Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm gonna buy a digital camera today.....

Fuck work...its time i spent some of my hard earned money that i bust my fuckin ass lifting 80+ lbs a night like a fuckin chulupa cept for way more than .5 an hour lol...but ok back to topic...

any suggestions??

im thinkin about a friggin...Nikon Coolpix...why?

cause i think Toolord has one and i have always liked the fuckin quality of it..but then again...i know about as much as digital cameras as i do about women...and that is? NOTHING.

So people, help a pale nigga out here.

What is QUALITY and what is not? what should i look for and what shouldnt i look for?

Do megapixels matter if so how many?

My budget is bout $300-400..possibly 500.

im sure i can get some good shit with that?

anyhow...thanx for yer suggestions.

Guest tilly

well I cant really recommend which camera to buy as I have a Kodak and it's a bit old now and heavy!

but I can suggest where to buy B&H . They have the best selection and the people that work there are extremely knowlegeable and will help you pick out the best camera that will suite your needs...plus the prices are decent there!~

Good luck~:cool:

Originally posted by quoth

Fuck work...its time i spent some of my hard earned money that i bust my fuckin ass lifting 80+ lbs a night like a fuckin chulupa cept for way more than .5 an hour lol...but ok back to topic...

any suggestions??

im thinkin about a friggin...Nikon Coolpix...why?

cause i think Toolord has one and i have always liked the fuckin quality of it..but then again...i know about as much as digital cameras as i do about women...and that is? NOTHING.

So people, help a pale nigga out here.

What is QUALITY and what is not? what should i look for and what shouldnt i look for?

Do megapixels matter if so how many?

My budget is bout $300-400..possibly 500.

im sure i can get some good shit with that?

anyhow...thanx for yer suggestions.

If you're willing to spend about $500, the Canon PowerShot G2 is an excellent camera that has gotten very high ratings. 4.0 megapixels.

The Nikon CoolPix 900 is a pretty good camera too, almost as good as the Canon, but it's a little bulkier.

The Canon Powershot S30 and S40 are pretty good also.

Do some searches with those model numbers to come up with the best price.

Originally posted by ou812

If you're willing to spend about $500, the Canon PowerShot G2 is an excellent camera that has gotten very high ratings. 4.0 megapixels.

The Nikon CoolPix 900 is a pretty good camera too, almost as good as the Canon, but it's a little bulkier.

The Canon Powershot S30 and S40 are pretty good also.

Do some searches with those model numbers to come up with the best price.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

WHOA!

you actually have a brain that can provide helpful information underneath all that horrible photoshopping efforts that usually go wrong??

I'm impressed...yer officially ok in my book.

(p.s. being serious though...whats so damn good though bought the Powershot? like i want all the cool features like mpg video and shit i want it all goddamnit lol.)

Originally posted by quoth

:eek: :eek: :eek:

WHOA!

you actually have a brain that can provide helpful information underneath all that horrible photoshopping efforts that usually go wrong??

I'm impressed...yer officially ok in my book.

(p.s. being serious though...whats so damn good though bought the Powershot? like i want all the cool features like mpg video and shit i want it all goddamnit lol.)

If you want all those features you might want to think about a digital camcorder instead...........In any event do some research :

http://electronics.cnet.com/electronics/search/0,10126,0-6342639-1302-0,00.html?tag=dir

Look around on there CNET.com has alot of good info.

Finally...

The Coolpix 885(my piece) is probably a little outdated by now. Check around. You probably don't give a shit about specs and all that crap, figure out what size camera you want. Mine won't fit in your shirt pocket, but its good enough for me. Find a good deal on flash memory, I went all out and found a 256mb card for $80 or so after rebate.

Go to the store, hold it, play with it. Or fuckin give my ass a call and i'll ride with you. I just had an exam today so i'm entitled to some free time this week. Peace

I just won a Nikon Coolpix 2500 on eBay.

It retails for about $350 and I got it for $250 including shipping.

It's a 2.0 megapixel which is good enough for me, but the best part is it's really small.

Let me know what u get.

Quoth,

megapixels do matter. I have a one megapixel which only makes 5x7 enlargements. Larger than that and you can actually see the pixels. They're making cameras with up to 4 or 5 megapixels now. Like Tilly said, go to B&H on 34th and 9th Ave. and you'll find the people that work there to be helpful and the prices right. I heard good things about the Olympus 3020. Take a look at it here: Olympus 3020z