Clubplanet Nightlife Community

deko saturday review

It was good to see some people i havent seen in a while but I gotta say the music was pretty bad, alot worse than last week. A few good tunes were mixed in but nothing really - please, ATTN DJs out there!! STOP PLAYING DARK BEAT! And if you must, keep it under 15 mins. Im not hating on Richie cuz i know what he's capable of but it just was not top choice shit tonight. Ive heard him spin sick shit in the past and i know his prgramming is usually alot better...(i turn to you???...hmmmm) everyone i talked to seemed to agree. but regardless, i had a fun time hangin' with friends. And those NJ guido guys are fuckin' lame. they go up to girls they dont know and take pictures...come on bro, earn your stripes! Hahaha, i still had fun though because of the people i was with...next week should be better...

ok i agree and disagree with you. i admit i dont know where i turn to you came from but he made up with it by pulling depeche mode out of his ass. That was a good mix to me personally.

As far as NJguido guys. well was nice meeting Moo. Without disrespect I do kinda agree. I have pics of women 10 times better looking and I am friends with them LOL Maybe ill let you guys go through my Photo Album and use those pic i wont charge you lol.. I just dont think they will want you posting those pics. Plus i saw some of the chicks you took pics of. A few of them were bad for business.

i actually had one of the best times I had there in a while. I do think i need to get a life. Jim the guy who checks everyones ID asked where i was last week. Kinda bad when the guy who checks Id's notices you arent there.

Big Shot out to Matt MAngo for the drink tongiht, Joe and binoys too. Matt loved the hat. You pull off shit others would look stupid in. Next week we ARE going to play baseball. I know there is something in this life you cant pull off lol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hmmm JOe Jess Rose Adrianna JOe A binoys Jay Chris Neena Alan and everyone else. was there anyone esle there tonight or was it just scenery it sure as hell was all about us lol.

i hear ya and like i said he had a couple'a good moments, depeche, someone like u (sf classic, sick!), etc. good seeing binoy, jar, serge. tthanks to binoy as usual. hi laurie! haha, nice hanging with you sweetie. i wish i got there a little earlier to hear bugout.

bugout was definatly on point but i know he held back because he was opening. come see him and tooch sat night @ my party at Rio. dress down wed's PM me for guestlist and directions. its going to be a good party they wana a blow the shit up. No commercial shit and worrying about everything its for hard core clubbers.

Richie was definitely on point tonight. He is the kind of guy that plays for a crowd and dark beat is a song that a lot of people enjoy right now, regardless if it is played for 5 or 15 min. It's not something that is played out on KTU (not yet at least). Regardless, when you promote a place that is a lounge, it is essential to cater to an older, upscale crowd.. and many songs, whether they be new or old are perfect for that room and that is why Richie kept everyone moving at Deko for the entire night.

I also want to give Bugout credit for starting the night. Mike is an awesome dj and he set the tone for Richie tonight. Anyway...I had a great time tonight and I'm looking forward to seeing this party continue its success.

WHAT THE F*CK WENT ON TONIGHT IN DEKO MAN... I AM LIKE EVERYONE IN HERE MAN 50/50 TONIGHT...

THE GOOD=

-THE LADIES OF COURSE

-SANTANA MIXING IT UP, BUT HE DID GO A LIL COMMERCIAL AND SOFT ON US TONIGHT.. BUT STILL DID HIS THING

-THE PLACE WAS PACKED...

NOW THE BAD=

- THE STUPID STERIOD MONKEYS BREAKING OUT FIGHTS ALL NIGHT.. CMON GUYS KEEP THAT SHIT FOR OUTSIDE MAN,STOP TRYING 2 MESS UP EVERYONES NIGHTS.

