Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Merge got raided, why not temps???

Guest saleen351

I actually caught on Msnbc one night a whole show dedicated to drugs in clubs. Tempts was all over the story. Lots of undercovers. It is true though, there are undercovers in every club. Undercovers usually have more a less a list of people they are looking for. It only makes sense that undercovers would go to all clubs considering logically that people don't go to the same place every night.

It just makes you wonder why Tempts never gets raided...considering its not unuasual to see an ambulance parked outside, and there is constant police surveillance out front.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sexyinthecity

It just makes you wonder why Tempts never gets raided...considering its not unuasual to see an ambulance parked outside, and there is constant police surveillance out front.

The mayor of seaside is part owner of XS and tempts don't ya think that has something to do with why tempts NEVER get raided??? Its all about the politics.... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by laurie619

No that’s what I call my FUCKEN OPINION, if you have a prob with that too bad learn to deal with it....:finger:

Deal with it???:confused: Hmmmm, wasn't it your opinion that got you banned from oh sooooo many clubs? :eek: :eek: Funny, how you somehow made it into Tempts this past weekend and all of a sudden you are keeping your big mouth shut!!! Why don't you keep it that way!

Originally posted by trikki

Deal with it???:confused: Hmmmm, wasn't it your opinion that got you banned from oh sooooo many clubs? :eek: :eek: Funny, how you somehow made it into Tempts this past weekend and all of a sudden you are keeping your big mouth shut!!! Why don't you keep it that way!

YOU ARE A FUCKEN ASSHOLE, & HAVE NO FUCKEN CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT...I WOULDNT STEP FOOT IN TEMPTS...AND I DIDNT THIS WEEKEND... AND IT ONLY TEMPTS (WHEN DENNY IS PLAYING) I AM BAN ..SHUT THE FUCK UP BECAUSE YOU ARE CLUELESS....

I HAVE HEARD AND READ A LOT ABOUT UNDERCOVERS AND VERY TIGHT WATCHES ON SHORE CLUBS THIS YEAR. GRANTED THEY SAY THIS EVERY YEAR, I THINK THEY ARE TRYING TO PROVE A POINT BY RAIDING MERGE...KINDA SAYING A " I KNOW WHAT GOES ON,THIS IS TO SHAKE IT UP ALITTLE BIT" TYPE OF THING. AS FAR AS THE TEMPS THING GOES, IF IT GETS RAIDED, IT GETS RAIDED...IF IT DOESNT, IT DOESNT. EVERYONE KNOW WHAT GOES ON IN THERE, AND I AM SURE THE COPS DO TOO. MONEY RULES THE WORLD, AND UNTIL THAT DAY CEASES, TEMPS WONT GET RAIDED. THEY WILL LET PEOPLE GO INTO EPILECTIC SEIZURES AND HAVE KIDS OD ON WHATEVER THEY ARE ON AT THE TIME, BUT IT STILL WONT GET RAIDED. TEMPS HAS MONEY...AND MONEY RULES THE WORLD. ALSO, MERGE IS STILL FAIRLY NEW...THEY ALWAYS BUST BALLS ON NEW PLACES. IF ONE GETS RAIDED, JUST WALK DOWN THE STREET...THEY BOTH HAVE RIDICULOUS MUSIC;)

Never say never.

It's not just a matter of money. You don't think Twilo had the $$ for pay offs. How about Gatien, You don't think the Tunnel and Limelight couldn't afford to grease a few palms?

It's politics.

A lot of times, the clubs are told when a raid will happen. It's a show of good faith to the public for the police to say, look, we're doing something.

The clubs cooperate with with the police to keep them happy. What do the club owners care if the cops fish a couple of kids out of their place? The cops make a few arrests and look good. The club looks like they want to clean up there act and everybody is happy

SF doesn't get raided, but there are plenty of undercover cops in there. Hell I distinctly remember being on the 3rd floor hanging out when 2 uniformed cops came in. They were just chillin out looking at all the crack heads. They hung out for a while then left.

No arrests, they didn't hassel any patrons (that I saw).

A few months ago I had heard the SF had to give them something like 10 people a week, to appease the police. That's easier to do than hitting the ocean falling off a ship.

One way or another, arrangements are made.

By the way IMO, it's not the media thats ruined the scene. It's stupid, immature, uneducated, must do everything to excess, irresponsible kids that get themselves and their clubs into trouble by bringing attention to it

The drugs were always there. I have been around for a long time and can honestly say, people are so much more carless these days.

And for God sakes, If you're gonna do em, be discreet about it.

Don't advertise, people ARE watching.......

