Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deko vs. Hunka Bunka Saturdays... Who will be on top?

Both spots will be good in the fall & winter. But you cant compare Bunka to Deko. Deko is small, but a very chill spot. The capacity on both places are way off. Bunkas holds maybe 3-4 times the people at deko. But I will be at both places chillen with everyone.....

Hey atleast theres another spot to check out down South coming this fall.

Victor Soto

Originally posted by doubleplay1970

Deko and bunka are 2 different places so i am sure they will be different. if you want to hang and dance a bit deko is the place. for the bangin dancin pick up party night its bunka

my opinion

Doubleplay,

Since I am the one that is leading the new Saturday party at DEKO expect this party to be different then what u expect. Those who know me know my parties are on the mark when it comes to themes and music. This summer alone my party at the SURF allowed the Jersey shore goers a chance to listen to Hex Hector and Johnathan Peters. Also, in two weeks I am bringing Robbie Rivera in and from there I just announced a party with Denny, Richie Rydell, Richie Santana and Kirk Lopez. Plus my Friday party at Joeys is all about the music with my main man Kirk Lopez as a resident. Be prepared because DEKO is going to be big club sound in a smaller venue. The Thursday is very chill but gives u great music. This Saturday party is going to be a little different. I hope this tells people what to expect for Saturdays at DEKO. See everyone there.

Originally posted by esco

What will be the place to be for Central Jersey?

You mean On The Rocks Go-Go isn't the place to be in Central Jersey? :laugh: I think my bed is bigger than that dump. Wow I'm getting old, the last and only time I went in there I was 17.

Personally due to the size differences of the two clubs there is no comparison, Bunka is always a good sat night, I would actually like to see Richie play a big room around here somewhere on a saturday night. Its going to be interesting what Deko does with the other nights, Thursday at Deko is perfect. I don't think the room is right for big room music and crowds, Its a nice intimate room, they should keep it exclusive. Bunka, is a great saturday night spot, always has been and probably always will be, they have a good staff, great layout, one of the best I have ever seen in a nightclub EVER! You never see people waiting for restrooms, drinks, etc. Nothing worse than lines at the restrooms at clubs, yet some clubs refuse to address the problem, especially the ladies don't like to wait. No fun spending a good portion of the night on line anywhere in a club. Richie will definitely bring a good crowd to Deko, the Friday crowd he had at Abyss last winter was very good. This fall should be interesting.

The 2am thing sucks for both places. Deko should put together a happy hour thing on Fridays, an early party starting at like 6 or 7. There is nothing going on around here for happy hour except Champs on wednesdays. The 2am thing is gonna put people in the city or elsewhere when closing times are later. I don't really know to many people willing to prime up in Sayreville then hit the city, and economics are going to be a factor until the economy picks up again.

Originally posted by thepulse

The 2am thing sucks for both places. Deko should put together a happy hour thing on Fridays, an early party starting at like 6 or 7. There is nothing going on around here for happy hour except Champs on wednesdays. The 2am thing is gonna put people in the city or elsewhere when closing times are later. I don't really know to many people willing to prime up in Sayreville then hit the city, and economics are going to be a factor until the economy picks up again.

Platinum does a happy hour on Friday. Two hour open bar for $20 plus $2 shots for people with the happy hour wrist bands.

:pint::vomit3::bootysha:

Originally posted by sexyinthecity

Bunka Saturdays are not what they used to be. Last season they weren't packed every saturday like the year before. Granted it was still a pretty good time, but they have lost some of there energy.

Really???? my friends and I never noticed....I felt like every Saturday was such a good time. Kirk knows how to read the crowd so well he brings energy to that place. Plus with the guest dj's that bunka brings in....never once did I not enjoy the music or the vibe. Granted the 2 o'clock closing was a bitch for a while but whatever people still come because they know that it's a good time.

Binoy....the Bunka tractor beam gets me in the winter....lol :D

Originally posted by teresadf

Really???? my friends and I never noticed....I felt like every Saturday was such a good time. Kirk knows how to read the crowd so well he brings energy to that place. Plus with the guest dj's that bunka brings in....never once did I not enjoy the music or the vibe. Granted the 2 o'clock closing was a bitch for a while but whatever people still come because they know that it's a good time.

Binoy....the Bunka tractor beam gets me in the winter....lol :D

Yes you are right the music was always good every week. Especially with Kirk.

Originally posted by 12inch

Platinum does a happy hour on Friday. Two hour open bar for $20 plus $2 shots for people with the happy hour wrist bands.

:pint::vomit3::bootysha:

That was the place from December to March ~ they they started to not be, well ~ so busy! Now it's a hip hop club and they will do very well being a hip hop club because of all the college kids ~ they seemed to pack that side of the room more when they split it up! But, no platinum for me this year ~ it's sad ~ I really liked that place when they first opened ~ mark spun good ~ all the guest dj's ~ then, they made way too many changes.:( :( :(