Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Live Tech Mix- 08/06/02 & T list

kurtisp

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by bbflux

Maybe you could call SP industrial or techno if you were being broad but KMFDM?????? :laugh:

ok name me 1 track by kmfdm thats been played in a club and when the last time it was played?

name 1 dj who put it in a mix cd or played it on in any set

as for james go back to ft lauderdale ur exactly the stereo typical ft lauderdale person when people say ft laud sux n so does the music n the scene cause there is no scene and ur a nobody with ya dumb comments u dont know the first thing bout music or even what its like to be cool

sorry i dont try to be cool , i just act as myself and i cant help it everyone jocks me for it

guess thats why they do it cause i am the real me not a fake

everyone trying to be someone they not ..on the board in the club at thier school in thier jobs

put the pressure on and they act like a buncha panzies..

not calling anyone out by sayin that just making a comment on people these days

PLEASE!!!! :rolleyes: The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. Everyone has their ideas and beliefs as to what's what in electronic music but one thing is for sure..... SUB-GENRES STEM DIRECTLY FROM ONE ROOT GENRE. Think of it this way, techno's grandfather was Kraftwerk (a mid 70's German experiment involving the first use of machines and computers to create music). Carefully speaking, they were never called a techno group since there was nothing else to compare them to.

In the early 80's Chicago's pubecsent house scene gave way to acid. A sound picked up by a very creative individual from Detroit who was directly influenced by Kraftwerk's ingenuity as well. His name was Juan Atkins. He is famous for fusing computer generated sounds (a la Kraftwerk) with more palatable dance grooves (a la Electrifying Mojo) thus giving birth to techno. Soon after, Atkins along with Richard Davis formed the band Cybotron ( the first TECHNO ever). Cybotron gave way to the britt techno sound of Adamski and Baby Ford. Techno in it's pure form was hard core.

So... although everyone has opinions, remember that historical facts can be proven. :)

andrew is right. i know absolutely nothing about music. in fact i don't own any cd's, tapes, md's, vinyl or 8 tracks. i have no stereo. i've never been to a club. i know nobody. i've never met anybody, especially nobody of importance. no friends either. i'm just a name on a screen. thatks for putting me in my ft lauderdale place. are you sure i can't be your friend? i need at least 1. please.

ok what does kraftwerk have to do with kmfdm ??

its like saying NIN is tech its not

has elements of tech if u wanna go that far but in reality its not

james i havent even seen u speak 1 word of knowlage on this forum

and if by any chace u heart any kmfdm or MBM being played it was definitly a remix done by another producer not themselves..

i dont knock facts and peoples ideas im not knocking this kids mix either cause i didnt even listen to it

ya bbflux u keep thinkin ur the dominator in reality ur just as washed up as that track it

u better find some time to perculate

calix when ur right ur right .. everyone has sub genres

alota people confuse tech house tech and techno

like people say house n trance are the same they just arent knowladgeable to tell the differance

bblux,james,anyone else

80's sorry ur right i was still in grade school causing trouble

tryin to get my first piece of ass listining to guido freestyle touchin myself for the first time while i thought about tiffany and my hot ass nextdoor neighbor..

but anything from when i was 14 and older i do know about

i dont need to explain to you but fact is its 2002 and u dont know the current

bb next time dont call ur hubby to help youout of ur ruts

i bet even ur husband would agree and i think he already did by the sound of his post.. that kmfdm isnt techno

andrew, you obviously don't know me. so maybe you should STFU. i don't have to prove myself. i know i know my shit. whats the point?

nobody ever said kmfdm, meat beat, nine inch, kraftwerk or otherwise were tech. it was a reference point that was made about past electronic artists (probably from before your time). artists that if didn't exist it's a pretty decent argument that tech wouldn't have progressed to the point that it is. and if you don't know what kraftwerk had to do w/ cabaret voltaire, to what they had to do w/ kmfdm, to what they had to do w/ meat beat, to what they had to do w/ the orb to what they had to do w/ jon marsh to what he had to do w/ terry francis etc then you need to really get up to date. it's all relevent.

lmaoo

i dunn know SON, someone told me to post that u jock joey so i did..lol i thought it was funny but whatever

when im not fukin speakin to u dont speak to me

point black

i never came outa my mouth to dis-respect u on any of ur posts

i think i deserve the same respect back

so after ya jenny craig maybe u can get a personality somewhere

:jawdrop: no you didn't!!! That was SOOOO out of line. Not nice. :nono: No one has said anything about your hair :goofy: or any of your other strange features. Everyone has them so why bring it up? :)

BTW, Chris' point was not to prove or discredit anyone's statements. It was only to state the relation b/w the diff. genres. :)

...and I AM the DOMINATOR :bootysha: this is all so funny

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

:laugh: :laugh: ...this thread is too much, i wonder what u people will argue about next? which toilet paper feels better against ur irritated poop shoots?:tongue:

LMAO I prefer charmin ultra "Like pooping on a pillow" .. :laugh: :laugh: