Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where were you 09/11/01?

On the morning of september 11 I was waiting for my daughter to leave off for school when i heard an loud crash not sure what it was so i kept doing things around the house i had the t.v on and the show was interupted with a breaking news report that a plane had stuck the wtc i thought it was an accident so my daughter got picked up and i continued watching the news when the second tower was struck on the news and when the plane hit the building i heard the crash thats when i realized 2 things i realized the loud crash i heard the first time was the first plane and i knew it wasnt an accident i knew it was terroist so i called my mother and told her to leave work being that she works for the goverment i didn't know what was going to happen next i started panic b/c now my daughter is now on her way school her father came to get her and his cell phone was down so i couldn't tell him to bring her back all the school lines were busy i have a cousin who works in wtc so my family was looking for her (later we found out she was late for work and stop for a coffe so when she came out of the deli the first plane hit the building so she just ran towards the 59 st bridge)then my family started worrying about my uncle whose a cop he (also so fine)living here in brooklyn all of my neighbors got on ther roofs and watch the towers fall.i had nightmares for a couple of days the smell of burning flesh and ashes coverd my neighbor.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we were in a staff meeting trying to contact an organizer who was at the duane reade in the bottom of the towers. we found out she was ok and turned on the tv. Some of us went to get food and we spent the rest of the morning on 6th ave in 12th crying and praying for the victims and their families. i never saw any thing like it and hope to never see any thing like it again. :(

Originally posted by usmc81

:mad: Well i was in Parris Island, SC i was at work all of a suddent we heard the word that the towers were hit. Ummmm what really suxs its that im still here. Well all i did was to try to get in touch with my parents back in NY. All i remember was receiving a calls later on my cellie went dead, when i got it back alive i had a million voicemails. As of now im still mad about the fact that i cant do anything about it but wait..............;)

Parris Island hu, nice place to be stationed. Spent some good times around that area......:smile2:

Just getting out of a staff meeting in Tysons Corner VA at citigroup when someone ran in and annouced the "accident" of an airplane hitting the first one..the rest be damned to those who did it. O had worked/trained at Morgan Stanley 71st floor a year previous and had a great presence of friends there...they were all luckier.

My current roomates saw the second plane fly over their building (Citigroup Bldg..Big red umbrella) and had the horrible experience of looking out the window only to see people jumping. I can't imagine what they live with.

As a side note, I remember, being of that part of the world and having numerous colleagues of the same origin, that we were fucked for as long as we could think because deep down we knew then and there it was too much of a coincidence and the bloody radicals had fucked us all who call that religion ours, again. We questioned our beliefs and how could possibly someone of the same faith act like that...we were by 10am resigned to believe that we were gonna be screwed in this country even tho being born and raised here as it were us. Not enough has been said about the greatness of the American people, wherever their roots are, to look at the facts as they are and not to screw all because of the few..we all feared for ourselves.....Thanks.

I don't miss the buildings, I miss for what it meant and inspired us too.

Much condolences and best wishes to those who lost someone special...everything else is insignificant to your plight.

Originally posted by donstyles

Parris Island hu, nice place to be stationed. Spent some good times around that area......:smile2:

:D Ahhhhh beautiful ain't it down here yeahhhhhh ok it's boring. The only good thing is that im near FL, ATL, and other hot spots but im far from NYC........................:hat:

I was in my car driving my boyfriend to work (he works on Liberty Street in the city which is a few blocks away from the WTC)

I was listening to Howard Stern...

Someone from Howards show yells to him on air "A plane just hit the WTC"

...Of course at first I thought it was a Dumb Joke that Howard was playing...

But then he looked out the window and said..."Oh God yes its true..."

I put 1010 wins on and I hear that another plane hit...

I knew from when the 1st plane hit it was a terrorist attack...

My boyfriend denied it...

...I look out my window as I was underneath the Gowanas/BQE Expressway and I see...."the Tower with a Huge hole in it with fire and smoke coming out of it...

...it was definetely one of the most scariest images I have ever seen...

...there were white printer papers flying in the air everywhere...

...so we get at a payphone and he calls his job & nobody answers...

...as I was drivining there was a Cop driving behind me...Through my rearview mirror I was watching him....and I will NEVER forget the agony that was painted on his face...he was in complete panic...he was banging his stearing wheel...trying to pass all these cars that were stopped in traffic... and trying to maneauver his way around this chaos...

I quickly made a U-Turn and went back toward my house and decided I needed to eat something becuz I felt faint...

...So we went to the McDonalds near my house...

...as we walk in, this women rushes in and starts telling one of the workers that the 1st building has collapsed...

...she was speaking so fast and was short of breath...

...minutes later someone says the SECOND tower has COLLAPED!

...I rush home cuz now I'm freakin out thinking that THIS IS IT...The end of the WORLD has COME...

...Meanwhile my boyfriends brother was on the PATH train to the WORLD TRADE CENTER!!!! so we havent heard from him...my best friend works ACROSS the street from WTC...havent heard from her...

...I get home call my sister...woke her up...

she had NO clue what happened...she starts freaking out...

...I lock myself in the bathroom...light up a cigarette and open up the window...

...I remember hearing roaring sounds weaving through the air...sirens taking over the sounds of birds...and I cried...and cried...and cried...

...We get the phone call like around 3pm from his brother..he was fine...he was stuck on the path train for hours and because he was late to work that day he SURVIVED...

...My best friend rings my doorbell @ around 4pm...she was a mess...Crying...barely could speak...bleeding on her ankle...

she was across the street when the 2nd plane hit...

...she felt the HEAT from the explosion and saw people jumping from the Towers...she was dodging depris falling from the sky...

...all she did was RUN...RUN....RUN...she got trampled by people and got knocked down about 10 ft from where she was running... she lost one of her sneakers and ran HOME to BROOKLYN over the Bridge with one Sneaker on...

...I find out the next day...

...My ex-boyfriend of 3 years...was a firefighter...was missing...

...he was 25 years old, and this was the second fire he had ever fought...