Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For all you djs out there

I got a question for all of you djs... my friend is an aspiring house dj. He bought 2 stanton turntables and a stanton rm-100 mixer. then he ran into a little debt and was forced to return the tables.

he is just beggining and i was wondering what he should do now. is that mixer good enough. should he get turntables, or would cds do it till he get the hang of whats hes doing, ( plus he doesnt have all the $$ for vinyls) also if he goes cd should he get a dual cd player or 2 seperate cd decks. if so any suggestions on what brand.

any and all input would be greatly appreciated

your friend is in the same boat i was in, i got all stanton stuff for my b-day, for now since i just started its good for me....a little tricky but if u don't have the money to buy tables i think almost anything is better than nothing

i have had the stanton rm-100 for 7 months now and I'm happy with it. I ended up getting stanton 650 cd player around the same time as well and no complains so far. The pioneer and denon cd players maybe too expensive for the budget.

Before the stanton cd player i had a gemini cd player for nearly 3 years. Every year the pitch control would stop working and i had issues with one side of the cd player every now and then.

So my advice is don't get the gemini or numark 'cause they're not worth the headache. Get something better like stanton.

As far as the advantage of dual vs table top cd players, I (obviously) prefer dual. It makes it easy to carry around and set up.

Good luck