- THE STUPID COUCH AND DANCING BLOCK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MAIN FLOOR... WHAT THE HELL IS THE PURPOSE,IT IS 2 SMALL IN THERE FOR THAT SHIT

- I MUST ADMIT THAT IT WAS ALOT OF SEXY LADIES IN THERE BUT TONIGHT WAS A SAUSAGE FEST...THERE WAS GUYS EVERYWHERE MANNNN

- NO ONE WAS REALLY DANCING LIKE THEY USUALLY DO

- THE WAIT AT THE LINE .. WHAT THE FUCK MAN I WAS ON A LIST AND IT STILL TOOK ME A WHILE 2 GET IN CUZ I DIDN'T HAVE A CHIC WITH ME...THE GUYS DONT WANNA LISTEN 2 SHIT I WAS TELLING EM THAT IM OM JOE A'S LIST AND ALL THEY DO IS SAY LADIES UP FRONT ..COUPLES UP FRONT. WHAT THE HELL WAS THEY BRINGING THOUGH GUYS WITH GUYS.. IT WAS LIKE 5 GUYS 2 EVERY GIRL TONIGHT

- JOEY ENUFF TAKING TEN YEARS 2 MAKE ME A GREY GOOSE AND REDBULL HAHAHAHA ONLY PLAYIN ENUFF I KNOW YA NEW 2 IT

WELL SORRY 2 HATE ON DEKO TONIGHT BUT IT WAS A BAD NIGHT MAN...LETS HOPE NEXT SAT IS BETTER

Originally posted by ericone

where is rio? maybe i'll come by...also what time does it close.

Rio is in woodbridge right off Fords Ave and Rt.1 pm me for directions from where you are coming from. Its closes at 2 am i think on wed night. This wed is MBMA MIke Bugout and Mark Amatucci. It is going to be a sick night. Guestlist no later than tuesday

i will admit it sucked seeing a fight in there. How did that old rock song go. Went to a party couldnt get laid so i started a fight" think its time for some people to grow up. Was slightly amusing. The two fat guys fighting then security couldnt get them apart.

I am very disappointed with a lot of the reviews from last night. I thought Richie played spectacular. People need to realize the age we are trying to cater too in that place. It is tough when u have people in there over 27 and women that are 21 and men that are 23 that go to every hot spot and know all the new and current tracks. I thought Richie played the perfect combination of those songs. I want you guys all to remember one thing. The biggest night in the summer at Temps other then the holiday weekends is Denny's Retro night. Wonder why??? Reason is cause there is so great tracks out there from 2 to 3 years ago and people just love to hear them. My Saturday party will have those tracks included every week. Remember what the reaction was a few years ago when "I Turn to You"was played well yesterday that reaction was there. As everyone knows my parties (like the SURF) are all about the music and I know what certain spots need to be successful and Richie did a phenomenal job when it came to the music last night. If someone didnt like it then they are really not going to like this party. I want everyone that was there the grand opening when Denny played and remember his song selection. It was all from this same era or older (Deep Chemical and tracks like that).

Now about being more guys then girls. For those who dont know it we keep double clickers outside keep tracking of both girls and guys for this problem. For everyones info there were more guys then girls last night approximately 30. Not bad for a club to run almost 50/50 on any given night. Plus the quality of woman at my parties exceed anything that can be imagined. About the wait outside while being on the guest list I apologize for that but I need you to realize one thing., Me, Joe A, Binoy, Willie and Joey Enuff and are friends are to blame for the more guys then girl problem at DEKO. We are all guys and we have guy friends that call us and ask to put us on the list and them knowing how beautiful the woman are at DEKO they decide to come without girls for the possibility of meeting the perfect 10. Well, just to let you guys know I sat down with all promoters before this night started anticipating this problem and told him that guest list or not if this problem ever arose even guest list people will wait. We turned away alot of guys last night and that was because they werent on the guest list and they were in groups of guys with no girls. Be prepared that next we are going to do that same thing with guys on the guest list.

Guest saleen351

What the saleen is hearing.

Now my older brother called me up and asked me about this deko lounge. Told me he heard you need girls to get in, fridays are ghetto. When my brother who is soooooooooooooooo far out of game, hears about this, then something is going well. Kinda like a little south beach thing going on, i like it. NJ needs this bad. I'm gonna have to agree with what stig said. That will weed out a lotta bs... And for the muisc, your right, my brother and his friends who are all over 25, don't wanna hear the newest hottest shit, they want some new with some old and what I refer to as "fun" tracks, i turn to you, derb, revolution etc... So keep doing what you are doing. Its a game to get in the clubs down here, you gotta be on top of it to get in. I once waited 20 mins to get in to see Danny Howells at crobar. All the other times I got in with no problem. Dress to impress, and if you don't have chickenheads with you, then go over board with your attire, wear a sport jacket. one week I went to the casbah in the taj and waited an hour to get in, the following week I wore my suit pants, my sports coat with a black turtle neck underneath and they let me cut the entire line.

all i say to the promoters of the club, is stick to your guns when it comes to the dress code. The min you let things slide, means its ova....

in my opinion bunka has always had the best looking and best dressed people in the clubs in nj...

ps deko your website sucks... the leaves make me feel i'm at a martha stewart site.. and i need some mother fucking pics. and I told you guys that njguido thing is not a good idea for temps or any club. we already are known as the cheese captial of amercia, and they don't help...

