Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The money booth show, @ Buzz?

candeo

Does anybody else see something conceptually wrong with watching people get into a moneybooth and try to grab free money at a 'rave' event?

Sounds like it objectifies people's greed and lust for worldly posessions rather than focusing on Peace Love Unity and Respect.

But then again, if I snagged a couple $20 bills, entertainment would be free for the evening....

I can't decide where I stand on this one!

It's a club! Have fun, watch others have fun... Club's aren't about upholding the political and social ideals (unless of course the event is specifically geared towards so "All proceeds go to..."). Plus, when I go to a club, the majority of the people aren't focusing on peace, love, unity, and respect. Realistically, most people are there to dance, have a good time, hang out with friends, do drugs, try to get laid, and the occassional asshole who can't do any of that, so he just looks for a fight to pick with someone.

So, I don't think it's any worse to do it at a club than anyplace else. If you feel like going into the booth to grab some $20s, go ahead. Or you can watch others bouce around in a glass cage. Or you don't have to. Just as long as you have fun doing whatever you do. Cause it's all about fun. And, of course, everyone knows, FUN RULES!

Guest jroo
Originally posted by velvetgoldmire

It's a club! Have fun, watch others have fun... Club's aren't about upholding the political and social ideals (unless of course the event is specifically geared towards so "All proceeds go to..."). Plus, when I go to a club, the majority of the people aren't focusing on peace, love, unity, and respect. Realistically, most people are there to dance, have a good time, hang out with friends, do drugs, try to get laid, and the occassional asshole who can't do any of that, so he just looks for a fight to pick with someone.

So, I don't think it's any worse to do it at a club than anyplace else. If you feel like going into the booth to grab some $20s, go ahead. Or you can watch others bouce around in a glass cage. Or you don't have to. Just as long as you have fun doing whatever you do. Cause it's all about fun. And, of course, everyone knows, FUN RULES!

dude, you seem to be right on with a lot of shit. i look forward to meeting you.

Originally posted by jroo

dude, you seem to be right on with a lot of shit. i look forward to meeting you.

Don't let him fool you. He's an ignorant fuck. And fuck PLUR. But the money booth thing is kinda corny.

It'd be funny if somebody too fucked up to even hold their water gets into the money booth though. Maybe they'd stop hitting themselves, and then we can all point and laugh and mug him for his $20s when he gets out!

Fuck PLUR!