Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ FX @ Level

digital7

man-o-man, what a set felipe dropped down at level ... it was the best that I've seen him .. totally eclectic ... breakz, house, big beat, scratching, sampling and best of all relentless!

nice pick-up the Pimp DJ's did IMO, he'll do them proud that's for sure ... he's a quality talent

Purpleindigo - where the hell where you man? you missed his whole set ? :rolleyes:

Dude...thanks for coming Danny!!! I had a blast last night!!!

Here's my take on the night as posted on the board at Hallucination:

==========================================

What a night...I was quite a bit bewildered as to the state of the room upon entering it at 10PM. The first DJ (St. John) was testing everything out and the sound was just a step up from a boombox...the levels were extremely low and the speaker sounded crackley and blown out. I was sweatin' a really sub-par situation. I managed to find an old rack box and a big ass cushion to place the extra deck I brought and was pretty iffy as to how that would work out. So St. john played for about an hour and a half...I was scouring the whole club looking for my mates and finally found my old roommate Linda downstairs. i explained to her where I was to play and headed back up to begin my set early. Important to note that throughout St. John's set, the sound never improved! So, after he finished, Mike "The Human Beatbox" came on for a 2 minute stint and I threw down some scratch samples over the top of it. It was a cool little improv type thing...by this time , more and more people started coming in.

As I put on my first track...I said, "Fuck it!!!"...maxed out the Master, gain, and line levels on the mixer and pulled the bass all the way down (Cause the one sub cabinet was actually working properly and overpowering the other two speakers handling the mids and highs) and much to my pleasant surprise, the speakers held its own!!! I opened up the set with "Song to the Siren" by the Chemical Brothers....Sean immediately started going off with his "WWWWHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTT????!!!!!!!!!!!" and let that ride out into "Three Little Birdies Down Beats". As a further continuation of a lil' tribute to tracks I know Sean will bust a nut over, I played a track that came in that day in the mail....Uberzone - "The Brain"...and on and on and on we went. The room filled...mostly friends of mine that showed up from West Palm to Miami...and the place quickly reached a perfect capacity! I played a solid mixture of old and new breakbeat selections which, track after track, seemed to tickle the audience's fancy!!!

The situation on the decks was a DJ's worst nightmare...no bass coming through on the headphones, blown monitor, etc.etc.etc....

All In all, the mixes were pretty good....let one slip though but I think we all let that one slide. The highlight though was the third to last track...Rabbit in the Moon - "Deeper" (FX's Mix for the Millenium)...This is a track I've been working on for a lil' bit, and put together as a sort of peak hour type of slammin' track...and let's just say it definately did its job...amidst the caliber of tracks I played all night, I was so happy to see the reaction from everybody when that one was dropped.

Mad props to everyone that came out, and to those that weren't able to come...your spirits were DEFINATELY with us last night, because the energy and the vibe in that lil' nugget of goodness in that club raised the roof!!!

===========================================

Big props to Pimp DJ's for having the faith and vision in giving me the opportunity to flex my muscles on the decks and furthermore making me a permanent addition to their roster...you've made me feel as though I am in the company of people that know what respect and courage are all about!!! LET'S DO THIS!!!

Till next month

Peace,

FX

This boy is of ther fucking hook!!!

The whole night was amazing, both rooms, both the Drum & Bass downstairs and the breaks up was incredible.

St John - top selection of big beat - perfect early set!

Third School Collective - as always quality DnB and lots of it!!

The sound system in the top room was a feeble attempt, but that didn't stop the Dj's rocking the roof off Level.

Digital, I was there!! Man - we miss each other every time.

Meng - good to see you out - full reprezentin'

and FX - I can not belive nobody has picked this guy up. He really is an amzing DJ. Big loss to everyone that has snubbed him.

Also, top sets from the Orlando boys, first time out of the bedroom and both dropped great sets!!

Overall - everyone I spoke to had an amazing night, and seemed to be amazingly trashed!!

I would like to thank:

DJ FX

Saint John

Sense & Kemikal J

Mike the Beatbox

Severina

Engineer

Enemy by Day

Dystopia

Phatdak

My Wife- Adriana

and everyone who cam out and made this an incredible night!!

4 weeks till the next one!!!