Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYC needs:

More trance and people on E...

it just makes the vibe better, and everyone is happy, and its fun...

think back to when you went to see trance djs, and everyone was rolling.... any fights? anyone saying "man, this shit sucks..." any drama? nope... E+Trance = good times all around...

Originally posted by joeg

think back to when you went to see trance djs, and everyone was rolling.... any fights? anyone saying "man, this shit sucks..." any drama? nope... E+Trance = good times all around...

i went out to a trance party last night. nice ppl (i knew all of them though), but young. i like the vibe that goes aling with trance but it's kinda boring to listen to if your not on drugs.

how about more dnb in NY? there are lots of nice ppl there. :D

Originally posted by djqwest

I'm picking up on your sarcasm.

nah, i'm actually (sorta) serious...

i'm thinkin back to good nights and stuff... and a lot of them were trance with a lot of people (usually, not even me) rolling...

everyone is just nicer, its sad, but apparently clubgoers need a mass saratonin release to be nice to one another for a few hours...

i think things would be more fun again if E gets big again, and trance is more prevelant...

i'm not a huge trance fan or anything (obviously), but i think it made for some great nights...

i'm thinkin back to good nights and stuff... and a lot of them were trance with a lot of people (usually, not even me) rolling...

everyone is just nicer, its sad, but apparently clubgoers need a mass saratonin release to be nice to one another for a few hours...

i think things would be more fun again if E gets big again, and trance is more prevelant...

i'm not a huge trance fan or anything (obviously), but i think it made for some great nights...

i hear what you are saying. try a phish show. not as much e, totally different type of music, but one of the best vibes i have ever experienced.

oh okay.... cool. I luv to drop and listen to quality trance. Just had to feel you out on this topic.

I totally agree, wishing I could turn back the hands of time to like 98-99.

we're on the same page.

No, NYC needs to have less drugs and more people who knows how to live lives properly in a metropolis. It's called how to move forward in life instead of jumping up and falling on your ass repeatedly and thinking it's a good thing.

Drugs are good, drugs are great, do it with friends, do it for fun, whatever. But USING IT to get something? It'll last about as long as that cheap high.

But you know, that's what vibe's all about...

i'd say the NYC scene just needs an overall HUGEGENGOUSLY powerful Fleet Enima...

...that should do the trick! :gas:

Originally posted by xpander

No, NYC needs to have less drugs and more people who knows how to live lives properly in a metropolis. It's called how to move forward in life instead of jumping up and falling on your ass repeatedly and thinking it's a good thing.

Drugs are good, drugs are great, do it with friends, do it for fun, whatever. But USING IT to get something? It'll last about as long as that cheap high.

But you know, that's what vibe's all about...

. . . :what: . . shhheaayyy yous don't know whta zit means to have shppecial occuracnces of shakespheare while rolling . . cosmic man cosmic . . falling away from me . . .:laugh: . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . :what: . . shhheaayyy yous don't know whta zit means to have shppecial occuracnces of shakespheare while rolling . . cosmic man cosmic . . falling away from me . . .:laugh: . . .

mike, care to elaborate on your theory of the "trance phaze" here... I think it would give insight into my statement...

Goddamn you, now I have that stupid Korn song stuck in my head... :cuss:...:laugh:

weren't you around 12 years old when trance was king?

:D

Originally posted by mjr203

weren't you around 12 years old when trance was king?

:D

probably... but I caught the tail end of it last year... and i'm sure what i caught wasn't even a fraction of what it was like in the years prior... but all i know, is what i caught was fun, and it needs to come back... :)

mike, care to elaborate on your theory of the "trance phaze" here... I think it would give insight into my statement...

. . aight . .I'll give ya one good post befoe I goes into the labs to beat the hizzzie out of the compshnizzies for a coupla hours . . .

. . . See, the way I look at it is like this: Everyone has a 'trance' phase . . Now, It doesn't necessarily need to be set to 'trance' music, but normally that's the genre or the mentality of the genre that most people listen to when they first get into 'partying' and the music in general . .

. . One of their friends is in it . . . just starting out, or been in it for a little while, and they say 'hey, gotta check this out' . . make a long story short: You go out, eat pills for the first time, have your first experience listening to beats on the big system and feel like you've found God in the form of a Strobe light and soaring Korg Prophecy crescendos . . .

