Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new Terp lookin for clubs!

h0uselord

whats up everyone -

i'm gonna be a freshman at U of Maryland in about two weeks, and i come from NYC - so i'm lookin for some places to party in DC!

i hear alot about a club called Buzz, but idk about anythin else down here at all. up in NYC, my four favorite places to be are Roxy, Exit, Factory, and Arena(Pall.)........so if anyone can help me out and tell me about similar places i'd really appreciate it!!

also if anyone else goin to UMCP wants ta hook up and chill, holllaaaa ------ jmzh0v3@aol.com especially if you from ny!

thanks all---

Definitely check out Stereo.

Buzz on Friday then Stereo on Saturday. If you can keep up the energy and afford it. Makes for a nice relaxing Sunday and quick week!

I would recommend avoiding Dream and Platinum and VIP and those BS, Armani, dress code enforcing political bullshit clubs. As long as you can take care of yourself and don't mind being creeped out by seeing some sketchy shit sometimes, I think you'll like the other clubs.

Originally posted by h0uselord

whats up everyone -

i'm gonna be a freshman at U of Maryland in about two weeks, and i come from NYC - so i'm lookin for some places to party in DC!

i hear alot about a club called Buzz, but idk about anythin else down here at all. up in NYC, my four favorite places to be are Roxy, Exit, Factory, and Arena(Pall.)........so if anyone can help me out and tell me about similar places i'd really appreciate it!!

also if anyone else goin to UMCP wants ta hook up and chill, holllaaaa ------ jmzh0v3@aol.com especially if you from ny!

thanks all---

:idea: Talk to that Eggmok character, he's a junior at UMD and I'm sure he wouldn't mind showing you around......he also likes Exit and Roxy......

Originally posted by candeo

Definitely check out Stereo.

Buzz on Friday then Stereo on Saturday. If you can keep up the energy and afford it. Makes for a nice relaxing Sunday and quick week!

You didn't have Vinyl on your list of favorite clubs, otherwise I'd say definitely check out Buzz and Stereo. You definitely should check out Buzz anyway. And you're going to have to adjust to no NYC type after hours for the most part.

Originally posted by candeo

Sorry, Kuro. I haven't been to Vinyl. Where is it and what's it like?

I meant Houselord. I think you would like Vinyl. No dress code, now they have agreat sound system, great DJs, not enough techno. But it's very small (which would be fine if they had better ventilation) and they don't serve alcohol (which is fine for me cuz I don't drink).

thanks for the replies all -- i'm more of a progressive/dance/freestyle person than a straight trance, so i think i have a good idea of where to go now...

neva been to vinyl, on my to-club list tho...cant tear myself away from factory-on-fri-and-arena-on-sat routine

thanks guys!!

Hmmm I think we have another candidate for our NY roadtrips!! I am also from NY, I run a couple of parties up there, and I'm gonna miss it.... :( But if u wanna come out just send me a PM, my friends and I don't do much staying in. Also, check out Modern in Georgetown. (Go Hoyas... bahhhh Terps!)

I'm a sophmore at maryland too. defintiely check out Buzz, rediculous, amazing line-ups every friday night, lot of prorgessive, house, for trance goto glow, a lot of my boys promote there, i might start promoting for buzz this semester. Buzz closes at 6 though, so if you want afterhours theres a place called Club W goin till 11am which i might spin at when ig et back to school.

yo platinumjd are you in SAE