Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ATTN: Dave.....We need another big meetup

There are so many new people on here that I wanna meet.......

If you need help on it, I will put the time and effort into it....but there has to be something within the next couple of months that binds all the crazy clubers together and puts faces behind all the screennames.......

And again....BIG PLACE

The meetup at Float was ill, but something like America will do fine. Let me know........

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

Jon- its really funny that you posted this. I was just about

to send DaVe a harassing e-mail to the same effect.

DaVe- I'll help too...

lets sticky this bad boy until he sees it ;)

You got the power.......abuse your authority

:D Hey All,

If you all could answer some of these questions we'll start working on it.

1) 18 or 21 (last time was 21+)

2) Venue

3) Would you pay to get in if we had to rent the venue?

4) What day of the week?

5) DJ's (be realistic)

email me lainie@clubplanet.com

or post here your ideas.

We'll shoot for Oct. We already have had an offer from a venue but we would like to hear your ideas.

L

You can help us out - Just find a place that will hold the number of people expected to show up (I've heard 60 at one event, though maybe not all at once). If you can reserve a space, then that would be even better. I'm sure that if you talk to the manager or call them, they'll help you out.

Probably not America though, after what happened last time :)

Which is too bad because that was a nice place

(edited after seeing CCD's post)

The subject of meetups has got me thinking...

Maybe something memorial should be done for Blueangel, who was able to organize meetups like no other.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't she the pioneer of the things ?

Pseudo sounds like a good idea, but that elevator can cause major problems if people're flooding in and out.

If we had the resources and were doing a multi-board meetup, I'd even suggest renting out a venue like Irving Plaza. Then again, that's out of our league.

If we had something the size of (one level of) Centro, that'd be a good start.

Then again, it depends on what you mean by "big" meet up

I've been around for a while. Alot of you probably don't know that cuz I never used to post back when I first started designing for CP. But I'm back for round 2 and more involved this time around. And for the most part, you guys only seem 60% crazy and that's good enough for me.

Someone is gonna buy me a drink. I dunno who. But someone. :)

in my experience(Ive been to at least 10+ meetups) they are best held at restaurants, lounges, usually afterwork, like 7-11pm on a friday...

that way it gives people a chance to talk to each other and get to know one another...every time we do this, everyone usually goes to one club/lounge after, which would be perfect if CP designated a later meeting place for everyone.

When you dont know anyone and are in a club, you might get a little hesitent about going up to strangers asking if they are on CP etc...plus many people have different tastes in music/scenes here.

IMO we do a lounge/restaurant...then all go to another spot after we have gotten to know each other, and are sloshed;)

and btw..whomever said it was right...

Casey(BlueAngel) and Steve(Crystalmethod) were the ones who started CP meetups, and got all of us together in the first place, well over 2 years ago :)

and we have had over 100 people at them in the past, 12/00 at America, before 80% of this board was here we did like 95 people for dinner!!! :eek: :eek:

Guest gabo

I hope its on a saturday. I missed the last meetup cause it was on a fri. damn work.

I still cant figure out why all meetups are on a fri instead of sat.

very few people work on sat and dont have to rush to a bar after work.

1) 18 or 21 (last time was 21+) - ALL AGES!!! I want 10 year olds to be there!

2) Venue - Wbester Hall baby

3) Would you pay to get in if we had to rent the venue? - Fuck No!

4) What day of the week? - Wednesdays are best for me

5) DJ's (be realistic) - It's all about Ricky Fawkin Corbo

OK, more seriously, I kinda dig the Pseudo idea. It's all ages, we can bring in our own drinks, yadda yadda.

I also agree that Saturday is a better night than Friday. Not only doesn't anyone (usually) have work the next day, but also it can double as a pre-Arc/SF-drink-up. That way it also doesn't need to be too early, especially since most people don't head to those places until sometime between 1-6.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

There are so many new people on here that I wanna meet.......

If you need help on it, I will put the time and effort into it....but there has to be something within the next couple of months that binds all the crazy clubers together and puts faces behind all the screennames.......

yea i wanna make some new computer friends too:laugh:

BG

Originally posted by az-tec

in my experience(Ive been to at least 10+ meetups) they are best held at restaurants, lounges, usually afterwork, like 7-11pm on a friday...

that way it gives people a chance to talk to each other and get to know one another...every time we do this, everyone usually goes to one club/lounge after, which would be perfect if CP designated a later meeting place for everyone.

When you dont know anyone and are in a club, you might get a little hesitent about going up to strangers asking if they are on CP etc...plus many people have different tastes in music/scenes here.

I agree with az-tec...I went to Centro last night for the first time, and although I had a BLAST ( or 2 hehe..):devil: and :bootysha: all night long...and met a few CP friends... I thought I would meet more. I guess when you don't really know anyone on the board, it is kinda wierd to go up to EVERYONE in the club and ask if they are on the CP board!

It would be nice to actualy TALK to you people in an amosphere that allows us to actually do so...a nice louge type would be ideal, and then go PARTY all together somewhere. :beer::clap2::D

Originally posted by djjonstephen

I think Pseudo is a bad idea.....

Although I like the place, I think it is just not the spot for a meetup. A big loungy type or restaurant type is better.

Good luck finding a restaurant that will accommodate 50+ people on a friday or saturday night :aright: