Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I...

joeg

I spend a lot of time in the early hours of the morning (or late hours of the night... depending on your perspective) thinking... trying to reason with my head... almost having all-out arguments/debates with my own mind about various things from various perspectives...

I'm not sure if this is a productive thing that will lead to self improvement... or if its something that will lead me to insanity (if i'm not already there...) I can honestly say in the past, its had some negatives and some positives...

i think everyone must do this to some degree... (correct me if i'm wrong, here)... but I have a feeling I do it a lot more than others (or maybe a lot more than is healthy.... or then again, maybe its an advantage that i have... who knows)

all i know... is insomnia is a motherfucker, and its just a catalyst to my already overactive mind(s)...

questions/comments/theories/opinions/useless babble? anyone??

I do the same thing! Except I do it during all of my classes, I feel like I have zero attention span this semester. As I sit there, when i SHOULD be paying attention to my professors, my mind begins to drift away and I start thinking of crazy things, pondering life and all this shit. I feel like I'm going to give myself anxiety attacks during class sometimes. No matter how hard I try, I can't focus and my mind goes into overdrive. I guess it will be healthy when I can eventually produce some thoughts that are self-satisfying, bringing me to a happy medium of where my life is currently going at the moment.

yeah, i've come to some realizations doing this... but i notice i've come to a lot of deadends... where i can't find a clearcut thought on something... where both sides of my mind are at a stalement in their campaign to be the solution...

i also find myself comparaing myself, to me... but in the past... not like... yesterday or 3 months ago... but different periods in my life...

even with little things... for instance, as stupid as this sounds... i used to be a rediculous video game freak... (yeah, insomnia has always been a part of my history)... so in the wee hours of the morning, before i was of age to club, and before i entered this community... i used to play online games... (i had like every game that came out in the years prior to my getting a job 2 years ago...) so last week, i installed a game i hadn't played in 2 years... as i started playing again... i was filled with a sense of relief as after a day or 2, i was still capable of some of the rediculous skills i used to have with games...

now, this isn't really about video games... the relief stemmed from the fact that my mind still possesed the attributes that allow me to excel in those games... maybe i'm just paranoid about my brain... but i always wonder if you lose skills over time, especially if they go unused...

i have a theory that somethings are just built into you... now... i'm not saying "video games" are built into me... i'm saying, that the way my mind works, certain abilities are built into me and the way i learn and react that make me good at video games (in this particular instance, first person shooters)... and i wonder what else i can apply those attributes to that might be more productive...

this is just a example... but things like this go through my mind constantly... anyone else?

YOU KNOW WHAT I THOUGHT?I HAD THOSE SHIT TOO.

I WAS IN SCHOOL AND I GOTTA PAY ATTENTION AND SHIT BUT INSTEAD OF THAT IM ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT LIFE,NATURAL SELECTION(LOLOL),AND WHY R PPL'S LIFE IS SO MISERABLE SOMETIMES AND WHY ARE THERE WAYS OR LAWS AND ALL THOSE FUCKIN SHIT.AND THIS IS IS THE CONCLUSION ABOUT ALL THIS LIFE AND OTHER BS.JUST HAVE THE MOST FUN YOU CAN OUT OF YOUR LIFE .I THINK WE ALL LUCK WE EVEN HAVE LIVES.AT LEAST UNTILL NOW HERE I AM WRITING ABOUT THIS.LIFE ONLE COME ONCE I THINK.WE DONT KNOW WHATS GON COME AFTER THAT.THINK ABOUT IT .WHAT DOES "HAPPY"MEAN?FEW SMILES?

I HAD THIS ONE MOMMENT THAT I WAS REALLY HAPPY JUST SO HAPPY THAT YOU WANNA BE LIKE THAT AT LEAST FOR A DAY AND KEEP SMILIN FOR NO REASONS AND FEEL LIKE I COULD DO ANYTHING.IT WAS ON SUNDAY.I CAME HOME AFTER THE CURCH.I WAS JUSST SO HAPPY FOR NO REASON I WAS SO HAPPY THAT I GOT THIS GIFT CALLED"LIFE".ANYWAY I THINK LIFE IS NOT THAT MISERABLE.THERE ARE GOING TO BE MOMMENTS WHERE WE ARE GOING TO HATE BUT STILL CAN GO THROUGH IT.

ITS LIKE THIS WHEN WE ARE IN FRESHMAN IN HIGHSCHOOL WE WOULD THINK ITS GON TAKE US FOREVER TO GRADUATE BUT NO.

YOU KNOW WHAT HELPS US GO THROUGH 4YRS?BAD TIMES AND SOME HAPPY TIMES BUT MOST OF IT BAD TIMES AND WE WOULD EVEN LAUGH ABOUT AFTER 4YRS OF HIGHSCHOOL OR WE WOULD BE PROUD OF OUR SELVES.ANWAY IM GOING TO STOP LECTURING

JUST HAVE FUN.WE'LL GET THROUGH IT.AND MEET MOST PPL AS YOU CAN.WHETHER THEY GOT GOOD OR BAD PERSONALITIES.

