Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone into Classic House Music?

Big Steve, I can appreciate you post, those records are actually Disco Classics in my book, I'm actually looking to see how many people have been doing the scene for the last 10 years or so that are really into 90's House. The disco stuff, MFSB, Mexican are great classic disco cuts, definitely some of my favs.

Originally posted by thepulse

Big Steve, I can appreciate you post, those records are actually Disco Classics in my book, I'm actually looking to see how many people have been doing the scene for the last 10 years or so that are really into 90's House. The disco stuff, MFSB, Mexican are great classic disco cuts, definitely some of my favs.

Hmm cant think of names but definatly into old house music. if you like i can go look in my closet at one of the many crates of records. I would guess you are talking about stuff like " work it to the bone" and stuff huh

I'm gonna put together a few classic house discs in the next month or so, hopefully I can get a club/lounge interested in doing a night once a month or something, just wanted to see how many peeps on the boards know about the music from the early nineties, mixers like MAW, Morales, Knucles, etc.

Originally posted by thepulse

Anything else about the record, "Move it" is pretty vague, there are a dozen records with Move It in them.

i dont know much about it...but it goes something like ..."move it move it move it move it... lets go lets go..." and then the bass kicks in..

For me, the music is all that matters. Fuck drugs. A good crowd is key, but the mix has to be tight. I love some older stuff, from disco (aka early house) to house to early "electronica" like kraftwerk to the masters of today . . .my favorite chill set of all time is Oakenfold at Home at Space in Ibiza, July 1999.

So much of the music played around here doesnt do dick for me. . . if i never heard that fucking "in heaven" song in any of its 37 versions again, I'd be a happy man. The scene down in Seaside sucks the nut for me, between the people and the crappy music. . . at least it's not cover bands, for chrissakes. . .

Some of the best music mixed live I ever heard was in an old club in Baltimore, where old house and disco was playing. . . it was just so tight, so well done. . .the dj was close to 50 years old, old black guy, you can tell this is his music, has been his music, and means so much to him. Just beautiful . . . the crowd was mostly older too, average age of about 35.

Knowing people who respect more than just the shit played around here is good . . .there is a chance for the area yet. . .

Who was the dj in Baltimore, I'm thinking I may know who he was or is. I agree with the whole mixing it up thing, Kraftwerk, theres a blast from the bast, most peeps no even realize that the Johnny Vicious Mindy K Moments thing was a remake of an old Art of Noise record. but the crowd rules what gets played here in NJ, they only have a few hours to get out, due to early closings so they wanna hear their favorites. Can't blame them.

I can't, for the life of me, remember the name of that DJ. All I remember is that I saw him once open for Feelgood, and then once solo. . . the name eludes me.

Feelgood sometimes plays older house, as well as throwing in some breaks. . . he's still one of my favorite DJs, especially because I've seen him around 20 times over 2 years in Balto/DC area.