. . You start partying every weekend (or sometimes more) and everything is nice and hokey in the land of fucking sunshine . . . That's the trance phase . . Everyone's happy and lovey and the music is sweet and nice . . You roll out (figuratively and literally) with the crew all the time and take stupid pictures of your eyes going in 15 directions at once while you're smiling like a tard on laughing gas . . . Dance dance dance till the sun comes up and throw your hands in the air cause the universe is swell and so are you . . . .

. . . Then that phase ends . . . And you branch out into other genres of beats, usually with a much harder and darker tone . . . The pills aren't so good anymore and neither is your brain . . . You don't quite Blow up as hard, and the people around you begin to look more and more hollow as time goes on . . . You begin to doubt all your friendships and whether or not they would survive (or really, if you'd want them to) outside the spectrum of eating drugs and getting zoooted all the time . . . The magic fades and your knowledge of the intricacies of the beats increases . . . You lament the fact that you didn't know what you know now back then and how much better back then would be with what you know now . . .

. . . So you pout in your elitist stance and talk of the 'old days' and how stupid you were and how stupid trance (or other sweet applicable genre) was, but how much more 'real' it was when you and your friends were first partying and runnin around the state looking for kicks . . . You sit there and hate on the kids that are all wide eyed and enthusiastic about beats today and how stupid they are for thinking that way, because of course! You and your buddies invented it . . . .

. . Deep down inside tho . . you realize that the source of that hate, the deep loathing of times past when everything was happy, is not due to the world changing but to you changing in it . . YOU growing up and lamenting the fact that those days are forever lost in a haze of youthfull irresponsibility . . . That those people that you called friends really shook out to be a handfull of people that you couldn't trust half of . . . and the other half are sitting right next to you on the porch staring into space wondering where it all went and fighting the urge to cry because it aint ever coming back . . .

. . . eh . . or something to that effect . . .

-Phonk :aright:

. . aight . .I'll give ya one good post befoe I goes into the labs to beat the hizzzie out of the compshnizzies for a coupla hours . . .

. . . See, the way I look at it is like this: Everyone has a 'trance' phase . . Now, It doesn't necessarily need to be set to 'trance' music, but normally that's the genre or the mentality of the genre that most people listen to when they first get into 'partying' and the music in general . .

. . One of their friends is in it . . . just starting out, or been in it for a little while, and they say 'hey, gotta check this out' . . make a long story short: You go out, eat pills for the first time, have your first experience listening to beats on the big system and feel like you've found God in the form of a Strobe light and soaring Korg Prophecy crescendos . . .

. . You start partying every weekend (or sometimes more) and everything is nice and hokey in the land of fucking sunshine . . . That's the trance phase . . Everyone's happy and lovey and the music is sweet and nice . . You roll out (figuratively and literally) with the crew all the time and take stupid pictures of your eyes going in 15 directions at once while you're smiling like a tard on laughing gas . . . Dance dance dance till the sun comes up and throw your hands in the air cause the universe is swell and so are you . . . .

. . . Then that phase ends . . . And you branch out into other genres of beats, usually with a much harder and darker tone . . . The pills aren't so good anymore and neither is your brain . . . You don't quite Blow up as hard, and the people around you begin to look more and more hollow as time goes on . . . You begin to doubt all your friendships and whether or not they would survive (or really, if you'd want them to) outside the spectrum of eating drugs and getting zoooted all the time . . . The magic fades and your knowledge of the intricacies of the beats increases . . . You lament the fact that you didn't know what you know now back then and how much better back then would be with what you know now . . .

. . . So you pout in your elitist stance and talk of the 'old days' and how stupid you were and how stupid trance (or other sweet applicable genre) was, but how much more 'real' it was when you and your friends were first partying and runnin around the state looking for kicks . . . You sit there and hate on the kids that are all wide eyed and enthusiastic about beats today and how stupid they are for thinking that way, because of course! You and your buddies invented it . . . .