Well where do I start . . . I started out my night at attempting to go to BUNKA, but the guy at the door would NOT let one of my friends in due to her ID saying “CHANGE†How gay is that. It was a raining night and the parking lot was empty and you are going to be assholes about a CHANGE LICENSE and not take a Soc. Sec card as “back up†FUCKEN GAY* if you ask me :mad: . . . .So then we went over to DEKO, and man what can I say EVERYTHING DOES HAPPEN FOR A REASON :clap:

IT was about 11ish and as we pulled up there was already a line that continued down RT 35. I never was to DEKO before (due to certain circumstances) so I really wasn’t sure what to expect, and I was a little indecisive on going but nevertheless SERG & MURRY thank you very much for the personal extort right in. It was extremely appreciated. Binoy, Joe, Jerry, Will, you guys surprised me the way you carried yourselves VERY PROFESSIONAL! THANKS BOYZ. . . :D

Ericone I agree with you the NJ gudio boyz “fuckin' lame†but its all I in good fun, and maybe, just maybe they are shy and it’s the only way then can confront the opposite sex. :laugh: but Ericone, chillfactor, when it comes to the MUSIC Serg is right! It’s a “LOUNGE†so expect to hear “LOUNGE†type music! If you want to hear the “newest music†go to SF not a “lounge†I though that RICHIE accommodated the crowd perfectly. GOOD JOB RS. ;)

Oh and CHILLFACTOR it wasn’t that bad of a “SAUSAGE FEST†taking into account that the WEATHER was crappy, and well some gals melt in the rain. :laugh: Well I would have to say that with the Satisfaction, Convenience, Crowd, Music, Atmosphere, DEKO WAS AMAZING. You boyz just might see me back there. :tongue:

i know what you are all saying about the music and i see your points about catering to the crowd because the bottom line is youre trying to make $$$. But come on laurie, you musta said to me 10 times that you thought the music was not good!! kiss ass. haha. I'm not hating on richie at all. I think he's one of the best out there in NJ...no wonder he's the resident at the biggest, newest party. And every week it grows. All I'm saying is (and correct me if I'm wrong but a review is an OPINION) that the programming wasnt as on as usual (and ive heard him alot, trust me); especially because I know his personal style is alot harder too. Ask him what he'd rather play...cuz when im there i wanna hear what he wants to play. That's why i go out...to hear the DJ perform his own style and i like richie's style cuz i've heard him go off into his own thing and it was sick. fuck the crowd. haha

i also wanna state before anyone gets the wrong idea, i still love the party. Everyone running it has the utmost class and professionalism. The crowd is goodlooking and the vibe is nice (except for a few small fights that apparently broke out - i didnt see). I've been out there on a Saturday probably 4 0r 5 times since the party started in september and i always have fun. So just so you know (esp. binoy, jar, serg) im not hating cuz i love what you guys did with that place.:)

but Ericone, chillfactor, when it comes to the MUSIC Serg is right! It’s a “LOUNGE†so expect to hear “LOUNGE†type music! If you want to hear the “newest music†go to SF not a “lounge†I though that RICHIE accommodated the crowd perfectly. GOOD JOB RS. ;)

Oh and CHILLFACTOR it wasn’t that bad of a “SAUSAGE FEST†taking into account that the WEATHER was crappy, and well some gals melt in the rain. :laugh: Well I would have to say that with the Satisfaction, Convenience, Crowd, Music, Atmosphere, DEKO WAS AMAZING. You boyz just might see me back there. :tongue:

wow...maybe some of us werent in the same club???

I thought Richie laid down a nice mix of old and new...a lil taste of summer 2002, as well as summer's past, and also some new bangers (musicism what??!!) I cant really comment on the crowd too much b/c i stayed in one area of the club all night and didnt really walk around much...It was packkkeddd. Girls were impressive to say the least, I saw about 5 ladies who could become future x wives :laugh: I had such a great time, and I think its not only about the music or the crowd as a whole, but the company u keep. I was there with friends all goin crazy havin fun. When Mel C and SM TRAXX came on, i didnt say any:rolleyes: i saw more of :eek:

Spinning wise--I played till 11 and didnt rock anything major b/c that wasnt my job. Opening up i just wanted to set the stage for richie and let him tear it up, which he did. Thanks to those who came out early to check me out...if u missed me, I playing at METRO LOUNGE 2nite with Rich Rydell and then again this wednesday at RIO with tooch...

Much thanks to Sergio, Joey, Richie, Dmirty, Binoy, Jar, and the whole deko staff...i had a blast last nite :D

Mike Bugout

I am very surprised by some of these reviews but everyone has there own opinion. In my eyes this party has grown every single week, the front door is run by a great staff who are doing there best out there, I think some people fail to realize everyone is there trying to do a job, we are trying to keep this party even with guys and girls, so guys if you are gonna come out and have no girls there is only one simple option come out early!!! As for Richie Santana, in my opinion he rocked it, yes he dropped some old tracks, what is wrong with that? There was also plenty of new tracks in his set. Great job Richie and Mr. Bugout!!! Good to see Piro and Neena, Stardo, Laurie619- your review shocked me, thank you for the kind words and we are all glad you enjoyed the night. See you all next week for DJ Denny Tsettos and 2 special CP B-day's for DJdanfury and Hunnie818!!!

First of all - I thought DEKO was ridiculous last night! It was absolutely INSANE. Richie BLEW UP and played alot of great classics I wasnt expecting to hear. As far as the night goes, I have no complaints, excepts for the guy dancing on the couch and was moving sooo much I couldnt sit,lol. I cant believe some of the reviews...This party has been going strong since its opening and hasnt missed a step at all. Sergio, Binoys, Joe A and all the others do such a great job maintaining the PERFECT mix of who is in there and making sure everyone has a good time.;)

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

First of all - I thought DEKO was ridiculous last night! It was absolutely INSANE. Richie BLEW UP and played alot of great classics I wasnt expecting to hear. As far as the night goes, I have no complaints, excepts for the guy dancing on the couch and was moving sooo much I couldnt sit,lol. I cant believe some of the reviews...This party has been going strong since its opening and hasnt missed a step at all. Sergio, Binoys, Joe A and all the others do such a great job maintaining the PERFECT mix of who is in there and making sure everyone has a good time.;)

true, as i said it's a great party. my initial review was a drunken post, haha. but i always have a great time and it's a great party. no doubt. oh and binoy, fix the sign on the front of the building!!bitch!!!!!! hahaha

i had a blast last night...i like going out to hear new music, but last night richie did a good job...some new some old....had me moving...good seeing everyone again and meeting some of you guys.....bmw4jay(u serve elephant k?), joeyjuice(i dont think that mexican liked you too much....lol), doubleplay(always a good time....next time we'll hit the diner up or some sicko afterhours...little far from my house though lol), bugout(def will be there this wed at rio for you and tooch), piro & neena(congrats), and thanks to the staff....armenio, binoy, will, sergio...good job guys.....except you armenio j/k.....because of you i never made it to SF....thanks for getting me drunk...again lol

Originally posted by ericone

i know what you are all saying about the music and i see your points about catering to the crowd because the bottom line is youre trying to make $$$. But come on laurie, you musta said to me 10 times that you thought the music was not good!! kiss ass. haha. I'm not hating on richie at all. I think he's one of the best out there in NJ...no wonder he's the resident at the biggest, newest party. And every week it grows. All I'm saying is (and correct me if I'm wrong but a review is an OPINION) that the programming wasnt as on as usual (and ive heard him alot, trust me); especially because I know his personal style is alot harder too. Ask him what he'd rather play...cuz when im there i wanna hear what he wants to play. That's why i go out...to hear the DJ perform his own style and i like richie's style cuz i've heard him go off into his own thing and it was sick. fuck the crowd. haha

