Clubplanet Nightlife Community

J.V @ The Roxy review

I got there with my friend around 12:30. Right away saw BobG outside along with J.V and Dj Boris. The line was fairly big last night, first time I've seen it so big in a while. Walked right in, thank you for that Bob. SexybabyD, thank you for holding a card for me but I got one from Roxyscot last week. :) Anyway, the dancefloor was already packed, Danny woo spinning a strong set. He spun a few tracks that blew me away. Then J.V comes one, I'm shocked that he didnt make a big intro. He just took over. The first hour or so was pretty good, regular vicious type music, then....... around 2:30 or so vicious just exploded. I dont know what the hell was going on but I thought Roxy was about to have one big sunroof. All I gotta say is :jawdrop: Wow.... I've havent heard a a set like that before in a while Felt like I was back in the tunnel for a while. The phazon was in full effect and I was loving it.

Big shot out to MikeBuggs, Rob, Bigpopanils(dont believe I ever caught ur name) and BobG(thank you for the kind hospitality once again) and Karch. I'm going back to sleep now:D

roxy was definitely a fun night once again--

Danny Woo tore it up--played some sick tribal and finished up strong playing till 2am. Johnny came on at 2am without an intro--but regardless you knew it was him, his sound is easy to recognize...

Johnny proceeded to rip it as usual, even rippin some vocals in there, but around 330 he decided to get plain nasty with an edit of Chapter that was reeedic:eek: followed that with this buildup track that just blew the place up....Me and Robin were talkin at the time about how many people were still in the place at 4am---still a nice sized crowd....

GODFATHERBAMMMBOOMBATZ--makin an appearance outta nowhere..u gotta come out more bro--good seeing you--Bigpoppa, NYChunk, Karch, Benny, Robin, my boy Dan and the rest of the crew held it down on the stage all night--- Bobby G--where do i get in line to take a picture with Sandra Collins next week? :D Also nice meeting Max3, looks like u got some good shots with ur cam...DaVe in the house as well...good seein u buddy--

How Im gonna make it thru SF sunday is beyond me.....

Mike Bugout

insanity took place last night.... when we were up in the dj booth and danny woo dropped "hurricane" i knew we were in for it. Vicious killed it all night long, best set in a while from him as far as im concerned. when the ktu chick asked over the mic "whos fucked up?" vicious in Rob Van Damn Style said he was. too funny. Insane beats all night long from both Danny, and Johnny. Nice seeing every1 who was mentioned before, as well as Gary which no1 did mention.

had a great time meetin you and everyone else, and enjoyin the music. This is the first time I used that camera in the club and was mobbed with people askin me to take their pics. I had a hard time usin it since its manual and it was too dark which made it hard to focus the lens. Well hope they come out good....will post some soon...:cool:

And yes, Robin, I thought there was someone or two there that looked like that guy Gary....I recognized from that pic at the meetup....good seein him again....

and my review here:http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119184

Originally posted by djmikebugout

roxy was definitely a fun night once again--

Danny Woo tore it up--played some sick tribal and finished up strong playing till 2am. Johnny came on at 2am without an intro--but regardless you knew it was him, his sound is easy to recognize...

Johnny proceeded to rip it as usual, even rippin some vocals in there, but around 330 he decided to get plain nasty with an edit of Chapter that was reeedic:eek: followed that with this buildup track that just blew the place up....Me and Robin were talkin at the time about how many people were still in the place at 4am---still a nice sized crowd....

GODFATHERBAMMMBOOMBATZ--makin an appearance outta nowhere..u gotta come out more bro--good seeing you--Bigpoppa, NYChunk, Karch, Benny, Robin, my boy Dan and the rest of the crew held it down on the stage all night--- Bobby G--where do i get in line to take a picture with Sandra Collins next week? :D Also nice meeting Max3, looks like u got some good shots with ur cam...DaVe in the house as well...good seein u buddy--

How Im gonna make it thru SF sunday is beyond me.....

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by liqidxtc

can anyone id the song played both by Daniel Woo and JV it has a woman singing "i can't deny it... i'm addicted to drugs" with a hard ass bass?

Oscar G - Dark Beat (Twizted Remix)

"I feel it deep inside me, i wanna ride it, cant fight it, i might as well rely on the drum beat, DJ pump the low end frequency, i wont hide it, i cant deny it, cause im addicted to drums and im a slave to the DARKBEAT!"

I havent posted in a good while and havent been to a club in months. Doing the bar scene for the past couple of months.

So me and some other kids actually decided to hit ROxy and hear Vicious again. The night ended up to be fun, lot of ppl, and the music was awesome.

I actually met Rob and DJMikeB inside the booth too. Really cool guys.

I was standing there watching Danny Woo mix just as he played that old school song "Hurrican" (like someone mentioned) IT just got everyone pumped up!!!

JV played his regular set with some vocals, but then at around hmm 3:00 or later, he played some really hard ass tracks. SOmething close to what he used to spin at the TUnnel 2 years ago or so.

And the sound system was ridiculus too, heavy and thumping Bass. Last time i was in ROxy, the sound quality wasnt that good at all.

WHen did they put the Phazon in that place?

Rad_

Originally posted by Rad_Z

I havent posted in a good while and havent been to a club in months. Doing the bar scene for the past couple of months.

So me and some other kids actually decided to hit ROxy and hear Vicious again. The night ended up to be fun, lot of ppl, and the music was awesome.

I actually met Rob and DJMikeB inside the booth too. Really cool guys.

I was standing there watching Danny Woo mix just as he played that old school song "Hurrican" (like someone mentioned) IT just got everyone pumped up!!!

JV played his regular set with some vocals, but then at around hmm 3:00 or later, he played some really hard ass tracks. SOmething close to what he used to spin at the TUnnel 2 years ago or so.

And the sound system was ridiculus too, heavy and thumping Bass. Last time i was in ROxy, the sound quality wasnt that good at all.

WHen did they put the Phazon in that place?

Rad_

nice chatting with u man!