Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Albany, Ny...........ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

jaysea

Hi, lol

i was gonna post this last thursday, but i was to pissy, so im gonna post it now, i was in albany, visiting some friends and shit, and they told me the only decent place to go out on a wed night was this place called Power Company, .......lol

so i went and let me tell you, i have never seen, so many fucked up, retarted people dancing to CHER, and the Venga boy's in my entire life!!.....i mean take webster hall, shrink it, and make it 100 times more shitty....and u have POWER COMPANY, lol

i was just shocked, because i guess its like the only gay bar in the area, and it was very scarey

35yr olds chilling wit 16yr olds in dark corner's and little bitches thinking there the shit, cause they live in albany, with there "im From albany, but im in a NYC state of mind Attitudes" LOL

i feel so bad for my friend jay who lives down there, i keep telling him to move back to NY, but hes stuck untill he pays of his loan, i feel bad for this kid........Albany.........sucks

LOL

anyone ever been?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Albany now and it ain't so bad. I lived in Manhattan for 3 years and now I'm back up here lookin for work. The good thing about Alb is that it's cheap and only 2 hours from NYC. So when I need to hear some Tenaglia, I hop on a train and I'm there. There's a new spot, Mad River, in Albany opening a 3rd floor dance area. Hopefully they let me dj there so I can educate the dumb ass kids here on what real dance music is. We'll see.

Albany is what it is, a college bar town. There is only one real club in the area Sneaky Pete's. It ain't that bad, actually better than some clubs I've been to in the city. The Power Company is pretty bad though. You def. saw a bad side to Albany. They get a few NYC dj's at Sneaky Pete's. JP and Johnny Vicious play there about every other month. Russ Reign is a monthly resident there now too. HE blew the place up last Saturday. They've also had Skribbles and DeVito there. I know they aren't the best, but it's better than nothing. Don't try to compare Albany to NYC. It's not. You can have fun here, you just got sent to the wrong place. We're so lucky we're even getting Tony Draper here!! (I think the flyer said next Saturday). Beggers can't be choosers. And yes the best part is that if I need a real club experience I can travel 3 hours and go to NYC, Montreal or Boston. That gives me alot of options to see the dj's I really want to see. Next time you're coming up let me know and hopefully I can show you a better side to this town.

Actually im coming up later tonight, and staying for a week or so to visit wit my friend's up there....all are from Ny but are lving there Because they have a fucking sick as apt, with fireplace, and all this space, and they pay like a a third of what i pay,

it is cheap there,

i give them that....and i went to mad river> by the way) lol

Drinks were good, it was a cool little bar

and iv been to sneaky's> also.......

1 thing that i forgot to mention was at power comapny, after like 1:30......the music switched, and it was REALLY REALLY good

the crowd just killed it....

kevin Phych......or something? not to sure, my friend jay is friends wit a friend of him, or something, that's why they went to kinda show there support, and to be honest he was preaty good, the place just killed me.....

i guess sat, were gonna go to lark fest> Never been...lol

my friends say its like a Drunken, Day Party...with bad music, and cheap bear, and the Streets are packed with vendor's n shit, so im up for it, i just cant drink tho, but ill be smokin. lol

Meetup?

JaySea<<

I'm from the Albany area, and like everyone said, the only place that is decent is Sneaky Petes. The owner of the place is cool as hell, as he is an Elvis impersonator and walks around shining a flash light up girls skirts. I personally never went out to anything related to Lark street (the gay district of Albany) because it wasn't what i was looking for. I don't know if they're still doing the alive @ 5 thing, but it is basically a cheap way to get drunk, and see some decent bands in the area.

Originally posted by pumavisor808

Albany is what it is, a college bar town. There is only one real club in the area Sneaky Pete's. It ain't that bad, actually better than some clubs I've been to in the city. The Power Company is pretty bad though. You def. saw a bad side to Albany. They get a few NYC dj's at Sneaky Pete's. JP and Johnny Vicious play there about every other month. Russ Reign is a monthly resident there now too. HE blew the place up last Saturday. They've also had Skribbles and DeVito there. I know they aren't the best, but it's better than nothing. Don't try to compare Albany to NYC. It's not. You can have fun here, you just got sent to the wrong place. We're so lucky we're even getting Tony Draper here!! (I think the flyer said next Saturday). Beggers can't be choosers. And yes the best part is that if I need a real club experience I can travel 3 hours and go to NYC, Montreal or Boston. That gives me alot of options to see the dj's I really want to see. Next time you're coming up let me know and hopefully I can show you a better side to this town.

Ya what you said!

Im up here too...Its no NYC but not too many places are:)

If there is going to be an Albany meetup it should be a weekend when there is something going on at Sneakys. I think its the first and third Saturday of every month that it's strictly house music up here. One Saturday it's Russ and the next it's another guest DJ. Or maybe we should all just go to the city instead!