Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Merge got raided, why not temps???

Guest saleen351

Originally posted by Jsen7

Thats exactly how it happened. Clubbers were very confused and I was one of them at one point. Bouncers were running around looking like they were running from or chasing someone. We get outside and it's mobbed with clubbers, police and bystanders. Also some police dogs were hanging out in the mix(ruff ruff) Here Chopper! Chopper sick balls!

Thanks for the heads up on next weeks up and coming raid on Temps but doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a raid? Why would a cop give out that kind of info out in public or to anyone outside of the force? Maybe it was just some false advertising of a possible future raid to rattle some nerves.

It does defeat the purpose....but, he knew my uncle who was on the force for 20 years (homicide) and told me as a favor so I did'nt waste my time driving down there and waste my money.....he asked me not to say anything.....i think he thought I would'nt.......but my loyalty is to my fellow clubheads so I'm giving the heads up

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jsen7

Yeah I hear that. 2nd time i was in a club and it got raided. 1st time was @ Sandbar back in '99. Screws the whole night up. I wonder if Merge will be closed next week or if it's just a one night shutdown?

MERGE is open next week. . they only got a fine for over occupancy, 1 or 2 underage drinking, (they saved there asses by scanning ID’s) and a the fire chief also gave them a fine for some wire bullshit. . . :D Too bad I'll NEVER GO WITH YOU AGAIN!!!!

people who cares next week same time same place case closed. i will say this i can understand why there are certain people who are jealous of merge its simple they have the vibe they do the numbers the staff is great what more can u ask 4 o yah the music rich rydell must i say more he :blown: blows us all away with his sets. 4 those who disagree with me get over yourselfs u have no clue on anything give credit were credit is do.

merge and rydell cant ask 4 anything more

Originally posted by steveroussos52

people who cares next week same time same place case closed. i will say this i can understand why there are certain people who are jealous of merge its simple they have the vibe they do the numbers the staff is great what more can u ask 4 o yah the music rich rydell must i say more he :blown: blows us all away with his sets. 4 those who disagree with me get over yourselfs u have no clue on anything give credit were credit is do.

merge and rydell cant ask 4 anything more

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

By the way, before you guys get your panties in a bunch... I hear it was the ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Commission) that raided Merge for underage drinking.

Next weekend, the Jersey shore is hosting "2 for 1 Rat Night!" 2 rats get in for the price of 1... I can't believe how many people that have been busted with enough shit to fuck up the entire Jersey shore and wouldnt you know it, they are out partying a couple weeks later. Rats, they disgust me!

What a weekend I picked to stay home. My freinds called me this morning and told me about the raid. Pretty fucked up I tell ya. As far as why it happened, Because it did. Its that simple. No conspiracies or stupid theories cause one clubs doing better than another. All the clubs down there are doing well, the raid just happened to be the luck of the draw(or badluck). If you don't think there are undercover cops in every club down there your just plain stupid. I'd hate to think of the pictures of me hanging on some DEA's wall all mangled. There are probably some undercovers who've infultrated this board too...................hmmmm

Originally posted by bennyblanco818

Temps will Never Get Raided

i posted about the raids a couple a weeks ago, not surprising though merge wasnt one of the main concerns i was told by a friend whos part of a joint county narcotic task force .......he told me surf and temps for sure before the summer is out.

I honestly want to say, i dont belive in any theory that this has to do with competition or the other clubs. That would be the stupidest thing in the world. Anyone with half a brian would relieze that bringing heat on one place will,in turn, bring heat to ALL THE CLUBS. I DONT believe anyone down there is stupid. So, lets not create ,yet another, sinereo between the clubs.

Originally posted by wakeup

i posted about the raids a couple a weeks ago, not surprising though merge wasnt one of the main concerns i was told by a friend whos part of a joint county narcotic task force .......he told me surf and temps for sure before the summer is out.

Every year there are talks of raids........this is the first that I know of in 4 years. It was bound to happen to one of the clubs. As far as which one.............well maybe it does have to do with mob ties & money. Who knows.........Do you really think that the stories we see on TV aren't true to life. Unfortunately, we'll never no the truth...we can only speculate. And what ever stories leak, probably won't be true. We are fed bullshit even from our own gov't, and god knows you can't trust the media either.

