Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The United States of America & Suicide Bombing?

I have a serious fear that our country will become like Israel and some parts of the Middle East, where suicide bombings are a daily occurance, and just part of life.

I seriously imagine someone walking through Penn Station or Grand Central with explosives in their backpack, and blowing a few people away. I see the K-9 police units stationed in these areas, but really, what the hell are they going to do? They'll be blown to pieces too!

What if I'm on the bus, the Q13 or M34, or B43 and someone blows us to smithereens?

What if this happens on a subway?

What if I'm walking down the street, and someone decides to detonate their backpack in a crowd of people?

Or I'm sitting in Starbucks, and the guy next to me yells some fanatical religious mumbo jumbo then blows himself up?

Someone comfort me, and tell me this will never happen here, and everything will be ok....

Am I the only one that feels this way? Should I be on anxiety medication, like Paxil?

i think the united states will become something right out of the george orwell book 1984...military police patrolling neighborhoods, bugging people, air raids, and all that shit...

i think our generation has had it pretty easy compared to those who lived during world war II, and other wars...

on a side note, i think bush is going to seriously fuck the country and its reputation in the world before he leaves office...

Hey Yvonne

Considering that post # was 666 on your post count, we're all screwed.... lol

Nah seriously, don't fret... us New Yorkers and Americans have a resolve I think that is unimaginable. Coupled with the fact we do have a lot of resources and manpower, I think a concentrated effort will keep crimes like this from happening...

I mean, has there been anything happen yet since the towers aside anthrax which is still unconfirmed? Yet in the middle east bombings are constant... I think they just dont have the power here that they do there.

Don't live in fear, just keep on doing your own thing.

i don't think so. it might happen once in a while, but not as often as in israel......it's not as easy to get people in here as it is in the palestine where most people support such actions, and they live within miles of the targets. the support network there is orders of magnitude larger.

Beauty, IMHO you are asking the wrong questions.

In light of the fact that we are *all* going to die someday, perhaps the question you should ask is:

"What if, when I do die, I look back and see that I was frozen with fear, and didn't take risks, and didn't live life to its fullest?"

Some things will never be OK. That's just the way life is. Don't look for someone to "make it all better" because some things just don' t get better.

And some things... well, some things will be ok, some will be great and some will be amazing! It is the balance and range of life that "makes it ok". Highs, lows, and everywhere in between, I hope you learn to enjoy it all.

:)

<wannabe fades back into the woodwork where she belongs>

Originally posted by wannabeclubchk

Beauty, IMHO you are asking the wrong questions.

In light of the fact that we are *all* going to die someday, perhaps the question you should ask is:

"What if, when I do die, I look back and see that I was frozen with fear, and didn't take risks, and didn't live life to its fullest?"

Some things will never be OK. That's just the way life is. Don't look for someone to "make it all better" because some things just don' t get better.

And some things... well, some things will be ok, some will be great and some will be amazing! It is the balance and range of life that "makes it ok". Highs, lows, and everywhere in between, I hope you learn to enjoy it all.

:)

<wannabe fades back into the woodwork where she belongs>

Hey you! Where you been? Drop me an IM or email!

lol

I think most of you are misunderstanding what I mean.

Obviously I have a life to live. I have to get my ass out of bed each morning and go to work. I have a life, friends and family, I am living my life the best way I can.

I just want to know if anyone else feels this way. Do you walk down the street, or through a crowd and contemplate these things? Do they even cross your mind?

Aren't you afraid of these things happening? Do you think it's even plausible?

Originally posted by beautious1

Obviously I have a life to live. I have to get my ass out of bed each morning and go to work. I have a life, friends and family, I am living my life the best way I can.

I just want to know if anyone else feels this way. Do you walk down the street, or through a crowd and contemplate these things? Do they even cross your mind?

The possibility is greater then before, but I do not think we will slide into a military chaos of a maelstrom like that in Palestine and Israel.

I've thought about it sure, I thought about it today on the subway.

Originally posted by beautious1

NO ! I worry more about the reality of dying in a car accident than getting killed by a bomb.