Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hooked on club drugs?

tinybutterfli

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

They found that terrorists funded their bank accounts with money from activities such as smuggling drugs and diamonds. It's not untrue. But Malanee's right. Some oil money, you can bet, goes to the terrorists as well.

huh. i didn't know that. but they are still trying to make you correlate drugs to terrorists in an inaccurate way. not nice.

If you buy pot (not dirt, but the good stuff), or any other drug, then where does it come from?

well i'd like to think it comes from some nice hippies in western canada, but i don't get weed like that... i guess you have a point as much as i don't want to admit it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those commercials just make me want to smoke more.....what about all the pot thats grown in Vermont and Cali and canada.....ehh. I think a lot of the heroin trade and some cocaine that is smuggled helps fund terrorists. But I don't think that Bin Laden is out there growing me some weed, but if he is then let me give him some props for this sticky hydro......:bong:

Guest jroo
Originally posted by candeo

My main concern with all of this government propaganda against E is that they're not really focusing on the things that are really true. They're definitley inflating the drug to be a lot more harmful than it is. Yes, it is bad for you, but a lot more people have an alergic reaction and die to strawberries than to MDMA. The primary ways to die off E are to not keep yourself hydrated and to mix it with a lot of other drugs, right?

I wish they would educate the public on what the drug really does and then let pepole decide for themselves how much of a threat it is, rather than to have these over-dramatic, ambiguous scare tactic spots.

hahaha nice sig! you're right there should be more factual education about drugs. but hey, if you want living proof check out The Osbournes on Mtv. if that isnt enough proof for you, what is? honestly, everyone is right when it comes down to it. its your life. just dont get addicited to crack so that you're not out there robbing and stealing to get high again. hey malanee , remember when that crack head tried to rob you. shit like that is really sad. well all got to find what makes us happy and what makes us enjoy life. i still havent found it, but im done with drugs.

Well, weed may not be tied to terrorist activity, although who knows. But you can bet there's definitely some Tony Soprano type shit going on with a lot of the weed passed around in the US.

But like I said. That kind of shit touches so many parts of our daily lives, we probably don't even know about. But at the end of the day, we just have to take all the info, and if we're comfortable with whatever reasons we have for doing the things we do, that's all that matters.

On another note, did you know that the US government enlisted the Mafia's help to close ports after Pearl Harbor? The government knew a lot of the Union workers who worked on the docks were tied to heavy organized crime. So after Pearl Harbor, they actually approached some of the families and asked them to have their dock workers keep an eye out for suspicious activity. It was very effective. I think they sniffed out quite a bit. Saw that on the History Channel.

Originally posted by hotcheme

last night while i was watching the game i saw an add about a kid who bought a joint and they went through this progression tracing it to a dealer --> smuggler --> cartel --> and then they showed a pic of a family that the cartel killed. i know drugs are BAD :rolleyes: but how does a joint get associated with that kind of violence?

No shit! Maybe if it was cocaine!

His joint probably came from Canada or West Virginia.

a coworker of mine was telling me that he sees smuglers like all the time flying back and forth to puerto rico (we work there a lot). and so i asked how do you identify a smuggler and apparently he's been on the plane on several occasions and the feds have come aboard to take somone off before anyone else can deplane. and then other times he's seen smugglers ODing from the drugs leaking inside their body.

for as often as i go to PR i have never seen this but i am kinda disturbed by the thought. cause i know they are only carrying the types of drugs that i want no association with.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

On another note, did you know that the US government enlisted the Mafia's help to close ports after Pearl Harbor? The government knew a lot of the Union workers who worked on the docks were tied to heavy organized crime. So after Pearl Harbor, they actually approached some of the families and asked them to have their dock workers keep an eye out for suspicious activity. It was very effective. I think they sniffed out quite a bit. Saw that on the History Channel.

Yeah I heard about that some time ago, I think they even let one of the founding members out of a long jail sentence...maybe Genovese? Interesting stuff, too bad it's not like that anymore....

A friend of mine was at a meeting recently with the Feds. They said most weed is domestic, with the star state being Kentucky! There's a lot of terrorists in Kentucky, so watch out! (not to make light of the fact that there are domestic terrorists, remember Oklahoma City). I think we all know the coca trade comes from central and South America and there are many groups supporting it that are on the State Dept. list of terrorist organizations (FARC, etc...). Herion/Hash are pretty much the only things I can think of that are cultivated in the middle east/Afganistan that directly cross with the current "War on Terror" in those regions. I saw fields of the shit being grown under Hezbollah flags in southern Lebanon. So yes, in fact, they do get money to support themselves that way. E used to come from Europe, but I hear a lot more is starting to turn up from Asia. Since all drugs are illegal, all drugs support criminal organizations at some level: the dealer on the corner, the mafia, international crime rings, terrorists, etc...

Speaking of weed:

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) - In Nevada, they love gambling and tolerate prostitution. Now they are talking about legalizing pot.

A measure on the ballot Nov. 5 would make Nevada the first state to allow adults to possess marijuana up to 3 ounces, enough for maybe 100 joints.

People over 21 would be allowed to smoke it in their homes but not in cars or public places. Pot would be sold in state-licensed smoke shops and taxed like cigarettes.

<snip>

This should be interesting if it does pass. The only thing I've ever smoked was a clove.. once and it was gross *lol*

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Speaking of weed:

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) - In Nevada, they love gambling and tolerate prostitution. Now they are talking about legalizing pot.

A measure on the ballot Nov. 5 would make Nevada the first state to allow adults to possess marijuana up to 3 ounces, enough for maybe 100 joints.

People over 21 would be allowed to smoke it in their homes but not in cars or public places. Pot would be sold in state-licensed smoke shops and taxed like cigarettes.

<snip>

This should be interesting if it does pass. The only thing I've ever smoked was a clove.. once and it was gross *lol*

Even if it's legalized at the state level, it's still illegal at the Federal level. Federal laws don't allow you to possess any marijuana. The state cops and courts won't care, but the DEA will grab your ass and send it to jail. This is what happened in CA with their medical-use marijuana and marijuana growers clubs. Those state-licensed smoke shops would be raided by the DEA faster than Shady shitting in your living room.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Speaking of weed:

<snip>

i'll believe it if i see it... but yeah that would be cool. :) hope they stock their smoke shops with some high quality buds.