NO NO NO Eric I'm not that type of person to KISS ASS and I think everyone on this board knows it....IF A LOUNGE/CLUB/DJ/BOUNCERS...ECT SUCK I'll TELL ya THE TRUTH. AND YES I THOUGHT THAT THE MUSIC WAS OLD, BUT I WAS AT A LOUNGE SO I'm NOT GOING TO "BASH" it! As most of you know I have been going out with my "non club" friends more and more, and well I kind of lost contact with whats new music and whats old, dont get me wrong I'm still the mp3 whore :D but if its Tiki Room, Spring Loung, Sutton Place, or even the Fat Black Pussycat (right michael) :laugh: :laugh: I just alter my mood to fit ;)

LAME? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE? WHERE DID YOU COME FROM? NJGUIDO.COM EXISTS BECAUSE IT DOCUMENTS OUR LOVE FOR NEW JERSEY AND NEW YORK CLUBS. WE ARE NOT TRYING TO IMPRESS YOU. WE TAKE PICTURES OF PEOPLE HAVING FUN, NOT PICTURES OF JUST GOOD LOOKING PEOPLE. DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT I USE MY CAMERA TO TALK TO WOMEN? 90% OF OUR PICTURES ARE PEOPLE THAT ASK US TO TAKE THEIR PICTURE. HOPEFULLY ONE DAY YOU WILL LOOK BACK TO NJGUIDO.COM TO HELP YOU REMEMBER HOW MUCH FUN YOU HAD. THAT IS OUR GOAL.

ANTHONY "MOO"

WWW.NJGUIDO.COM

DKNY you didnt know that guy. I thoughth he was there with you. sorry lol

I actually had a great time last night. wasnt the crazy drunken i cant remember shot night. was just chill and had a great time. I thought the music was good. Didnt like turn to you but thats just me i never liked that somg so cant slam someone for playing a song i dont like. Moo i was just kidding you seem like an alright guy. Agree with you on taking a variety of pictures. Would be boring if it was the smae people over and over. besides we all love NJGUIDO

whitcamaro. def like the CD man. As far as afterhours or a diner got to think about that. Might need to save a week or two for gas money for that long 8 or 10 block ride to your neighborhood. LOL

get in touch w / me tomorrow about wed ngiht

Oh yeah Bugout this CD is fuckin Sick

Deko Saturday is a bangin' party...every week. Ive been goin pretty strong, and I have to say I have more and more fun each time. This is the only Saturday party in NJ that I'm interested in, and I think the promoters and staff are really doing a good job at keepin this party top-notch.

I think Richie did a good job last nite, makin people groove. Absolutely loved when he was rippin up Safe From Harm. Face it people, you're not gonna hear all new music out in Jersey, especially during the Fall/Winter. It was nice seeing everyone again, too many to name. Thanks again to Joe A, Binoy and Serge for makin it happen. I'll see ya next week. .

Originally posted by themoo

LAME? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE? WHERE DID YOU COME FROM? NJGUIDO.COM EXISTS BECAUSE IT DOCUMENTS OUR LOVE FOR NEW JERSEY AND NEW YORK CLUBS. WE ARE NOT TRYING TO IMPRESS YOU. WE TAKE PICTURES OF PEOPLE HAVING FUN, NOT PICTURES OF JUST GOOD LOOKING PEOPLE. DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT I USE MY CAMERA TO TALK TO WOMEN? 90% OF OUR PICTURES ARE PEOPLE THAT ASK US TO TAKE THEIR PICTURE. HOPEFULLY ONE DAY YOU WILL LOOK BACK TO NJGUIDO.COM TO HELP YOU REMEMBER HOW MUCH FUN YOU HAD. THAT IS OUR GOAL.

ANTHONY "MOO"

WWW.NJGUIDO.COM

and youre doing us a real service. we nj clubgoers thank you for capturing us at our finest moments so we can look back and reflect on the fun times we had with absolute strangers. because if there's something i will be proud of years down the road, it will be that i was an njguido.

also, "lame" is just an opinion bro. dont get upset. i go to all the same places, same fun times, and i'm definitely into it as much as you guys, if not more. to me, i guess it just seems like this is a way to get yourselves attention and meet chicks....i guess i'm wrong on that... :idea: