Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cough*homegrown*cough

Homegrown - A Party for NYC DJ Talent

FEATURING Charlie Ruhle & Zoran Perkov

Tuesday, October 15th at Leopard Lounge 8pm-2am

Homegrown is a free weekly showcase of NYC¹s local up-and-coming DJ talent. Our sole purpose is to support New York City's thriving DJ scene. No attitudes. No discrimination based on experience. Simply an intimate setting where bedroom DJs get a shot at the spotlight and music heads get a chance to hear the unheard.

Every week all the DJs sets are recorded and then broadcasted on the web at www.metromixradio.com. Open call to DJs: come down and submit your demos for an opportunity to spin in the future. Four 60-minute slots are available each week to be filled by up-and-comers and bedroom DJs alike, not to mention some very special guests. Come out to support your local talent and have a good time.

:dj:

**Special Guests Alert**

Zoran: What do you do when you run into a group of dj's in the middle of an abandoned parking lot rattling a boxtruck with electronic bass lines and synths? You join them of course. After a few years...parking lots, underground garages, empty parks, abandoned buildings turned into clubs (Limelight, Tunnel, Vanity, True, Ohm, Roxy), lounges (Fred's Beauty, Leopard Lounge, Ja, Street, Opaline,Bar 169, Liquids, etc.), and beaches abroad (Primosten, Zablace -Croatia). Starting out at first with techno of a

minimal nature and shifting in and out of the structures of house and trance, Zoran has grown into a style utilizing any intelligent sound regardless of genres that can only be labeled as... electronic music.

While beginning his DJ career in Albany, Charlie Ruhle spent his summers discovering the NYC club scene, and with it, house music via the Dtour parties @ the Tunnel and SF Saturday/Sundays. Soon after, Twilo's spectacular lineups became his major influence. By this point he was addicted to electronic beats, and shopping feverishly for the best sounds out there. His style is eclectic, his influences many - from Derrick Carter to Marco Carola and everything in between: tech house, house, techno. He ranges from groovy to chunky to flat out hard, and he's been featured at such venues as the Leopard Lounge, Liquids, Limelight, Roxy, Jade Terrace, Orchard Bar, Hush (now discotheque), Izzy Bar, Bar 151, Lush, loft/private parties and more. His style varies, but the focus remains steady on quality

music and good times.

:direct: This weeks line up:

Kurtis Patrick 8-9 (tech house/progressive house)

Deekron 9-10 (techno/tech house)

Zoran 10-11 (tech house/house)

Charlie Ruhle 11-12 (tech house/house) :smoke:

Monro Secor 12-1 (techno)

Lasix 1-2 (techno)

Originally posted by ReginaP

i am, however, avoiding you at all costs ;)

*mental note* Regina will pay to avoid me....any costs.....hmm...I could use a few bucks and then I'll stay on the low for a bit!

everyone (except Regina) - PARTY = TOMORROW!!! come check it out, we got some good beats for ya!

Originally posted by charrails

*mental note* Regina will pay to avoid me....any costs.....hmm...I could use a few bucks and then I'll stay on the low for a bit!

everyone (except Regina) - PARTY = TOMORROW!!! come check it out, we got some good beats for ya!

sure I'll pay you....I am, after all, getting a free trip to Europe out of you :D When is it that we leave again? ;)