Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CHEAP Bars/Lounges in manhattan?

Do they exist? Just wondering cuz, as some of you know, I'm a broke motha fucka, and as some of you also know, I enjoy drinking just a little :) I'm meeting some ppl in the city tommorrow night and we're looking to get our drink on but there's no way I can pay $10 a drink and get a buzz... so do any of you know any cheap places? Even if not cheap because I imagine nothing is really cheap in the city... then relatively cheap. Route 85a bar is the cheapest I've seen yet with $3 yuengling drafts... but I'm not gonna patronize them cuz of the shit they pulled with homegrown :mad:

I'm hoping to find something downtown for tomorrow... somewhere between roxy/arc (I know they're a ways apart, but I don't mind walking... ) but also something near midtown for future reference. I did find a place in jersey city with $1 drafts :eek: and I was in heaven, but don't wanna drive after gettin a good buzz so that's not an option.

Any help is appreciated, thanks! :)

$10 a drink, what are you looking at zagat or some shit to find bars? its so easy to find beers for 3-5$ and mixed 5-7$. Granted they are bars but there are a couple lounges mixed in too:

The places I know in the village and soho and here are the lists:

Village :

Peculiar Pub (one the best beer selections), Red Lion, La Margarita, The place next door to peculiar pub, most of the bars on bleecker.

Below houston aka soho

Spring Lounge (great bar and cheap $3 drafts, 6 for mixed)

Gatsby's (lounge in the back very cool place..new, $7 mixed)

24/8 (can't beat an english pub-lounge that plays massive attack! 4-6$)

Puck Fair

Double Happiness ($4 beers, $6 mixed)

these places not too far from arc. There is that bar around the corner from Arc's that some people here drink at!

oh yeah none of these place charge cover (DUH they are bars)...

www.citysearch.com or www.digitalcity.com/newyork and search surrounding areas for bars.

Originally posted by teklord310

Go to Deli, buy cheap alcohol, wrap in paper bag. Drink In Manhattan.

Alternative:

Follow instructions above, then enter drinking estalishment with concealed beverage and consume in this environment. DONE!

lol... that's what I'm used to doing... gettin tired of it tho, and want a place to sit down & chill in

Originally posted by spragga25

Bar None, Calico Jacks, and Nevada Smith's will probably be your best options downtown!

Hitting up Calico's myself for some pregame!!

yoooo - whaddup man, haven't seen u in a coupla months, since the last cp meetup I think... dunno if u remember me... where is Calico's at, and what time u hittin it up?

Originally posted by wahoo

$10 a drink, what are you looking at zagat or some shit to find bars? its so easy to find beers for 3-5$ and mixed 5-7$. Granted they are bars but there are a couple lounges mixed in too:

The places I know in the village and soho and here are the lists:

Village :

Peculiar Pub (one the best beer selections), Red Lion, La Margarita, The place next door to peculiar pub, most of the bars on bleecker.

Below houston aka soho

Spring Lounge (great bar and cheap $3 drafts, 6 for mixed)

Gatsby's (lounge in the back very cool place..new, $7 mixed)

24/8 (can't beat an english pub-lounge that plays massive attack! 4-6$)

Puck Fair

Double Happiness ($4 beers, $6 mixed)

these places not too far from arc. There is that bar around the corner from Arc's that some people here drink at!

oh yeah none of these place charge cover (DUH they are bars)...

www.citysearch.com or www.digitalcity.com/newyork and search surrounding areas for bars.

$10 drinks I was referring to what I paid at exit one time and swore never to again... until I accidentally knocked a drink out of a girl's hand @ roxy and paid $10 when I bought her a drink...

Thnx for all the info :aright: