Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Biggest Concern For Tiesto Answered......

djdekan

From Tiesto's Site

Will Tiësto bring a new set to the US this time?

Of course I will bring a new set to the US. In my set there are always new records but also a few recognizable tracks. People still want to hear my older tracks and want me to play tracks off my album. It’s hardly impossible to keep everybody satisfied especially when you play all over the world. I played in Panama in April this year and if I didn't play “Silence†the crowd would have been very disappointed. That’s the thing when you are a dj/artist/producer, some people expect new stuff, others expect the older stuff and some people both! If you go to a concert of Lenny Kravitz or U2 you want them to play the new stuff but also the hits you know them for. If you compare it with the rock artists I have a much harder challenge on this point because they make an album with 10 tracks and go on tour for 2 years playing the same tracks every night. I have to come up with a new set every few weeks which is hardly possible. I also prefer to play a good older track then a bad or not so good new one. I will be in the studio much more this winter so I have more time to produce new stuff, I will take January and February off to produce lots of new stuff.

I think tiesto is an excellent DJ, but I must say most of the sets I have downloaded over the past few months are very similar. Not only in track selection but in the order in which he plays them. If I am hearing the same song everytime I download one of his sets, then he is becoming a little predictable, which is not good. However he should give the crowd what it wants, and if they want to hear Silence, then give it to them, after all it is his track. I'm willing to bet Tiesto has not gone through an entire set over the past 3 months without playing his remix of 'Southern Sun' And "playing a good older track over a bad new one" I'll take that anyday, considering there is a lack of quality trance being produced nowadays.

I have been a Tiesto Fan since I heard him . I would have to say a few of his CD's do sound alike. I think his live set are better than his CD albums..

IE Live @ California ( Magik 7 )

Most of his Magik sets are off the hook.. That Just me thou. Also his Live set on the Radio I like as well.

by far and away Tiesto has become the fiercest "trance" DJ in the last 24 months or so. He has grown immensely. I remember Tiesto only drawing about 100 or so people one Thursday night at Shadow Lounge. look where he has gotten now.

He plays with energy!

I have had the fortune of seeing DJ's A-Z believe me, and ive been somewhat disappointed with the "older" DJs like Oakie and PVD. Once pioneers now they play luke warm and instead of playing to the crowd they play looking at thier Rolex watches to make sure they dont miss thier flight for thier next $20,000 gig.

Tiesto leaves it all on that booth and you have to peel him off to get out !

Tiesto makes a very good point and i had already had made that observation from his sets where is willing to drop a "classic" song rather than a boring song juuuust cuz its new.

He blends perfectly old and new ....slow and melodic, and hard and fast paced wall destroying songs.

he doesnt bore you and does not play in an even level tone. i like the way his waves of energy take you.

Last time he was here at Space he dropped "energy 52" which is "classic trance" and i almost lost it. He then followed it by some sick new stuff before he was back to throwing in one i have deep in my cd collection and hadnt heard in a while.

Ill be going to the Rolling Stones concert in a few weeks and i kid you not that everyone's jaw would drop if they didnt play "satisfaction", "start me up" "Brown Sugar"...etc

Ill be at Tiesto as well and will look for him to "wow" me with new sounds but would also enjoy FLIGHT 643 and SilENCE if he plays them.

he is my top DJ now because not only of his music but he is keeping that "trance"sound well alive and showing you dont have to play candy-like 93.1 type to get the crowd going.

to show you my diverse taste Danny T. is my second fav

Originally posted by klubveteran

I have had the fortune of seeing DJ's A-Z believe me, and ive been somewhat disappointed with the "older" DJs like Oakie and PVD. Once pioneers now they play luke warm and instead of playing to the crowd they play looking at thier Rolex watches to make sure they dont miss thier flight for thier next $20,000 gig.

AMEN...i have seen both Oakie and PVD and they both lack....boring sets....Tiesto has been my fav. Dj for a long time, and even though i am not THAT into trance anymore i still make it out to this man....one of the best DJjProducer that i have seen....and i have seen big names and small names that also impressed me....but Tiesto takes the cake, hands down - - bar none....

Chaos, there's plenty of good new Trance releases coming out. I don't know where you come up with there being a lack of it.

Which brings me to another question, how long have you and Pete Dekan been into Trance anyways?

As for the "How Bout Umek & Chris Liebing or Marcel Woods" comment, do you really believe these guys can pack the biggest club in South FL? Wouldn't it be better to first get them booked at a smaller club like Spin and see what kind of turnout they will produce?

