Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Aaron Swank

Originally posted by thepulse

Yeah, everyone says hopefully it will teach those that use this drug, I personally would never touch G, If that is even what killed him, But you can't tell anyone what to do or what not to do. Another family has to deal with losing someone, my prayers are with them. Makes you wonder if they will look to blame the music, friends, club culture or anything else. Hopefully they can remember him without looking to blame anyone.

I know, it's just so hard, either way, it's still sad...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is a really sad story...May God watch over his family and friends, I hope everyone looks at this as a wkae up call...drugs kill, regardless of what you take or the amount you take...I personally dont do them, but I hope everyone either stops or will try to party smart...

Only the good die young

A great friend, awesome DJ, unreal person past away yesterday, his name is Aaron Swank. I'm shocked and very upset about this. He was the DJ I got for the party alot of you attended at float on Nov 30th (Holiday Summit), it was clubplanet, NCC and other boards party, plus he was at the America meetup with me last Oct. I'm starting a charity(fund) for his family, I'll post the link soon. Jonathan Peters is arranging a tribute night to Aaron @ Factory in a few weeks. Me and Metromix site will be dedicating streaming this week. My friend Drea wrote a great song, plus doing the vocals, Shawn Ink will produce the beats. Guys please be careful out there, life is too short, treasure it.

Aaron on right:

http://www.jonathanpeters.com/dcfor...city.com/meetup

Drea's song:

On God’s Side

In Honor of our Dear Friend Aaron Swank

By: Drea

August 17, 2002

Verse 1

Your visit here was short

You made the most of your time

Thank you for your talents

And now your on God’s side

Chorus

A new day has dawned

The rain has passed by

Your music will still surround me

Verse 2

Your friendship was true

Your heart so sincere

You have nothing to fear

Chorus

A new day has dawned

The rain has passed by

Your music will still surround me

Bridge

And may the memories of you live on in my mind

When I think of you they grow stronger every time

And now you are safe on God’s side

I was just reading the paper, and read about another dj who lived in Rahway for 15 years and recently moved to Houston, he passed this week as well. His name was John Suliga, he evidently djed in NYC, Roxy, Palladium, Webster Hall, etc and compiled the Webster Hall Cds vol 1 & 2, according to the paper. Prayers to both his and Aaron's families. I guess the man upstairs is recruiting djs this week.

rest in peace my friend. a real good guy to know. im glad to see the song made, please inform us all when it is complete. as for his family, my prayers go out to you. its a terrible thing to happen to anyone, let alone a 24 year old kid with a heart of gold, and a style to match it. rip my friend, we are thinking of you

R.I.P buddy...you may be gone but youre still in our minds and hearts. we still hear you playin in our subconcious droppin the beats.

there is a new star in the sky for you my friend. youll be shining on us all for eternity. you got the ultimate gig playin for the man upstairs. peace brotha!!

I was just reading the paper, and read about another dj who lived in Rahway for 15 years and recently moved to Houston, he passed this week as well. His name was John Suliga, he evidently djed in NYC, Roxy, Palladium, Webster Hall, etc and compiled the Webster Hall Cds vol 1 & 2, according to the paper. Prayers to both his and Aaron's families. I guess the man upstairs is recruiting djs this week.

WOW along with aaron and this person...also the lead singer of drownin pool died on thursday also....im sure drug related...he was a very cool guy...this shit sucks...

My Dad died of OD also...So I COMPLETELY understand how heart felt everyone is.....

please everyone slow down/stop if you do Drugs....it affects more than just you...it affected everyone around you 10 times more

Just read that article in the Star Ledger, sucks for Aaron and his family, Sucks about the relationship he had with his dad, Sucks that the kid whose house he was at could be held responsible according to some NJ law about who supplied the G. Never tried it myself, never will, I'm actually surprised and upset about the article and the headline, Its not a good thing for anyone, I know I wouldn't want to go out like that!

Just read that article in the Star Ledger, sucks for Aaron and his family, Sucks about the relationship he had with his dad, Sucks that the kid whose house he was at could be held responsible according to some NJ law about who supplied the G. Never tried it myself, never will, I'm actually surprised and upset about the article and the headline, Its not a good thing for anyone, I know I wouldn't want to go out like that!

Same law applies to E if some one dies....

i had the pleasure of knowing aaron for over four years. his passion for dance music was second to none but more important he was a great person. it was always a pleasure to hang out with him when i got a chance to. my best wishes goes out to his family,girlfriend and friends. he wil be missed!!!!!!!!!!

i truly hope this tragedy opens up some clubbers eyes to just how dangerous taking ghb can be. have fun and party but don't ever take life for granted. this could happen to anyone who takes it. be safe and party responsably!!!!!!

rich rydell

If tears could build a stair way, And memories were a lane, I would walk right up to heaven To bring you home again.No farewell words were spoken No time to say good-bye, You were gone before I knew it, And only God knows why. My heart still aches in sadness And secret tears still flow What it meant to lose you,No one will ever know

I am sorry for those of you who were friends with him. It is hard loosing a friend......... I can only tell you that time heals all wounds and it will get better............

