Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Phat Music Sessions Fridays @ Lola

marcodavalos

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the awesome night we had last Friday. We had the dancefloor packed early, and didn't stop 'til 4:45. The vibe was there as always, and our Resident DJs Chris Duque and Mono Henao have got the control of their night.

I can tell you that after nine weekends, in which music lovers had the choice of bigger budget DJs at other venues,

Phat Music Sessions has continued to solidify as a serious alternative to Friday nights.

In these nine weeks we have averaged over 300 people per night. And the one reason that I find for this to happen is the uncompromising talent of both Chris and Mono.

I strongly suggest you to come and see with your own eyes what this duo is about. No big expenditures, just straight and honest quality underground house.

Starting mid-November we will bring talent from outside Miami. Talent that has been interested in what we have been doing in the past seven months. And are excited to be reassured of the solidification of this new duo of DJs.

If you haven't checked them out yet, there is always next Friday to do so. I can assure you the quality music you will hear and the vibe you will find at Lola on Fridays will make you come back.

Thanks again to the few CPers that showed up last Friday. Phat Music Sessions is for all of you.

MD

Originally posted by marcodavalos

I strongly suggest you to come and see with your own eyes what this duo is about. No big expenditures, just straight and honest quality underground house.

Starting mid-November we will bring talent from outside Miami. Talent that has been interested in what we have been doing in the past seven months. And are excited to be reassured of the solidification of this new duo of DJs.

If you haven't checked them out yet, there is always next Friday to do so. I can assure you the quality music you will hear and the vibe you will find at Lola on Fridays will make you come back.

Thanks again to the few CPers that showed up last Friday. Phat Music Sessions is for all of you.

MD

Marco.......... Chris and Mono rocked. :punch: They are my favs, and happy to see their careers take off. the 4/4 they did enhances their duo strengths.:clap2: Sick tech-house

Liked Joseph Anthony, more the end than the beginning.

Gotta go back to work!!!!

Vip

Originally posted by corinto

Definitely a great party friday @lola...

The vibe was excellent...Marco, thanks for everything...great, great, great..

Had to leave a lil early but it was great anyways...

keep up the ggod work.

peace...MG

Corinto:

I'm glad you had a good time last Friday. And I am happy to hear that Vipnerd had a good time as well. And Funketeer likes to start his own threads to get free rum and cokes....

Coming back to last Friday, many Cpers read this thread. And I forecast they will stop by soon. Chris Duque and Mono Henao are a duo to be known and respected. And followed.

MD

Coming back to last Friday, many Cpers read this thread. And I forecast they will stop by soon. Chris Duque and Mono Henao are a duo to be known and respected. And followed.

MD

:clap: :clap: :clap:

And will never play in any VIP!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This next Friday, just to prove to myself that I don't depend on rum and cokes to have fun...I'm going to drink only screwdrivers.

I mean...it's a step on the long way to recovery, right? ;)

peace out

:cool:

Find out how you can help the "Save Funketeer's Rum & Coke Foundation" get involved, it's all for a good cause.

We have good news for our followers. This Friday October 18 Phat Music Sessions is happy to welcome DJ Claudio Holze.

Claudio Holze is an argentinian DJ who has established himself in the past few years in Miami. With a recognized DJ career in the argentinian underground house movement of the late '90's, Claudio was embarqued in organizing such activities as well as being one of the most known DJs in the scene.

In Miami, Claudio is the man behind the decks every Sunday at Nikki Beach, involving his crowd into deep sexy house. He also can be heard at Opium on Thursdays and Pearl on Saturdays.

Motivated by the sounds he came across at Lola on Fridays, Claudio has joined us as a guest this Friday to portray his experience in the underground house movement he helped define in Buenos Aires.

Welcome home Claudio. Phat Music Sessions thanks your initiative and enthusiasm.

"Fridays at Lola, always a good vibe"

MD

We have good news for our followers. This Friday October 18 Phat Music Sessions is happy to welcome DJ Claudio Holze.

Claudio Holze is an argentinian DJ who has established himself in the past few years in Miami. With a recognized DJ career in the argentinian underground house movement of the late '90's, Claudio was embarqued in organizing such activities as well as being one of the most known DJs in the scene.

In Miami, Claudio is the man behind the decks every Sunday at Nikki Beach, involving his crowd into deep sexy house. He also can be heard at Opium on Thursdays and Pearl on Saturdays.

