Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Never underestimate the value of good headphones!

hoke

Okay... I'm not talking audiophile quality here... just good enough that you get strong output and reasonable bass.

Just traded in my POS $3 Koss earbuds for some "quality" $11 Panasonic earbuds. I used to have to turn the volume all the way up and amp the sound in Winamp to the point of distortion... now the volume's at 1/3, no amp, and Digweed never sounded better!

(at work, that is... my home system is another beast entirely...)

Anyway... it's nice how a minimal investment can pay off... :)

. . the full sized KOSS earphones . . I dunno the model, but they sell for like 20 bucks are great Bass Reflex phones that will sound nice and rich with the right amount of amplification from the mixer out . . . And they're so cheap that you can abuse the shit out of them and not worry about it . . . Same thing goes for the Sony's in that range, and they'll last quite a bit longer . .

You don't think the V600's can stand up to everyday use? I've had them for over 2 years now, no problems (despite the time they were plugged into my stereo and my ex-girlfriend jacked up the volume to the maximum and asked me "Why is the volume from your stereo speakers so low?")

:blown:

for my everyday listening pleasure I rock out with a pair of sennheiser HD 490s. Flat full size ear cups yet very light weight. I've had them for two years and abuse these fockers on a day to day basis. I paid 80 bucks then, well worth the investment. I can't do ear buds. Feel like I've got a stethoscope on.

Originally posted by hoke

You don't think the V600's can stand up to everyday use? I've had them for over 2 years now, no problems (despite the time they were plugged into my stereo and my ex-girlfriend jacked up the volume to the maximum and asked me "Why is the volume from your stereo speakers so low?")

:blown:

. . . Your ex was a moron . . . :laugh: . . :aright: . . ;) . . .

I walk around all day with a pair of Sennheiser HD-280s. Biggest headphones you ever saw. Not too powerful on the bass, but man is everything clear. These things muffles external sound like nothing else. And though I've only had them for a few months, based on the look of their construction, these things are built like tanks.

Sennheiser = Quality... No Doubt.

Originally posted by xpander

I walk around all day with a pair of Sennheiser HD-280s. Biggest headphones you ever saw. Not too powerful on the bass, but man is everything clear. These things muffles external sound like nothing else. And though I've only had them for a few months, based on the look of their construction, these things are built like tanks.