“In the end, We will all be together forever”

Star Ledger - http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1029748210167626.xml

Drug, alcohol overdose kills aspiring DJ

Monday, August 19, 2002

BY JERRY BARCA

Star-Ledger Staff

Aaron Swank was supposed to interview today for a position selling suits with Armani in the Mall at Short Hills. After bouncing in and out of jobs since high school, the 24-year-old Parsippany man was getting his life together and had dreams of being a famous deejay at New York City clubs, family and friends said.

But his dreams will go unfulfilled. Swank died from an apparent overdose of the party drug GHB and alcohol on Friday, authorities said.

"Me and my son were not always on the best of terms. Yes, he's a son, but he's also a man making his own decisions. It looked like he was getting his life back on track," his father, Tom Swank, said yesterday.

Tom Swank named his son Aaron Henry after Major League Baseball's home run king, Henry Aaron. Swank said he hoped his son would grow up to be a baseball player like "Hammerin'" Hank, but the closest Aaron Swank came to athletics was sculpting his body by lifting weights two to three hours a day.

Aaron Swank could pick from about 2,000 techno-music records he owned to play in his home studio. The music annoyed Tom Swank.

Aaron Swank deejayed at the Sound Factory and the Exit Night Club in New York, but his lack of a steady job grew tired on his father.

"He didn't take a manly approach to life. He lacked discipline," Tom Swank said.

Three weeks ago there was a turning point in the father-son relationship when Tom Swank came home from the hospital after being diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. With Tom Swank given less than a year to live, he and his son called a truce.

"I asked him not to play the music so loud and he played the music, but not that loud. Now, I only wish I had seen him dance. He was a great dancer, people told me," Tom Swank said.

Aaron Swank's deejay skills had built a cult following. Clubplanet.com has a link where fans have written about 20 messages mourning his death.

He met his girlfriend, Rachel Manheim, a little more than three years ago at the Exit Night Club. Manheim lived with Aaron in the Swank home.

As is common with the club scene, Swank used drugs occasionally, Manheim, 24, said.

"He wasn't a drug addict," she said.

Lately, the couple's lifestyle had changed. Instead of hitting the clubs they were going to movies and the mall, Manheim said.

When Aaron Swank hit it big deejaying, he and Manheim would marry, build a house and have four kids and two dogs, she said.

"He would cry to me all the time saying he had to make things right. This was his time to make things right," she said.

Police said Swank had no pulse when paramedics found him in a downstairs bedroom of a friend's house around 1 p.m. Friday. After a night out at Double D's, a bar in Morristown, Swank, Nicholas Protopapas, 25, and six others went to Protopapas' house on Rita Drive in Parsippany. Swank had been drinking GHB out of a Cepacol bottle, and Protopapas had drank it from a Renu bottle, normally used to hold contact lens solution, police said.

GHB, or gamma-hydroxybutyrate, is often available in after- hours clubs and rave parties as a white powder that is dissolved in water, resulting in a salty tasting liquid. Users have reported a sense of euphoria, enhanced sexual effects and no hangover. It is called the "date rape" drug because an overdose causes the user to lose consciousness.

Swank and Protopapas were taken to Saint Clare's Hospital in Denville. Swank was pronounced dead at 2:45 p.m. Friday. Protopapas was released on Saturday and declined to comment when contacted at his home yesterday.

The Morris County Prosecutor's Office is investigating, said Lt. Paul Kalleberg. If the person or people responsible for giving Swank the GHB are identified, they will be prosecuted for homicide under the state's strict liability law, which has been used applied to people who supply a fatal dose of drugs, Kalleberg said.

GHB has been used since the 1960s, first as an anesthetic, then sold in health food stores as a product to induce sleep and as a bodybuilding aid. The drug can be fatal when mixed with alcohol.

In addition to his father, Swank is survived by his mother, Maria; four brothers, Eric Swank and Jose Morales, both of Parsippany, Maurice Guzman of Ridgefield Park and Bryan Swank of Little Falls; and a sister, Helene Scarnegi of Little Falls.

Originally posted by perns2002

If tears could build a stair way, And memories were a lane, I would walk right up to heaven To bring you home again.No farewell words were spoken No time to say good-bye, You were gone before I knew it, And only God knows why. My heart still aches in sadness And secret tears still flow What it meant to lose you,No one will ever know

Where is this from??????