. . Deep down inside tho . . you realize that the source of that hate, the deep loathing of times past when everything was happy, is not due to the world changing but to you changing in it . . YOU growing up and lamenting the fact that those days are forever lost in a haze of youthfull irresponsibility . . . That those friends that you called friends really shook out to be a handfull of people that you couldn't trust half of . . . and the other half are sitting right next to you on the porch staring into space wondering where it all went and fighting the urge to cry because it aint ever coming back . . .

and that right there, is why you are my friend mike... thats more insight than cleo the psychic...

well, that's why its good to be outta phase with things...so you don't have all those same associations with things as everyone else....sorta what we were talking about the other night phunk. i feel kinda good that i don't have the same drug / music connections as lots of other people - so i don't associate one with the other so much.

i did have that "trance phase" though - and it was partially to trance music. it was when a whole group of friends i hadn't hung out with for 4 or 5 years got into the beatz scene. i had been there all along, but i jumped on their enthusiasm (which is contagious) for about a year.

good memories

but i had years in at clubs and stuff before that so they aren't even the "good old days" for me...:)

Originally posted by barvybe

well, that's why its good to be outta phase with things...so you don't have all those same associations with things as everyone else....sorta what we were talking about the other night phunk. i feel kinda good that i don't have the same drug / music connections as lots of other people - so i don't associate one with the other so much.

i did have that "trance phase" though - and it was partially to trance music. it was when a whole group of friends i hadn't hung out with for 4 or 5 years got into the beatz scene. i had been there all along, but i jumped on their enthusiasm (which is contagious) for about a year.

good memories

but i had years in at clubs and stuff before that so they aren't even the "good old days" for me...:)

Joe: . . I try . . ;) . . .

Barvybe: . . I was actually a special case as well . . . I started listening to beats when I moved down to O-town in 91 . . I was all of 12 years old . . listening to this interesting 'techno' stuff on the radio that my friends would very soon after belittle me for listening to . . . I really never had the drug/club connection with the music before I started going out . . . I just thought it was really neato stuff to listen to . . . Then 96 came around and things changed drastically . . I fell into eating pills and got my partying 'trance phase' that many others went through . . . I loved all that cheezy (yet not cheezy enough to be pumped on 0-town radio) vocaly breaks that Orlando and CFL were known for at the time . . . Then I got older, and I got jaded from all the fast livin and fast crashin . . and started to hate what I had listened to for so long . . breaks or not . . .

. . Nowadays, I go out to enjoy the company of people most times and occasionally creep out to vinyl on a saturday night to eat some beans . . but it aint the same anymore . . . The end of the night always comes out the same for me . . .somethings missing . . .

. . . One thing I still have . . . and its something I cherish, no matter how connected to all the dirtiness that drugs embody it is, is the pre-party tremors . . . That nice and anxious feeling I get before I go out to PARTY party . . . One could say that's petty 'cause it's attributed to the fact that I know I'm gonna roll . . . But for that time, those few short hours beforehand right up 'until the moment of anticipation' before those beans kick in . . . I'm 19 and cool all over again . . .

P.S. Thanx for the info you PM'd me, I plan on implementing it this week :) . .

. . Deep down inside tho . . you realize that the source of that hate, the deep loathing of times past when everything was happy, is not due to the world changing but to you changing in it . . YOU growing up and lamenting the fact that those days are forever lost in a haze of youthfull irresponsibility . . . That those people that you called friends really shook out to be a handfull of people that you couldn't trust half of . . . and the other half are sitting right next to you on the porch staring into space wondering where it all went and fighting the urge to cry because it aint ever coming back . . .

yes indeed when it comes to bein insightful an knowledegable u are the one mikey i think that sums up my experience i was on trance tho i haven t gotten jaded yet tho i think i might be on the tail end of my phase but still gotta enjoy it while u still can right

That's more or less along the lines of what I was thinking... Yeah there were some great vibes way back when, when I first started rolling and trance was huge... but looking back on it now, I musta been really fucked up to have enjoyed listening to that crap... (*drama alert, drama alert*)

Actually my roomie and his friend were listening to trance this weekend... he's like omg, I know you're not into trance, but listen to this song (Skydive, I think), this is amazing, it takes you on such a voyage... the song ended... umm, yeah, i didn't really like that too much... Oh well...

Le trance, ce n'est pas pour moi...