Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What book are you reading?

cgm

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by clubindiva

i'm reading the lovely bones by alice sebold. i just started it but its really good. i just dont have a lot of time to read it w/ my school work taking up most of my time!! :rolleyes:

...i saw a client with that book at work......what is it about?.......

...i JUST started reading 'milkrun'........my friend said it was good and i figured why not.....i never read anything anymore so........it's ' a novel about drinks dates and other distractions'.....figure i would start with something light and easy to relate to lol

Originally posted by sigmagal

I am almost done reading 2nd Chance by James Patterson. It is pretty good. I have read a few of his books... Kiss the Girls, Beach House and 1st to Die. He really keeps your interest.

If you like James Patterson--Check out Pop goes the weisel..It was a good book, Im pretty sure he wrote it...Its been awhile so im not sure

Originally posted by misk

...i saw a client with that book at work......what is it about?.......

well i only got into chapter 5....the lovely bones is about this little girl who is up in heaven now looking down at the living world. she was raped and murdered by her next door neighbor. that's as far as i got so i dont really know what else will happen. it is really good though so far, a lil' sad, but overall i'm liking it!!

:D

"The new rulers of the world" by John Pilger.

Very good book that opens your eyes, and rids you of main stream media propaganda. If anyone read about the events in D.C. week, people protesting the World Bank and global corporate greed, this is a perfect book to explain why these people are doing this.

I just read 2nd chance, and the Beach house by Patterson.... both good, I flew through them....

Read Jackdaws by Ken Follet recently>>>>> REALLY good

I am Reading the Emperor of Ocean Park .... tough read but not bad

Basket Case..... okay...

the Summons by Grisham >>>> I liked it alot....

Painted House was okay... off beat for Grisham

you think I like to read???? these were all over the summer....

Originally posted by poohjn1

"The new rulers of the world" by John Pilger.

Very good book that opens your eyes, and rids you of main stream media propaganda. If anyone read about the events in D.C. week, people protesting the World Bank and global corporate greed, this is a perfect book to explain why these people are doing this.

I REALLY want that girls belt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

o.jpg

Originally posted by barbiegirl

i'm reading "How to Make Your Man Behave in 21 days or Less"

it's written by professional dog trainers and a MUST for every woman out there !!!

:whip2:

ok something i would like to point out here.

first off DOGS are loyal hmmmm

second all you have to do is let them go to the bathroom and feed them( kinda like men) and they will LICK YOU ALL OVER and be happy to see you.

So whats wrong with being a DOG.

i dont see women acting like that

Originally posted by barbiegirl

the book says all those things - it just teaches you how to lure them, how to reward them and in turn the rewards get them to do what you want ... it's really just a FUNNY BOOK !!!

i'll bring it in tommorow and write you some of the examples

you'll LAUGH your buns off !!!

ok now why the hell am i single. she takes her clothes off i amlured in rewarded ( and so is she) and im sure she could get me to do what she wants:lickit: :lickit: :lickit:

i wish i knew a nice girl for you ... you seem like a nice guy who would be a GOOD CATCH !!! i will keep my eyes open for you.

the book says for example ... keep him on a choker leash, as you develop trust, loosen the leash - same as with a dog

also - NEVER chase a dog (or a man) it only makes them RUN

reward them for good behavior (and in turn) they will reward you.

i'm not being crazy - the book is so TRUE !!!

dogs and men are so much alike in so many ways and i don't mean in bad ways only .... treat them right and they can both be your BFF (best friend forever !!!)

I read a book this summer called Dog Handling, that thrivedon the "Treat your Man like a dog" philosophy too. Another good (girl) read!

I gave up Confessions of.....because it was SO HORRIBLE! I shuld have known better than to purchase a "Reading With Ripa" book! I just started Mr. Maybe by Jane Green. I also need to read White Oleander before I see the movie!

Originally posted by trippinonyou

I just finished "The Color of Water" by James McBride. It's the autobiographical story of a black man's relationship to his Jewish mother. 3 of my fav's:

--Clockwork Orange

--White Oleander

--She's Come Undone

I read White Oleander last summer...did you see that there is a movie coming out called that?! i hope it doesn't ruin the book, ya kno how they sometiems do that.