AHHH, the first weekend I missed down the shore and this happened! It stinks ~ I've never been to Merge but I've heard good things about Richie on Saturday nights.

Anyway, I am still going to go to Temps the next 3 weekends ~ as some of you said before, if it gets raided, it gets raided ~ I'm just going to be smart about it and go clean. I have a good time no matter what ~ it's the music and atmosphere (sometimes) that keeps the night alive!!! and, it's who I'm with! :)

Originally posted by bionic

By the way IMO, it's not the media thats ruined the scene. It's stupid, immature, uneducated, must do everything to excess, irresponsible kids that get themselves and their clubs into trouble by bringing attention to it

The drugs were always there. I have been around for a long time and can honestly say, people are so much more carless these days.

And for God sakes, If you're gonna do em, be discreet about it.

Don't advertise, people ARE watching.......

I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!!! Thank god my friends and I are smart ~ we don't get sloppy and stupid when we party ~ atleast not in the clubs and you are right ~ its people who don't use their heads that ruin it ~ can't people just get F'ed up enough to have a good time? ~ do they always have to go to the extreme?

I hope I don't get yelled at for this one but I just hate that everyone cracks down on the club scene like we are bad people or something. We aren't ~ they just want to pick on us and some people just get stupid when they party and attract attention that they shouldn't (cops, narcs, media, etc.) I just am scared of the fact that one day, there will be no more CLUBS!:(

BIONIC ~ THAT WAS VERY INTELLIGENTLY WORDED...YOU ARE RIGHT...ALL BIG CLUBS HAVE MONEY TO PAY OFF WHAT THEY NEED TO MAINTAIN A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH BOTH THE POLICE AND THE PATRONS. IN TURN, THEY LOOK LIKE LAW ABIDING BUSINESS OWNERS WHO RESPECT AUTHORITY AND STILL WANT TO PLEASE THE GENERAL CROWD THAT THEY CATER TO EVERY WEEK OR SO. GRANTED I DONT DO ANY TYPE OF DRUGS WHAT SO EVER, BUT I AGREE WITH YOU ON THE PART WHERE YOU STATED THAT IMMATURE KIDS GET OUTTA CONTROL SOMETIMES. I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO HANDLE WHAT THEY DO AND ACT AS RESPONSIBLE AS YOU CAN BE ON CERTAIN THINGS, BUT I HAVE ALSO SEEN STUPIDITY AT ITS BEST. I CAN NAME NUMEROUS OCCASIONS AT FACTORY WHERE PEOPLE HAVE LITERALLY WALKED IN WITH DRUGS IN THE PALM OF THEIR HAND. SOME GET AWAY WITH IT,SOME DONT. THE MEDIA HAS RESPONDED SO GREATLY I THINK B/C OF THOSE SILLY ONES WHO HAVE TO BROADCAST TO THE WORLD WHAT THEY ARE DOING, WHAT THEY ARE ON, AND PUKE ON A COPS SHOES. THATS WHY PEOPLE GET CAUGHT, IMO. BUT IN ALL HONESTY...THAT IS THE CLUB SCENE EVERYWHERE, AND I REALLY DO THINK THAT PEOPLE STILL GO FOR THE MUSIC AND THE VIBE AND THATS WHAT MAKES CLUBS, REGARDLESS OF THE RAIDS OR NOT, WORTH THE LONGGGGTRIP DOWN THE SHORE OR INTO THE CITY. :D;)

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

BIONIC ~ THAT WAS VERY INTELLIGENTLY WORDED...YOU ARE RIGHT...ALL BIG CLUBS HAVE MONEY TO PAY OFF WHAT THEY NEED TO MAINTAIN A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH BOTH THE POLICE AND THE PATRONS. IN TURN, THEY LOOK LIKE LAW ABIDING BUSINESS OWNERS WHO RESPECT AUTHORITY AND STILL WANT TO PLEASE THE GENERAL CROWD THAT THEY CATER TO EVERY WEEK OR SO. GRANTED I DONT DO ANY TYPE OF DRUGS WHAT SO EVER, BUT I AGREE WITH YOU ON THE PART WHERE YOU STATED THAT IMMATURE KIDS GET OUTTA CONTROL SOMETIMES. I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO HANDLE WHAT THEY DO AND ACT AS RESPONSIBLE AS YOU CAN BE ON CERTAIN THINGS, BUT I HAVE ALSO SEEN STUPIDITY AT ITS BEST. I CAN NAME NUMEROUS OCCASIONS AT FACTORY WHERE PEOPLE HAVE LITERALLY WALKED IN WITH DRUGS IN THE PALM OF THEIR HAND. SOME GET AWAY WITH IT,SOME DONT. THE MEDIA HAS RESPONDED SO GREATLY I THINK B/C OF THOSE SILLY ONES WHO HAVE TO BROADCAST TO THE WORLD WHAT THEY ARE DOING, WHAT THEY ARE ON, AND PUKE ON A COPS SHOES. THATS WHY PEOPLE GET CAUGHT, IMO. BUT IN ALL HONESTY...THAT IS THE CLUB SCENE EVERYWHERE, AND I REALLY DO THINK THAT PEOPLE STILL GO FOR THE MUSIC AND THE VIBE AND THATS WHAT MAKES CLUBS, REGARDLESS OF THE RAIDS OR NOT, WORTH THE LONGGGGTRIP DOWN THE SHORE OR INTO THE CITY. :D;)

:otopic: Totally off topic but I love your signature. It is so true.

Originally posted by laurie619

YOU ARE A FUCKEN ASSHOLE, & HAVE NO FUCKEN CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT...I WOULDNT STEP FOOT IN TEMPTS...AND I DIDNT THIS WEEKEND... AND IT ONLY TEMPTS (WHEN DENNY IS PLAYING) I AM BAN ..SHUT THE FUCK UP BECAUSE YOU ARE CLUELESS....

WHAHOOOOO.........Did I touch a nerve, Miss Laurie Pickamyass????:cry: Boo Hooo.

It's politics.

A lot of times, the clubs are told when a raid will happen. It's a show of good faith to the public for the police to say, look, we're doing something.

The clubs cooperate with with the police to keep them happy. What do the club owners care if the cops fish a couple of kids out of their place? The cops make a few arrests and look good. The club looks like they want to clean up there act and everybody is happy

You're right, If I owned a club I wouldn't want any drugs in the place. There's no money in it for the club. Alcohol is where the money is. If I saw my liquor sales droping and drug usage going up I would almost welcome a raid. Get the drugs out, more booze, more money.

First of all, The Mayor of Seaside doesn't have anything to do with any of the clubs in Seaside at all, so Laurie your source or facts are wrong trust me.

Secondly, We (Tempts) have been raided before and will be again I'm sure. Its part of the business and is something you deal with. The Police have had undercover people in clubs for a few years now, they watch people get the info on who's who and then raid the club concentrating on those people and the information they collected.

Merge was 1st this time and next time it'll be some one else's turn.

You people read into things too much and its pretty obvious most of you are new to the scene, who believe these rumors.

The Police have a job to do just like you and me so just go with flow.

Anyway only a few weeks left enjoy yourself where ever you go, and if your doing nothing wrong then let them raid away you'll have nothing to worry about.

P.S. To all my "friends" that get to beat the line remember Labor day is coming and showing your thanks is always greatly appreciated $$$$

Murray

It is true too...that the police are just doing there jobs. But what sucks is that not all of us are drug dealers or crackheads and we don't deserve to be treated shi**y when the cops decide to raid a place.

I interned at a police station for over 4 months twice a week and let me just say you learn alot about how things work. I was in a police car and he pulled someone over and asks me before I get out of the car do you think that I should give him a ticket. They act all macho and the power goes right to there head( most not all).

Originally posted by sexyinthecity

Personally I would rather wait on line at Tempts then pay a bouncer to get in. I really can't stand that, sometimes you think you guys are god.

No offense Murray...its a general statement and not personally intended directly at you in any way shape or form.

See if i was a bouncer id be broke. id let you all right in and then probably be stupid enough to pay the cover too. Then again id make it back by charging others to beat the line lol

SF doesn't get raided, but there are plenty of undercover cops in there. Hell I distinctly remember being on the 3rd floor hanging out when 2 uniformed cops came in. They were just chillin out looking at all the crack heads. They hung out for a while then left.

No arrests, they didn't hassel any patrons (that I saw).

A few months ago I had heard the SF had to give them something like 10 people a week, to appease the police. That's easier to do than hitting the ocean falling off a ship.

One way or another, arrangements are made.

Nothing beats a few weeks after Sept 11. a bunch of NYPD uniform cops were in there having energy drinks and they moved the crowd to the main floor around 2pm Sunday to get ready for closing they brought those liittle spool pedestal's and put the cops on there with spotlights on them and the crowd started cheering. It was pretty cool. Some chicks went up to them and started unbuttoning their shirts. It was pretty cool cops hangin out with crackheads (and at 2pm there are a few normal people in there the rest are mangled) Just figured id share a story!