Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone else love running?!?!?!

marcid21

It's part of the neverending vicious cycle of life....we run from what could possibly be a wonderful thing and stick around for the crappy stuff....IMO..you run from potentially good situations b/c after being through so many bad ones when something gets good we are afraid it might get too good (if that makes any sense) :)

Originally posted by sweetie029

It's part of the neverending vicious cycle of life....we run from what could possibly be a wonderful thing and stick around for the crappy stuff....IMO..you run from potentially good situations b/c after being through so many bad ones when something gets good we are afraid it might get too good (if that makes any sense) :)

good answer...

Some of us don't even stick around for the crappy stuff, and have abandoned the idea all together.

I'm not exactly sure where past relationships are overlapping with present ones....I just know I can't shake this urge to constantly fade to black.

Do you think it's my sub-concious trying to make something I already know sink in? It's really frustrating....I'd really love to just sit back and enjoy the view...rather than get all worked up over this nonsense. :(

Originally posted by marcid21

Some of us don't even stick around for the crappy stuff, and have abandoned the idea all together.

I'm not exactly sure where past relationships are overlapping with present ones....I just know I can't shake this urge to constantly fade to black.

Do you think it's my sub-concious trying to make something I already know sink in? It's really frustrating....I'd really love to just sit back and enjoy the view...rather than get all worked up over this nonsense. :(

...The problem is..a lot of us THINK TOO MUCH about situations...if you do too much thinking about things going bad..how can they ever get good? If things go good you just have to let them put aside doubts and overwhelming feelings and go with the flow....If you over analyze a situation you might let a good thing pass you by

Originally posted by somebitch

i never get to any stuff........ :blown:

no really, i rarely ever find potentially wonderful situations.

Ha, I was thinking the exact same thing...

My situation is the opposite, I tend to stay in bad situations for too long...

Maybe this just isn't the time for you to be in a relationship. Maybe you have some personal issues to work on before getting involved with someone else. :confused:

we are afraid it might get too good

Can you explain what you mean by "too good?" I find it *easier* to stay in good situations because I've had bad situations and I'm relieved -- not scared -- when I find a good one...

Originally posted by hoke

Can you explain what you mean by "too good?" I find it *easier* to stay in good situations because I've had bad situations and I'm relieved -- not scared -- when I find a good one...

Simple-

When something is "too good" people can start to back off because they're afraid of becoming too attached, getting too close, opening themselves up, falling in love... and then, getting hurt...

Ultimately, setting themselves up for a fall...

Originally posted by tastyt

Simple-

When something is "too good" people can start to back off because they're afraid of becoming too attached, getting too close, opening themselves up, falling in love... and then, getting hurt...

Ultimately, setting themselves up for a fall...

Of course.

*slaps forehead*

Good point.

I guess I don't fear opening myself up like that (or rather, not much -- of course there's a little of that) because I know from experience that time heals the wounds and you come out of it a wiser, stronger person. That's my attitude about it, anyway.

It really does depend on the situation for me...I stayed w/ my ex too long and got too involved when I knew that we weren't a forever couple...but at times yes, I do bail out before seeing a "relationship" through. But that's usually b/c I see signs of it not working already...maybe it would have been better, in some situations, to stick things out for a lil longer, but I think I've made mostly good decisions. I have a really good sense of self & whom I like, and if it's not clicking...

If, however, you are scared that things are too good to be true, don't give that up...the feeling of complete and utter fear will probably pass ;)

NEW YORK, New York (CNN) -- Terrorists have struck again, hijacking one of Clubplanet's most meaningful threads this afternoon, our news source reported Wednesday afternoon.

This hijacking comes on the heels of a number of disturbing postwhore incidents that fragmented the Clubplanet community and prompted fears of future attacks.

Those fears have "now become a reality," spokesperson DaVe said in a press conference late Wednesday.

DaVe spoke in a firm tone, stating that he took the hijacking very seriously.

"We will track down the hijackers and get them wherever they hide," he added.

President Bush was not available for comment.