P.S:WHEN I HAD THOSE THOUGHTS I THOUGHT IM THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS THOUGHTS.I AM STILL HAVIN THOUGHTS BUT ITS LIKE THIS IM YOUNG,MAYBE NOT DUMB OR MAYBE AND FULL OF FUN

AND YO I THINK IM THE YOUNGEST PERSON HERE I BORN IN 85

LOL

THANKS

BYE

born in 83 ;)

i'm not sayin these thoughts are bad, or that i'm miserable or anything... i'm just saying that i have them a lot... and it makes me think about a lot of things which is for better and for worse...

i wonder if at some point this thought process will provide me with an original idea (forgive the plot theft from 'a beautiful mind', lol)... no, but i honestly think there has to be something to come of all this...

I mean, I'm up more hours a day than normal people, i think a lot about a lot of things, with all this time and brainwork, you'd think i would be able to come up with something useful, right???

YES I UNDERSTAND YOU.FOR THOSE PPL WHO ARE LIKE US.

THINKING A LOT AND HAS INSOMNIA .IN SOME WAYS IT BENEFITS US.BUT I DOUBT THAT THERE WILL BE BAD THINGS ABOUT IT

YOU EVER SAW THAT INSOMNIA MOVIE?

LOL

:laugh: :laugh:

I KNOW ITS NOT MISERABLE OR SOMETHING

BUT IT IS SOMETIMES MISERABLE WHEN WE TRY TO THINK OF SOMETHING AND THAN THAT LIFE SHIT COMES OUTTA NO WHERE AND FEW MINUTES LATER WE FORGET WAHT WE WANTED TO THINK ABOUT.

if you're worried that you'll lose certain 'mental' abilities, just be sure to keep practicing them... and even if you do lose some of your skill in certain areas, your raw intellect probably enables you to redevelop them and/or develop new ones, if you try hard enough.

sometimes i feel like i can't stop thinking, but my thinking is scattered-- ideas flood my mind, but i find it hard to organize them into managable systems of thought. that's why i feel i never come up with any "useful or worthy" ideas; my thoughts aren't cohesive enough for me to pin them down and make something of them.

Originally posted by wideskies

ideas flood my mind, but i find it hard to organize them into managable systems of thought. that's why i feel i never come up with any "useful or worthy" ideas; my thoughts aren't cohesive enough for me to pin them down and make something of them.

music helps me organize my thoughts... not sure how... i have a theory on it, but its long and drawn out, and i came up with it while i was rolling... lol... (i left myself a voicemail with it, just to make sure i didn't forget it... :laugh: )

Originally posted by wideskies

sometimes i feel like i can't stop thinking, but my thinking is scattered-- ideas flood my mind, but i find it hard to organize them into managable systems of thought. that's why i feel i never come up with any "useful or worthy" ideas; my thoughts aren't cohesive enough for me to pin them down and make something of them.

Join the club! *high five*

Originally posted by joeg

I spend a lot of time in the early hours of the morning (or late hours of the night... depending on your perspective) thinking... trying to reason with my head... almost having all-out arguments/debates with my own mind about various things from various perspectives...

I'm not sure if this is a productive thing that will lead to self improvement... or if its something that will lead me to insanity (if i'm not already there...) I can honestly say in the past, its had some negatives and some positives...

i think everyone must do this to some degree... (correct me if i'm wrong, here)... but I have a feeling I do it a lot more than others (or maybe a lot more than is healthy.... or then again, maybe its an advantage that i have... who knows)

all i know... is insomnia is a motherfucker, and its just a catalyst to my already overactive mind(s)...

questions/comments/theories/opinions/useless babble? anyone??

This is because you are a thinker;you do not just "go through the motions".

I have had the same problem, drink a tall glass of milk before bed. It helps me :)

I also try to limit my caffeine intake, makes me real edgy.

interesting thread (not that i fully read it but i got the gist of it)

fuckin..u gotta realize that your still young bro and of course all this crazy shit is gonna go through yer head.

As for insomnia....you wanna talk insomnia?

i havent slept a regular nights sleep in god knows when...i mean i work when all u guys sleep ...from 9:30pm-6am....thats when im busting my ass at work..but yet...a normal person would be either sleepin or having these thoughts around those hours.

well think how i feel...when im at work...doing crazy shit like puttin away a box 30 ft in the air having debates and arguments in my own head.

Its definitely distracting but yet..i phaze it all out as best as i can.

Its natural bro. you'll see.

to respond to the rest of what you said...

i went through a really miserable period of my life where i'd go for two/three hour long walks throughout hoboken with shorts on in the dead cold of november and december just pondering every romantic failure i'd ever suffered...

then i realized it wasn't doing me any good.

just be yourself and do what you're good at.

everything else falls into place eventually.

to put it another way:

"everything that was meant to happen, does... eventually."

Geeze.. I thought I was the only abnormal one here... Especially when I'm trying to sleep I think about all sorts of stuff.. from whut I did during the day to my past experiences.. also philosphical questions (cause I'm taking Philo 101 right now.. and we're talking about justice.. mind and body etc) etc etc... It takes me couple of hours for me to eventually fall asleep. I envy those people who can fall asleep in a matter of few min.. My mind wonders too much.. I can't catch up sometimes.. meanin my body can't catch up.... whew ~ it is tiresome.