Originally posted by ml2k1

I honestly want to say, i dont belive in any theory that this has to do with competition or the other clubs. That would be the stupidest thing in the world. Anyone with half a brian would relieze that bringing heat on one place will,in turn, bring heat to ALL THE CLUBS. I DONT believe anyone down there is stupid. So, lets not create ,yet another, sinereo between the clubs.

I think you should take some of your tips from bartending and purchase a dictionary or invest in spell check for your computer. :laugh:

There are rats and undercovers EVERYWHERE! And just when you thought that wasnt bad enuff there are new stations (Dateline, 20/20, 48 hours, as well as all the local new broadcasts) that are trying to make a story about the drugs that are 'taking over club the area'.

For those of you who dont know, I work PT for a radio station in NYC, and as a side gig work for a major TV network in NYC. Right after all that talk about a big E bust at Newark Airport and everyone was talking about how all those pills end up in NYC or the Jersey Shore. I was offered a decent amount of money to work with technicians from one of these news progams to try and sneak wireless, battery operated, hidden cameras into one club in particular in NYC, and 2 in Seaside to get undercover video for a story they were doing.

I told the executive producer that came to me to go do it herself- she was shocked, saying 'but you work in these places all the time at your other job, you can get this stuff in easily'- my response - thats EXACTLY why i WOULDNT help you out. I enjoy being at many of these places, and I really dont want to see them get raided or see people that i know running around fucked up on undercover video on the 11 o'clock news.

Just wanted to throw that out there...its not just cops, its EVERYONE that wants to start shit. the saying 'If your not one of US then your one of THEM' never made so much sense to me before....

bern

The news media kills the scene. They make such a big deal of it and it puts pressure on law agencies to do something.

Well the scene is much calmer as far as attitudes than I have seen in a long time.

At least everyone gets along. I would have much rather been at merge when they got raided than the night i was in the underground in NYC and some lunatic got kicked out and was all coked up and blew some people away. Somehow thats a bit scarier than just a police raid

Originally posted by doubleplay1970

The news media kills the scene. They make such a big deal of it and it puts pressure on law agencies to do something.

Well the scene is much calmer as far as attitudes than I have seen in a long time.

At least everyone gets along. I would have much rather been at merge when they got raided than the night i was in the underground in NYC and some lunatic got kicked out and was all coked up and blew some people away. Somehow thats a bit scarier than just a police raid

Well said. And how bout the fact that there are a lot less fights today with the drug scene than back when everyone was drunk at every club. I've been around for a while, and I remember Surf club and Tempts when there were 5 to 10 fights a night. Not to condone drugs, but the xtc crowd is a lot more tolerable.............just my observation........

Originally posted by stiffler

Well said. And how bout the fact that there are a lot less fights today with the drug scene than back when everyone was drunk at every club. I've been around for a while, and I remember Surf club and Tempts when there were 5 to 10 fights a night. Not to condone drugs, but the xtc crowd is a lot more tolerable.............just my observation........

In the last 3 yers i dont think i have seen one fight in the city. Im not saying there arent any but havent seen any. I can remember fights at 54 emerald city and underground that were plain scary. Not you typical push and pull and a few punches. It was 25 or 30 people fighting full of blood all on drugs and drunk and made a bad wave for those places. Alot of things in 54 never made the movies.

Originally posted by stiffler

What a weekend I picked to stay home. My freinds called me this morning and told me about the raid. Pretty fucked up I tell ya. As far as why it happened, Because it did. Its that simple. No conspiracies or stupid theories cause one clubs doing better than another. All the clubs down there are doing well, the raid just happened to be the luck of the draw(or badluck). If you don't think there are undercover cops in every club down there your just plain stupid. I'd hate to think of the pictures of me hanging on some DEA's wall all mangled. There are probably some undercovers who've infultrated this board too...................hmmmm

yes indeed...amen to that~~