Clubplanet Nightlife Community

laws on using others music

should check ascap, but honestly unless they are a huge band selling and mass marketing thousands of discs, they should be safe. Also they could probably get by saying its a promo cd and they are only covering their costs and its their own interpretation of the music, I wouldn't sweat it if I was them. And they will get a warning first-- Usually.

Well my recomendation is to check into see what it costs...chances are....there is already a ska or punk version of the song they are doing already if its a big song....example the song Deja Vu by peter guns and lord tariq was a direct rip off of steeley dan' and they paid after it blew up....

Originally posted by djprime

Well my recomendation is to check into see what it costs...chances are....there is already a ska or punk version of the song they are doing already if its a big song....example the song Deja Vu by peter guns and lord tariq was a direct rip off of steeley dan' and they paid after it blew up....

Forget it it'llcost you an arm and a leg.

If it's a little cd that he's putting out without a label or any of that stuff you will mostr likely get away with it.

Originally posted by stonedcl

NO one listens to SKA so chances are the original artist or people that listen to them will never hear your bro in law's version, You should be cool :):)

noone listens to techno either

thanks for the help. maybe one day he will make it big