Clubplanet Nightlife Community

~~~~~college Major!~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by liquidflow

I thought about majoring in bio, so i can work on biogenetics. Is it really tough?

Well I'm only entering into my second year at Rutgers so

I've only taken gen bio ...to me I didnt find it that hard...but then again plenty of people failed and I did my shit and pulled an A.

It def is one of the harder majors...but its something I love....all you have to do is apply yourself and its really not that difficult ...

\.....n then there is org chem :blown:

Originally posted by sassa

my major is international politics and communications, i graduate next june.

the major where you can make money is not important, but if you love what you're doing that should really matter, money won't matter in the long run. but that's an idealist talking.

Definitely the words of someone who hasn't graduated yet.

Originally posted by xtotaleclipsex

Well I'm only entering into my second year at Rutgers so

I've only taken gen bio ...to me I didnt find it that hard...but then again plenty of people failed and I did my shit and pulled an A.

It def is one of the harder majors...but its something I love....all you have to do is apply yourself and its really not that difficult ...

\.....n then there is org chem :blown:

I worried I will work my ass off and then not find a job or something. What do you plan to become with the degree?

double major.. finance and economics.. minor in math..

graduate next may... work goal.. investment banking or equity research..

in a couple years definelty going back to school.. was considering an mba, but most likely am not going in that direction anymore b/c its not worth it... no point in repeating all the core curriculum classes i've already done in other areas of business(ie managment, marketing, operations, law etc..) so i'm going to go for a masters in mathematical finance... courant institute @ NYU is the best school in the world for such, and will hopefully get me on the fast track to risk analytics, deal structuring, or quantitatively advanced products and such...

Whatever you decide to major in, make sure that its something that you are at least semi-interested in. Money is an important factor, but always try to look for a happy medium. I have a lot of friends who majored in Finance in college, just because it was hot at the time and it promised good money. Right now none of them want to work in the field. Don'g get me wrong you should get a degree in something "usefu" unless you're planning graduate school aferwards.