Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Back from IBIZA..

too tired to type out a formal review as it could take days to finish... but here's a brief overview of the clubs:

venues: destroy anything in new york... not even close.. the venue's are ridiculous... tremendous, clean and beautiful..

sound: similar to new york, but not on the level of twilo... space's system was the closest, and while it hit hard, was not as clear as twilo's(west 27th being the precedent against which all system's are obviously compared)

lights: the rigs are better then the setups we have here... just massive amounts of fixtures.. some of the clubs could use better operators though.. mike from twilo is definetly up there w/ all these guys..

crowd: older crowd.. there too party... no dress codes yet great mix of people spiffed up and just there to get loose.. no arrigant stares like here, just big smiles and friendly people..

prices: worse then new york.. definetly the only down side... club tickets were mostly all 40+ euros.. drinks, 9 euros for a water... 13 for a drink... ridiculous..

vibe: on another level...

i'll prolly write a full review later, but for now i'm still kinda in a daze... but last 2 remarks,

SPACE is far and away the greatest club in the world

WE LOVE SUNDAYS @ SPACE is far and away the best party on the planet

there is no vibe anywhere that even comes close...

thanks guys...

dj's i caught:

pvd(unfortunately)

ashley caselle

cassius

jo mills

layo and bushwacka!

jon carter

roger sanchez

jose luis magoya

chris fortier

hernan cattaneo

erick morillo

tenaglia(twice)

fatboy slim

carl cox

and the locals(all of whom were off the meter)

carl cox destroyed space.. pure bangin techno... he had to be playing 40+ records an hour... insanity

when's everyone going out round here? havent' seen peeps in mad long...

Originally posted by cesarleo

How about DT..........did he make us proud?:D

havent' heard him like that in years...

nor have i seen him have that much fun... he was running around w/ the dancers from amnesia.. giving them his flashlights.. dancing w/ them... crazy.. i got pictures so when they're developed i'll put em up ;)

Originally posted by xpander

And how was Mr. Ashley Casselle? :)

dude, thank god he was there to make up for pvd...

casselle was sick.. best i've ever seen him... dropping mad breaks, not like when he plays here... and some good tech.. and he was so animated in the booth.. i remember being drunk outta my bird at centro a few months ago yelling up to the booth and he wouldnt' even take his eyes of the decks for a second.. at amensia he was all over the place..

i'm not sure of the name of the track, but its the last break on the hybrid kiss fm set from july 15th... first time hearing it in a club and WOW:eek: that track kicks ass.. and the entire room exploded after it built up.. soon as the track broke the light guy blasted all the lights and casselle doused everyone w/ the nitrogen system.. sweetness!!

Originally posted by PFloyd40

too tired to type out a formal review as it could take days to finish... but here's a brief overview of the clubs:

venues: destroy anything in new york... not even close.. the venue's are ridiculous... tremendous, clean and beautiful..

sound: similar to new york, but not on the level of twilo... space's system was the closest, and while it hit hard, was not as clear as twilo's(west 27th being the precedent against which all system's are obviously compared)

lights: the rigs are better then the setups we have here... just massive amounts of fixtures.. some of the clubs could use better operators though.. mike from twilo is definetly up there w/ all these guys..

crowd: older crowd.. there too party... no dress codes yet great mix of people spiffed up and just there to get loose.. no arrigant stares like here, just big smiles and friendly people..

prices: worse then new york.. definetly the only down side... club tickets were mostly all 40+ euros.. drinks, 9 euros for a water... 13 for a drink... ridiculous..

vibe: on another level...

i'll prolly write a full review later, but for now i'm still kinda in a daze... but last 2 remarks,

SPACE is far and away the greatest club in the world

WE LOVE SUNDAYS @ SPACE is far and away the best party on the planet

there is no vibe anywhere that even comes close...

hey you welcome back!!! Can't wait to see pics. :hat:

Originally posted by trancerxn112

thats and WMC lol... ur gonna be flat when we are done with u... flat broke... not flat chested i dont think thats possible... they are like 2 ripe melons... lickity plow and kaboom... (i named them)

LMAO!!! :rofl: wtf... u named my BOOBERS?! :grin: :tongue:

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARL COX AT SPACE=====MAAAAADNEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously though the trip was ridiculous....dj's playing the sax while spinning records was a sight not to be missed...

two biggest dissapointments was morillio and digweed being sick and not showing up so we caught Dt for the second time.....

no point in writing a review you gotta be there to experience what really goes on over there...

oh and speaking spanish or italian will get you sooooooo far....i speak neither which sucked ass

Originally posted by msoprano13

seriously though the trip was ridiculous....dj's playing the sax while spinning records was a sight not to be missed...

two biggest dissapointments was morillio and digweed being sick and not showing up so we caught Dt for the second time.....

no point in writing a review you gotta be there to experience what really goes on over there...

oh and speaking spanish or italian will get you sooooooo far....i speak neither which sucked ass

Yes...the sax playing with the records was NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..i cought that @ Privilege...

by the way...What happened to u..:mad:

hope you had fun..i know I did..and I know..IM DEF GOING BACK :D

Originally posted by msoprano13

Glad you boys had an awesome time! I can't wait till next March to start planning it again! Did you ever make it to Bora Bora? If you missed Bora Bora....... :eek:

Did you ever get in contact with Tomas?

Originally posted by bodynsoul

Glad you boys had an awesome time! I can't wait till next March to start planning it again! Did you ever make it to Bora Bora? If you missed Bora Bora....... :eek:

Did you ever get in contact with Tomas?

Can I Just Say..That aside from all the clubs in Ibiza...Bora Bora is the place to be ;):D