Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What are your wierd names for certain types of food?

Originally posted by perns2002

Example:

Eggs sunny side up = Dip eggs or "Eggs like Daddy, how my dad ate them"

This is funny, My mom makes Bagel with egg, chez, and bacon or sausage. We call that Breakfast by the hand. I swear she asks us if we want "Breakfast by the Hand"

Are you hungry or something??

No weird food names, although my father refers to every item on the table is this or that....I get so pissed!!:mad: He points at something and is like give me that...Its not like his fingers are 12 inch pointers they are like minisauges---Call the shit by its name!!!

I should NOT HAVE TAKEN A STACKER TODAY!!!

I'll play....

My mom used to make us soft boiled eggs when we were little and break them up in a bowl with salt, pepper and then she would break up toast and put it in there....we used to call it Bready Eggs....

Sunny side up are of course Dippy Eggs

Spaghetti was lovingly referred to as "Sghetti Betters" by my sister

we called Brusselsprouts "Gunky Sprouts" cause we HATED um...

I'll think of more later...

:D

it's not really a weird name - it's a weird dish

MEATLOAF MOUNTAIN !!!

when we were young my dad would take a meatloaf, scoop out the middle and fill it with mashed potatos, corn, carrots anything you could think of, then he would cover the top back up. We'd pour gravy over it and it would be MEATLOAF MOUNTAIN .... it was soooooo good and to this day, still my favorite meal !!!!

Originally posted by barbiegirl

it's not really a weird name - it's a weird dish

MEATLOAF MOUNTAIN !!!

when we were young my dad would take a meatloaf, scoop out the middle and fill it with mashed potatos, corn, carrots anything you could think of, then he would cover the top back up. We'd pour gravy over it and it would be MEATLOAF MOUNTAIN .... it was soooooo good and to this day, still my favorite meal !!!!

he he...you reminded me of another one...my mom used to make meat loafs and we never wanted to eat them....so she tricked us and instead of making a loaf, she make them look like hamburgers and called them "Meat Cakes" :rolleyes: