Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: LA Board

vicman

woohoo!!! forgive me if i'm just staring at my monitor not knowing what to do with it.....

hell yea this board needs to do some major recruiting!!!! us three amigos met up last night. am wondering if lostin310 showed up for work this morning. he snuck out a little early last night! :D weyes took a pic, so maybe that will get posted on the board for all to see.

armin tore up the house!!!! i was somewhat disappointed that the mayan wasn't as packed as i thought it would be.

yeah, thats what everyone says about AvB that he's cute and all of that...i used to be into trance alot a few years back, but even though i'm more into tribal and progressive house and techno i still like trance.

AvB is a resident at Glow in DC. I havnet been to glow in a long time, basically 'cos i goit a bit fed up with the whole scene tyhere..dress code, pushy bouncers, etc...

hmmm..hmmmm..hmmmmm.hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...i'm thinking about it

Originally posted by gemerald

woohoo!!! forgive me if i'm just staring at my monitor not knowing what to do with it.....

hell yea this board needs to do some major recruiting!!!! us three amigos met up last night. am wondering if lostin310 showed up for work this morning. he snuck out a little early last night! :D weyes took a pic, so maybe that will get posted on the board for all to see.

armin tore up the house!!!! i was somewhat disappointed that the mayan wasn't as packed as i thought it would be.

*YAWN* I must be getting old... Out of there by 3:00 and still didn't finally get to work until 12:30!

I don't dole out praise to DJ's lightly, especially when they have big names, because my expectations are so high. I must say though, AvB is pretty fucking good. His mixes weren't on the same level as PvD (who is the worlds best trance DJ IMNSHO), but he did a very respectable job of keeping the intensity up when he intended too and not letting tracks run to long, which drives me insane (I bore easily). He dropped a few more anthems and vocal tracks then I like to hear... But that didn't matter, I didn't even really get a chance to chill with Weyes because I couldn't stop dancing! Okay, let me preface this by saying I'm straight, but AvB is hot. Also, unlike the Sasha and Digweeds of the world he has a really good energy and really connected with the crowd. I love DJ's that bounce around and throw their hands in their air like Tiesto.

There are only a handful of DJ's that I'd go out of my way to see, but avb has just been added to that list.

Originally posted by lostin310

Okay, let me preface this by saying I'm straight, but AvB is hot.

dont worry dude, you can stay in the closet all you want :D :D

i'm joking...anyway, i've seen some pics from glow when hes been there...looks like he's eye candy :D

well, doodoocaca; i found those kids too late :no: . i was standing at a table with my omniscient friend (who more than deserved that title last night), half-dancing, when i saw a guy in light grey pants and a black tank top going bugnuts on the dancefloor :spin2: . holy crap, lostin310 was amped :D ! i only got about three words with gemerald and lostin310 was really connecting with avb, so our meetup was just a meeting, really. but a meeting, finally :aright: !

well, avb has a nice smile and looks like he must be a very nice guy, but not my type - even though i don't have one. too dutch or something? the only blonde i've ever liked is steve mcqueen :D .

and the music last night was better than i was expecting, but i liked the opening djs more than i liked armin. john do, in particular, if i recall correctly, but having eaten only oatmeal and fritos all day before going out contributed greatly to my rapid FUBARation. and i finally got to hear "shiny disco balls" for the first time!

there were these two pumped-up jokers there dressed alike: matching shorts, matching football jerseys (but with different names on the backs), and matching furry fishermen's hats. it's bad enough when parents dress their kids alike; why would grown men do this? i was laughing about these guys (and i don't laugh at people, because i'm generally not judgmental, but this really was ridiculous :laugh2: ) when my omniscient friend pointed out that the names on the backs of their shirts were their screennames, and that they're big snobs on another board. i had no idea...

after the party i went with my 2 friends to one of their places in orange and played music (and a game of sorry!) till we finally fell for a snooze after noon sometime. i took the train back to l.a. and got home around 6. good friends, good times :D .

Originally posted by weyes

well, avb has a nice smile and looks like he must be a very nice guy, but not my type - even though i don't have one. too dutch or something? the only blonde i've ever liked is steve mcqueen :D .

Ahem Ahem ;)

there were these two pumped-up jokers there dressed alike: matching shorts, matching football jerseys (but with different names on the backs), and matching furry fishermen's hats. it's bad enough when parents dress their kids alike; why would grown men do this? i was laughing about these guys (and i don't laugh at people, because i'm generally not judgmental, but this really was ridiculous :laugh2: ) when my omniscient friend pointed out that the names on the backs of their shirts were their screennames, and that they're big snobs on another board. i had no idea...

Damn, that sounds funny. There's always a weirdo or 2, but 2 guys dressed SO alike! :laugh: :laugh:

Glad to hear you all had a great time. Like vicman said, im more into tribal/progressive, but shit, i'll reserve some groove time for a good trance DJ anytime :D

Originally posted by gmccookny

Ahem Ahem ;)

:worry: sorry... well, you don't count - you look blue to me ;):laugh: ... besides, gmc, we didn't spend enough time together for you to work your magic :D:rofl: !

i developed my film and some pics are ok; well, you know, they're party pics from a disposable, taken by people who were not that with it, so they are what they are. i just wish that, someday, someone will take a decent picture of me dancing :no: . the pic of the three of us is ok; i'll post that. i just have to scan everything.

p.s. gemerald, how tall are you?

Originally posted by gmccookny

Damn, that sounds funny. There's always a weirdo or 2, but 2 guys dressed SO alike! :laugh: :laugh:

o, and my friend says that they usually come dressed in matching (brand name omitted here) track suits and call themselves "pimps."

Originally posted by weyes

well, doodoocaca; i found those kids too late :no: . i was standing at a table with my omniscient friend (who more than deserved that title last night), half-dancing, when i saw a guy in light grey pants and a black tank top going bugnuts on the dancefloor :spin2: . holy crap, lostin310 was amped :D ! i only got about three words with gemerald and lostin310 was really connecting with avb, so our meetup was just a meeting, really. but a meeting, finally :aright: !

Turns out Absinthe and Red Bull is a good combo for clubbing! I guess I was pretty amped...

Originally posted by vicman

whoa, hold up dude, where the fuck you get absinthe?

Good 'ole Spain... Shipped a bunch back home when I was there last month. We earned it though, literally spent the *entire* day making it happen, and barely made it for our train down to Valencia (which would have sucked because we would have missed PvD & Tiesto in Ibiza! :eek: )

if you wanna fuck your shit up in a major way, there's always everclear (190 proof :eek: ), but that was illegal in new york last time i checked. it's legal in california and new jersey, though. it's possible to do some insane shit involving weed and everclear that'll make an insane brew that totally makes one do this :jawdrop: and :drunk: ...