Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SAuce or gravy

Originally posted by doubleplay1970

i am in the same boat as notallthere. i call it mac too and always call it gravy.

my nona was the best, every sunday she would say " ok we need cavatelli for you your brothers and you fater and me so there are five of us, ok go to foodtown ad get 5 pounds of cavatelli"

lol thats awesome your making me hungry! i had sunday dinners every single sunday with my entire family till my grandmother passed away when i was 17. it was great times! big pot of gravy with home made meat balls , nice big salad with those slimy red peppers in it , different macs evey week. i like those tube shaped ones

Guest bonsolidd
Originally posted by doubleplay1970

i am in the same boat as notallthere. i call it mac too and always call it gravy.

my nona was the best, every sunday she would say " ok we need cavatelli for you your brothers and you fater and me so there are five of us, ok go to foodtown ad get 5 pounds of cavatelli"

cavatelli my favorite!

Originally posted by thepulse

If its traditional, with pork, veal, beef in the mix, then it is gravy, due to the fact that the meat is in there. If it just contains tomatoes, spices, etc, no meats, then it is sauce.

that is soooo funny. my cousin roseanne is a chef and owns a resturant and always said the same thing. i would have said it but thought i would have gotten hammere for it.

the long thigs are ZITi

I am right off the baot moved here when I was 9 and it is most def. Sauce. Only American-Italian like 3rd or 4th generation call it GRAVY. GRAVY is brown and it goes on mash potatoes and meatloaf, not pasta. SAUCE, it's SAUCE. The only conection Sauce has to Gravy is it definition: Containing meat........... but it is still sacue.................. GOT IT.................... SAUCE say it with me

SSSSSSSSSAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Originally posted by perns2002

I am right off the baot moved here when I was 9 and it is most def. Sauce. Only American-Italian like 3rd or 4th generation call it GRAVY. GRAVY is brown and it goes on mash potatoes and meatloaf, not pasta. SAUCE, it's SAUCE. The only conection Sauce has to Gravy is it definition: Containing meat........... but it is still sacue.................. GOT IT.................... SAUCE say it with me

SSSSSSSSSAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What about Greek gravy?..........its a red sauce with an eyeround roast beef soaked in it. Slightly different from an Italian SAUCE, because I believe there is some cinnimon in it. Tastes real good, yet I don't put it on mashpotatoes and always called it gravy.

Also I am a 3rd gen. Amer-Italian who calls sauce gravy..........sorry Perns2002...............please forgive me?

Originally posted by bonsolidd

cavatelli my favorite!

I love them with Broccoli

As for the sauce or gravy question, being my family is ghetto (from Newark) at home its referred to as gravy...But In public I have never nor would my family ever order the pasta with red gravy...Its always sauce...Have you ever seen an Italian menu that says ravioli in a red gravy:D

Originally posted by stiffler

Also I am a 3rd gen. Amer-Italian who calls sauce gravy..........sorry Perns2002...............please forgive me

It's ok, you will never hear a first generation or born there italian call it gravy, very very very very RARE..............................

You are forgivien, but don't ever say it around me I may have to school you ................

p.s.

and cavatellli and broccoli rabe' is even better..........

Originally posted by stiffler

Also I am a 3rd gen. Amer-Italian who calls sauce gravy..........sorry Perns2002...............please forgive me

It's ok, you will never hear a first generation or born there italian call it gravy, very very very very RARE..............................

You are forgivien, but don't ever say it around me I may have to school you ................

p.s.

and cavatellli and broccoli rabe' is even better..........

YUK...THere are 2 italian foods that I can not stomach...1 brocc rabb and pasta vazulle (help with the sp)......Also, I am a fan of tripe, I ordered that out with my girlfriend and her family once I thought they were going to puke...(SHE DUMPED A FEW DAYS LATER) :laugh:

Originally posted by jp18

YUK...THere are 2 italian foods that I can not stomach...1 brocc rabb and pasta vazulle (help with the sp)......Also, I am a fan of tripe, I ordered that out with my girlfriend and her family once I thought they were going to puke...(SHE DUMPED A FEW DAYS LATER) :laugh:

Vazulle is a commen misconseption, its pasta and FAGIOLI, (pasta and beans) the Fazulle thing is like holy a dialect american thing........... you like tripe over pasta e' fagiloi get out - really come over next time my mom makes it, the ehhhhhhh heh hummmm SAUCE, yes SAUCE she makes it in it to die for. I won'teat it but I will dip my bread in the SAUCE.

Italians actually call SAUCE the SALSA' not said salsa like taco shit, salsa like the dance but said a little differently .............

Originally posted by bonsolidd

cavatelli my favorite!

I thought it was pronounced GAH-VAH-DEEL............that's like going to an Italian restaurant and asking for fried calamari.........they'll bring you bait if you ask for it like that.

Vazulle is a commen misconseption, its pasta and FAGIOLI, (pasta and beans) the Fazulle thing is like holy a dialect american thing........... you like tripe over pasta e' fagiloi get out - really come over next time my mom makes it, the ehhhhhhh heh hummmm SAUCE, yes SAUCE she makes it in it to die for. I won'teat it but I will dip my bread in the SAUCE.

Italians actually call SAUCE the SALSA' not said salsa like taco shit, salsa like the dance but said a little differently .............

I cant spell....I didnt say I choose intestines over pasta....Im just saying I like it alot....

Oh............... there said differently also.......... though..........

Snot Face

Sorry No our air conditioner is not working and everyone keeps bitching how it is, Im a complete puddle of sweat and am very ill tempered:laugh:

Watch it or I'll call INS on you when you go back to italy.

Sorry No our air conditioner is not working and everyone keeps bitching how it is, Im a complete puddle of sweat and am very ill tempered:laugh:

Watch it or I'll call INS on you when you go back to italy.

Its ok.............. :D

Guest bonsolidd

I love them with Broccoli

As for the sauce or gravy question, being my family is ghetto (from Newark) at home its referred to as gravy...But In public I have never nor would my family ever order the pasta with red gravy...Its always sauce...Have you ever seen an Italian menu that says ravioli in a red gravy:D

I think this calls for a little cavetelli and broc tonight! :grin3: