Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tim Burton...

dgmodel

He certainly is in a class all his own. His dark take on life's situations and weird ways sure place him in his own category.

But i couldn't help but wonder... this guy is successful b/c he has a cult following. His movies are never big productions. They mainly gross avg. as far as today's standards, yet he's still so sought after.

I hope he doesn't turn towards mainstream and give up his directorial ways for what major filmhouses and producers want :worry:

actually, he's had a few big productions. some are debatable, i guess, but batman, batman returns, and planet of the apes sure were big, and mars attacks! was certainly something to contend with.

he went to my school, by the way (california institue of the arts), along with the leading man of his 1985 movie, pee-wee's big adventure :D .

Originally posted by weyes

he went to my school, by the way (california institue of the arts), along with the leading man of his 1985 movie, pee-wee's big adventure :D .

No kidding :eek:

Did you see pictures and dedications to them at your school? PeeWee must have been a real wackjob when he went there :laugh2:

Originally posted by weyes

actually, he's had a few big productions. some are debatable, i guess, but batman, batman returns, and planet of the apes sure were big, and mars attacks! was certainly something to contend with.

<3

danny elfman went there, too. my school's really famous for its halloween party. it actually becomes a production that the theater tech people, the actors, the dance students, the art students, the music students, and well, almost everyone (not the film/video/animators, so much) get together on. you have to have a ticket to get in, and people who don't go to the school are always trying to find a way to do it. you should see the costumes... the year after i graduated, pee-wee came to the party just to check stuff out, and some of my friends were so damn starstruck they swarmed the guy and took pictures. but we didn't see presentations on them; i guess my school thought that we'd seen a lot of their work, and neither of them came back to speak when i was there.