Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bad First Dates

Well, if you got along all right based on convo's and on the phone, at least there's somehting brewing...

I don't throw in the towel on the 1st date unless serious non-compatible issues arise.

It could have been just bad timing. I give everything a 2nd try.

PS... NEVER talk about ex's on a 1st date :worry::shake:

Originally posted by stacychase

How bout if they smelled like garlic?????:shake:

:eek: RUN FOR THE HILLS :eek:

no, but seriously, that might not leave the best 1st impression, but i'd still give that person another chance (maybe they had garlic pizza b4 they met u) :confused:

But if they smell the 2nd time around, i;d leave it.

Originally posted by gmccookny

PS... NEVER talk about ex's on a 1st date :worry::shake:

Excellent advice. I always wondered what would compel people to do this but a lot of people do. Very scary......I say give it another shot. If he doesn't pass the sniff test the second time, you may have to say something.

I would say wait a week or 2 before making plans w/ him again and see if there is still something there over the phone, a good conversation etc...if there is, give it another shot, if you run out of things to talk about well...maybe your last impression was the right one. Good luck!

i was gonna say it depends on what was disappointing about the first date.

garlic smell: ok, maybe he's just dumb about what he ate before comeing out.

boredom: you've been chatting and that wasn't boring i guess. was the dude just really nervous? or do you think his real life personality is different from the on line one? do you think its cause you didn't click at all? or cause he's boring?

Originally posted by barvybe

i was gonna say it depends on what was disappointing about the first date.

garlic smell: ok, maybe he's just dumb about what he ate before comeing out.

boredom: you've been chatting and that wasn't boring i guess. was the dude just really nervous? or do you think his real life personality is different from the on line one? do you think its cause you didn't click at all? or cause he's boring?

hmmmm... not sure, I had not really thought about it that way, except that he put me to sleep at one point, however that is not hard to do... the sparks did not seem to fly and there was no chemistry, very oddd indeed!!!

Sweetheart, it could have been worse.

Here is an e-mail I wrote my friend about the last date I had, before I started dating the guy I'm with now: (keep in mind I had met this guy out, and talked to him on the phone about 3 or 4 times before this date, and we had very interesting convos.)

J,

I'd just like to say that I now remember why I never go on "dates" its because they are the most horrible form of torture imaginable. I swear if it wasn't for that whole god thing I'd join a convent.

Just thought I'd share with you a few fun facts about my date Friday night, since I know how much joy you take in my misery:

he showed up in a light blue button down, gray slacks, and loafers. LOAFERS!?!

we went for sushi and he asked the waiter for a fork.

he insisted on sitting on a park bench in between the restaurant and the bar. (apparently 6 blocks is a long walk.) where he attempted to shove his tongue down my throat approximately 4 times

he spent a third of the night text messaging his friend on his cell phone.

he spent another third talking about how much he loves living in suburbia and how low a tolerance he has for the city, and how he wants to buy a house in NJ. (this is after I told him what a hardcore city girl I am)

he spent the other third talking about how much 'the scene' sucks now, and how he only cares about being successful in business. (this was after I explained how important music and friends are to me.)

and the grand finally:

he actually said "you're a great girl, but the smoking thing is really going to be a problem for me"

UGH. I must have been A LOT drunker than I thought I was when I met him. I sent his ass home at 12:00 and met my friends to go to vinyl.

you know, celibacy isn't as bad as it seems. . .

-S

wow, I just realized how lucky I am that I dont have to deal with this crap anymore. :aright:

hey Steph- Is he cute?

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

hey Steph- Is he cute?

so, u'r suggesting moving him into the booty call category without bothering with the going out bit? ;)

seriously steph: i've had some 1st dates that were boring, but there was a hint of chemistry and stuff, but it was just obvious that people were nervous and / or kinda afraid of opening up and stuff. if that's the case, go out with him again.

but if there was like no hope of salvation and you were just in pure hell - fahgetaboudit!!!

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

Sweetheart, it could have been worse.

Here is an e-mail I wrote my friend about the last date I had, before I started dating the guy I'm with now: (keep in mind I had met this guy out, and talked to him on the phone about 3 or 4 times before this date, and we had very interesting convos.)

J,

I'd just like to say that I now remember why I never go on "dates" its because they are the most horrible form of torture imaginable. I swear if it wasn't for that whole god thing I'd join a convent.

Just thought I'd share with you a few fun facts about my date Friday night, since I know how much joy you take in my misery:

he showed up in a light blue button down, gray slacks, and loafers. LOAFERS!?!

we went for sushi and he asked the waiter for a fork.

he insisted on sitting on a park bench in between the restaurant and the bar. (apparently 6 blocks is a long walk.) where he attempted to shove his tongue down my throat approximately 4 times

he spent a third of the night text messaging his friend on his cell phone.

he spent another third talking about how much he loves living in suburbia and how low a tolerance he has for the city, and how he wants to buy a house in NJ. (this is after I told him what a hardcore city girl I am)

he spent the other third talking about how much 'the scene' sucks now, and how he only cares about being successful in business. (this was after I explained how important music and friends are to me.)

and the grand finally:

he actually said "you're a great girl, but the smoking thing is really going to be a problem for me"

UGH. I must have been A LOT drunker than I thought I was when I met him. I sent his ass home at 12:00 and met my friends to go to vinyl.

you know, celibacy isn't as bad as it seems. . .

-S

wow, I just realized how lucky I am that I dont have to deal with this crap anymore. :aright:

hey Steph- Is he cute?

:laugh: :laugh:

wow that's great. makes some of my recent dates seem a little better.

OH MY!!!!!! and I must have been really drunk the 1st time we met as well. Cause no he is not cute and here is one of our convos.....

Him: Do your cats like the vet?

Me: Well, no they really (he interrupts me now)

Him: My friends have a dog and she loves the vet

Him: Loves it (gets louder)

Him again: Absolutley LOVES IT (VERY LOUD AT THIS POINT)

Him once again: All you say is Kayla want to go to the vet and she runs and gets her leash...

Him: VERY, VERY LOUD ABSOLUTLEY LOVES IT............

OH MY!!!!!! and I must have been really drunk the 1st time we met as well. Cause no he is not cute and here is one of our convos.....

Him: Do your cats like the vet?

Me: Well, no they really (he interrupts me now)

Him: My friends have a dog and she loves the vet

Him: Loves it (gets louder)

Him again: Absolutley LOVES IT (VERY LOUD AT THIS POINT)

Him once again: All you say is Kayla want to go to the vet and she runs and gets her leash...

Him: VERY, VERY LOUD ABSOLUTLEY LOVES IT............

two words: RUN AWAY!!!!

will you begin screening for me as well, thanks! ;)

no problem hon...

just send them over.

i can be found most days sitting here on the porch, sipping a beer and plotting how i'm gonna trap the wild turkeys that have been wandering around my lawn (seriously). i'm not really very good at trapping, so there's really just a lot of sitting around sipping beers going on.