Motivated by the sounds he came across at Lola on Fridays, Claudio has joined us as a guest this Friday to portray his experience in the underground house movement he helped define in Buenos Aires.

Welcome home Claudio. Phat Music Sessions thanks your initiative and enthusiasm.

MD

interesting!! :)

ask Claudio when is Nikki's gonna pick up again... can't wait to go there on Sundays :D

Originally posted by laliux

interesting!! :)

ask Claudio when is Nikki's gonna pick up again... can't wait to go there on Sundays :D

Laliux:

I am glad you liked the idea of having a guest DJ Fridays at Lola. Claudio will play music he doesn't play at his three residencies. The crowds there are expecting a chilled atmosphere, loungy I would say.

But he has a wider range of music. That is why I reviewed his promo with music that suits what Chris and Mono have already established.

Claudio will open from 11-1, still in a softer side of house but not as chilled as what he plays currently. I believe in the talent that is out there. That is why last week we started having a guest DJ, Joseph Anthony.

As to how Nikkis is doing and if it will pick-up soon I only imagine that will only happen when the tourists arrive this winter.

If you have a chance, stop by Lola on Friday, or any other Friday. I would like to meet you and introduce you to Chris and Mono. They are a solid duo breaking thru this year. And are the reason of the success the party is having so far.

Thanks again,

MD

Originally posted by vipnerd

I 2nd your idea to bring local talent, but a guy who spins at Nikki's, Pearl, Opium??????:knife:

What the f@@k!!!!!!!!

I'll be there Friday to check out Mono and Chris and swing late to Crobar to catch DS.:D

Vip

I know you are a fan of Chris and Mono, and they have consolidated their residency at Phat Music Sessions. Now, as I just answered back Laliux, Claudio has a wider variety of great music. He's been a DJ playing for crowds for a long time, and his original style suited the music that Fridays at Lola offers.

I imagine how tuff it is for a DJ to land a residency at any of the nightclubs here in Miami. There are more talented DJs than venues. And this is something I'm going to defend.

Since the party started at Lola 9 weeks ago, I've been approached by many, many talented DJs, who have left me their promos, hoping to have a chance to play on Fridays. I am slowly bringing up the ones that have impressed me the most. And obviously that can blend with the talent of Chris and Mono.

At the store I've met dozens of DJs. Many of them spinned there before I even started the party. Four years ago, when the store first opened, I had four different DJs every Friday and Saturday, spinning two hours set each from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m.. I gave them a hand back then. Placed ads in the New Times for my store and would list their names in the ad.

I'm happy some of them had a breakthrough. Not because of me, but because of their talents. I know three of them are in Holland playing at different venues, with the same promoter/DJ who brought me the talent back then. Others unfortunately couldn't make their dreams come through.

I hope you understand my philosophy. And ask you to please be more patient. Don't cut Claudio's head before having heard what he will bring to us on Friday.

Support your local talent.

MD

Laliux:

I am glad you liked the idea of having a guest DJ Fridays at Lola. Claudio will play music he doesn't play at his three residencies. The crowds there are expecting a chilled atmosphere, loungy I would say.

But he has a wider range of music. That is why I reviewed his promo with music that suits what Chris and Mono have already established.

Claudio will open from 11-1, still in a softer side of house but not as chilled as what he plays currently. I believe in the talent that is out there. That is why last week we started having a guest DJ, Joseph Anthony.

As to how Nikkis is doing and if it will pick-up soon I only imagine that will only happen when the tourists arrive this winter.

If you have a chance, stop by Lola on Friday, or any other Friday. I would like to meet you and introduce you to Chris and Mono. They are a solid duo breaking thru this year. And are the reason of the success the party is having so far.

Thanks again,

MD

hey Marcos,

I will check PMS soon... this Friday I may swing by for a little bit but won't have the opportunity to check Chris and Mono since I will be going to Crobar to listen to one of my favorites DJs though who knows, I may go to Crobar early to get stamped and then head to Lola till 1:30 or so.... we'll see. :D

Hey Marco, aren't you taking a risk by inviting other Djs??? Dude, seriously...PMS is the shit as it is...sometimes, when you invite Djs, they kick off too strong and kill the build up factor...that is something you should consider discussing with your guest Djs before they take on the decks.

I felt J. Anthony came in a little strong for the needs...don't get me wrong, I though his set was amazing...maybe, too strong to open up the night, that's all.

I guess we'll see what happens on Friday, right?

get funk out! :cool:

Originally posted by funketeer

Hey Marco, aren't you taking a risk by inviting other Djs??? Dude, seriously...PMS is the shit as it is...sometimes, when you invite Djs, they kick off too strong and kill the build up factor...that is something you should consider discussing with your guest Djs before they take on the decks.

I felt J. Anthony came in a little strong for the needs...don't get me wrong, I though his set was amazing...maybe, too strong to open up the night, that's all.

Funketeer......

You are working hard for your free drinks huh?:laugh: :laugh:

Remember you invite this Friday. And if you don't show up, I'll call your girl, Carla?, the one from last week. She had a good time and I'm sure she would come with me:love: :biggrin:

Vip:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by laliux

hey Marcos,

I will check PMS soon... this Friday I may swing by for a little bit but won't have the opportunity to check Chris and Mono since I will be going to Crobar to listen to one of my favorites DJs though who knows, I may go to Crobar early to get stamped and then head to Lola till 1:30 or so.... we'll see. :D

Laliux:

Hopefully you can stop by this Friday. If you do so, please tell Ora, the girl working the door, your CP name.

Dave Seaman is also one of my favorite DJs. Last time he came down to Crobar he missed his flight, and arrived late, like around 3 am. Still, from the first song he dropped he had Crobar "flying"...

Have fun this weekend. And be safe.

MD

Originally posted by funketeer

Funketeer:

I would never tell a DJ in advance what to do. They know more than I, and I'm sure he would have noticed himself if that was the case.

Realize something, by 12:30 he had the dancefloor full, that is when I noticed he picked up the tempo. Mono took over the decks and with his class took us thru an always unexpected journey his first half hour, then to his strength of the set.

A DJ will encounter problems always. It is his ability to make them appear unnoticed that distinguishes their ability, and the understanding and feeling of his dancefloor which will ultimately make him succeed.

Thank you for your concerns. I'm very confident on Chris and Mono, and in the talent of our guest DJs.

See you Friday.

MD

Originally posted by djburrito

burrito.jpeg

DJ Burrito:

Thank you for supporting us. I still remember the night more than a month ago when you and your team showed up for your last night at your venue, only to find the doors closed.I hadn't met you then, but in this short time I know you I can tell the human being you are. Never change.

I'm proud that Phat Music Sessions gives you every Friday the desire to come back again. I will try to stop by to your new venture Wednesdays. I heard you and Melissa have been working very hard on your project. Best wishes.

I spoke to Chris a couple minutes ago. He got some new vynil he ordered thru internet. He tells me thay are sick tracks. Can't wait to hear them, and dance to them.

Stay safe.

MD

Yo Marco, I asked around and for what I've been told Holze is a little genius, I'm curious now to see what's all the hype about.

I didn't mean to sound concerned, I guess I'm getting used to the Henao-Duque double combo ;)

And yo VIP!!! I have reconsidered, and yes...I think is only fare that I buy you a couple of drinks this Friday...after having been such a pain in the ass last Friday :D

get the funk out :cool:

Marco..............

Lorena gave me one of Mono's CD's. Bro, it is such a piece of art.

By the way, she and her gang are having a happy hours session at Camila's and then heading down to Lola Friday. I'll join them there and will head together.:party:

It feels like family.............:)

Vip

Originally posted by vipnerd

Marco..............

Lorena gave me one of Mono's CD's. Bro, it is such a piece of art.

By the way, she and her gang are having a happy hours session at Camila's and then heading down to Lola Friday. I'll join them there and will head together.:party:

It feels like family.............:)

Vip

Vip:

She called me to invite me too. I'll stop by for a little, have to prepare Lola for the night.

Have to set up the light system and make sure the sound system is the way we like it to be.

Lola is bar/club, sound has to be right for it to exploit the potential. On one end you have a full dancefloor. On the other, people enjoying the music, while playing pool. It is a dreamed lay-out for what we want to do on Fridays.

Also, I'll have the last promo of Chris and Mono for you guys Friday. They did a 3/3 that is IMO the best they have done. That actually backs my idea of a duo. Last Friday they played 4/4. And made the dancefloor itch until 4:45.

Thanks for the invitation. And tell Camila I'll bring her the Bordeaux she likes so much.

MD