The only way a DJ like Chris Liebing can play to a full packed house at Space, is if you book another superstar DJ that the Miami crowd knows on the same night.

Tijs is Amazing Yes BUT........

Right now all the sets he plays have the same tracks not that there bad but as a dj I feel you should have a new set almost every two weeks, move things around add the new tracks... Tiesto just started playing newer stuff this past Saturday at Godskicthen's 5th anniversay, so he was playing the same set from..... Impulse 6/30/02 (Maybe even Gatecrasher NEC 4/13/02) till almost 10/01/02 3 mthns of Flash, Solar Stone, Perpeteous Dreamer, Carrera 2, 29 Palms, Way Out West, Midway, etc.....

Chris, I to agree about trance release that are out now but where were they in Tiesto's Set... Just Added Mark Norman - Faith. He's missing stuff like Cape Town - Pitsop, Lolo - Melody, Solar Factor - Meltdown, Signum - 3rd Domension, the list goes on. Every dj seems to be stuck in a rut with there sets.. If you read all the questions answered on Tiesto's homepage, he is changing his style from the Trance Energy 2000 (Epic/Energetic Trance) to a progressive, techy sound..... Which I happen to Like...

As far as Umek & Liebing Playing here I bet you they can put more people in Space then some other headliners. Marcel Woods no way hes just an amazing producer who needs to be an opener... (At this Moment).....

Tiestos Tracklisting from Last Saturday at Godskitchen

1. Tomaz vs Filterheadz - Sunshine

2. Dirty Vegas - Days go By

3. King Unique - Sugar High

4. Flash - Closing Session

5. ID

6. D Note - Shed my skin (Airwave Remix)

7. Dj Tomcraft - Loneliness

8. ID

9. Dj Tiesto - Lethal Industry

10. Mark Norman - Faith

11. Age of love - Age of love (Mr Sams Remix)

12. Armin Interview

13.(Sounds Like)Grooveyard - Mary Go Wild

14. Plastic Boy - Silver Bath

15. Stamina - Skywalker

16. Vitalic - La Rock

17. Chemical brothers - Battle weapon 6

18. Dj Tiesto - Urban Train

19. Umek - Gatex (Dj Tiesto Mix)

Originally posted by klubveteran

by far and away Tiesto has become the fiercest "trance" DJ in the last 24 months or so. He has grown immensely. I remember Tiesto only drawing about 100 or so people one Thursday night at Shadow Lounge. look where he has gotten now.

He plays with energy!

Tiesto makes a very good point and i had already had made that observation from his sets where is willing to drop a "classic" song rather than a boring song juuuust cuz its new.

He blends perfectly old and new ....slow and melodic, and hard and fast paced wall destroying songs.

he doesnt bore you and does not play in an even level tone. i like the way his waves of energy take you.

Last time he was here at Space he dropped "energy 52" which is "classic trance" and i almost lost it. He then followed it by some sick new stuff before he was back to throwing in one i have deep in my cd collection and hadnt heard in a while.

Ill be going to the Rolling Stones concert in a few weeks and i kid you not that everyone's jaw would drop if they didnt play "satisfaction", "start me up" "Brown Sugar"...etc

Ill be at Tiesto as well and will look for him to "wow" me with new sounds but would also enjoy FLIGHT 643 and SilENCE if he plays them.

he is my top DJ now because not only of his music but he is keeping that "trance"sound well alive and showing you dont have to play candy-like 93.1 type to get the crowd going.

to show you my diverse taste Danny T. is my second fav

I agree. except for the PVD part. PVD is far more impressive live then recorded. his live sets have, the energy his recorded stuff lacks.

Yeah I agree, Tiesto's Progressive and Techy picks that he drops in his sets are really good. Still, don't expect him to ditch Trance anytime soon, especially since his buddies Ferry Corsten and AVB are still all over it (btw they've both been playing Pitstop by Capetown in their sets). Tiesto himself is still making Epic Trance (Gouryella anyone?).

As far as Techier Trance, I'm surprised he doesn't play anything by Kaylab, but he definitely does play some good stuff.

Tiesto has been awesome the 3 times I've seen him!!! Always tears the roof...This guy has CARISMA!

Anyway, i think I'll be missing him this time, goign to Orlando for The "horror nights" thing at Islands of adevnture, anyway, that'll be FUN...

Peace.