Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you think of the vendors at Ground Zero?

hoke

I refued to buy anything having to do with 9-11 due to the fact that people are using the falling of the owers to make money... I think that its sooo horrible. I did buy a shirt that one of he nurses at work was selling. I bought it b/c it was going to families from the hopital who lost a loved one that day.

That website is horrible but so true.. people are fucked up!!!!

Originally posted by bebby6919

That website is horrible.. I really hope that its a joke. I am definitly not one of the 100,000 people estimated to attend the first 2 weeks of opening.. Acually I would never attend... Even if its a joke, how could you make an amusement park out of where ground zero..:confused::blown:

The site is a joke... it's a satire... it's intended to draw attention to the way people are treating 9/11 like a money-making opportunity.

Originally posted by hoke

The site is a joke... it's a satire... it's intended to draw attention to the way people are treating 9/11 like a money-making opportunity.

I know.. I realized that and edited my post before anyone would quote me or read it... too late huh.. lol

Hate those damn vendors...I work a block away from The Pit and all those damn tourists are in my way when I'm going in to work, out for coffee, or going home. Wonder how they's like it if I visited their homes/work/parent's gravesites and walk slowly, gawking the whole time.

Even though i could have NUMEROUS times, i have never gone to the pit. I have too much respect for the people living around it and the people who died there, to go and stare at a hole in the ground as if i'm some explorer looking at the ruin of some ancient city.

Others may differ in their intentions, but the only place i visit ground zero is in my prayers.

living on staten island and working off wall street, i have to pass by this scene of tourists snapping pictures and vendors selling ground zero stuff on a daily basis. I used to be really pissed off every day, but i think its kind of worn me down now, being that there's nothing i can really do to stop them from doing this. But sometimes i see a real asshole that i'd love to punch the shit out of, like guys directly across the street from the area selling magnets and pins with a picture of the towers burning right on it..anyone wanna grab a table and flip it over with me?

joe