Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what is UP with "shiny disco balls," already?

weyes

i remember first reading about that track months ago on the miami board. i've heard it now the last three times i've been out, and twice on one of those nights. there are some songs that i could listen to over and over, but some get tired really quickly. and i think that a song should never be played twice in a night. djs should be paying attention to each other and yanking songs from their sets, if need be. it just spoils the vibe and the song, for me, at least. (seriously, once i was out and heard "one more time" played by all three djs. i was also miffed 'cause my dj - who will remain nameless - didn't even show. and why was i hearing that song in a supposedly respectable club, anyway? sigh.)

grrr... if i hear "shiny disco balls" when i go to red again (at arena, for those who don't know) this friday, things is gonna get ugly :punch: .

Things really get ridiculous durring conference when you have multiple DJ's doing 45min sets.

You could walk around Space last year and if you picked your rooms in the proper order, listen to "It Began in Africaaaaaaa...." until your head exploded. Then you could recover to "What the Fuck, fuck, fuck fuck.....(star 69) until the sun came up.

Originally posted by shroomy

You could walk around Space last year and if you picked your rooms in the proper order, listen to "It Began in Africaaaaaaa...." until your head exploded. Then you could recover to "What the Fuck, fuck, fuck fuck.....(star 69) until the sun came up.

So True :rolleyes::laugh:

I mean, I liked those songs, but man......

I guess they were just trying to appeal to those people who don't go from room to room all night :confused:

Guest saleen351

you live in LA don't you? well LA is a really behind in music. I use to check out the la board and other la message boards and the stuff they talked about was so old. Shiny disco balls, came out in like june, but was being play sooner then that... I've never been out there, but from my friends who live there and party there, its lame...2am closing time, no good music etc....

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sunnyhost

How horrible:( that means you have to go out like at 10 to have a give urself time to get into it etc.....yick:blank:

the jersey shore is 4am, but the winter clubs are 2am, but you have late night in New York and Atlantic city... Philly closes at 2am as well and they all head to AC since its 24/7. So at least we have some where to go for late night. I don't know about LA though, hopefully they have a late night town to party in...

I've never been out there, but from my friends who live there and party there, its lame...2am closing time, no good music etc....

Where do your friends go? Everytime i go out its usually over between 4am - 6am and sometimes until 9am. Alcohol is not served after 2am but the party goes on til at least 4.

About the music, LA books the most of the same talent that Miami books. I dont want to get into this is place is better than this place because i dont believe in that childish shit. LA is LA and Miami is Miami (different experiences). Shiny Disco Balls has been played here for months now and i agree it did get played out already.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sandiegino

I've never been out there, but from my friends who live there and party there, its lame...2am closing time, no good music etc....

Where do your friends go? Everytime i go out its usually over between 4am - 6am and sometimes until 9am. Alcohol is not served after 2am but the party goes on til at least 4.

About the music, LA books the most of the same talent that Miami books. I dont want to get into this is place is better than this place because i dont believe in that childish shit. LA is LA and Miami is Miami (different experiences). Shiny Disco Balls has been played here for months now and i agree it did get played out already.

Well you got to understand all my friends that moved there (and all moved back) came from the nyc/nj scene, so of course its lame to them... But for midwest joe smoe it might be great. And once alchohol is not served the party is ova!!!!!! Its sad that the jersey shore is open later then the city of L.A.

but some places i've been are dry counties, no alcohol in stores or clubs or bars and places like conn or arizona have 12am and 1am closing times...

It's like that in Michigan too...... LAME 2AM CLOSING TIMES:rolleyes:

And Ft. Myers, Florida too. I went there to visit a girlie friend of mine and she was like, we have to get ready to go out..... it was only 8pm. I'm like WHAT..... she said everyone goes to the clubs at 9 or 10 cuz shit closes at 2am.... WTF:confused: :rolleyes:

I was in LA once so I didn't really get to go out - but I have friends out there now and I promised to come out there next year.

Lola:D

But for midwest joe smoe it might be great. And once alchohol is not served the party is ova!!!!!!

True, if alcohol is the only thing bringing you to a club. Me, im there to drink and experience the music with the company of my friends. When the alcohol is gone i still have the music and my friends.

True, if alcohol is the only thing bringing you to a club. Me, im there to drink and experience the music with the company of my friends. When the alcohol is gone i still have the music and my friends.

True...but at that point if u were drinking and buzzed 2 begin with, ur buzz starts leaving and u start getting tired

Guest saleen351

But for midwest joe smoe it might be great. And once alchohol is not served the party is ova!!!!!!

well then, you'd love Vinly in NYC, no liquor at all....

alchohol is a derpressant. once you stop drinking, its all over... time to go home...

It happens, but not too often and its usually someone im out with that gets burned out before me.

BTW, i will be in Miami in two weeks and cant wait to get FUBAR with all the party ppl of Miami.

I know for sure ill be at

Friday 10/25 - Marco V@Space

Thursday 10/31 - Danny Howells@Spin

I still need plans for 10/28 - 10/30 - any suggestions?

i don't wanna get into the "this city is better than city" thing, either, but do understand that we get the big djs, too. we didn't until the past few years, i hear, but sasha, digweed, tiesto (a lot), deep dish, saeed and palash, james zabiela, junior vasquez, pvd, and all the "big (or whatever)" people come here, just as they do to miami. and we have good local djs, too. of course, we don't have as many clubs as nyc, but we're a smaller place. i like the vibe here a whole lot, as people are really friendly, nice, and unpretentious (in the clubs i go to, not all), whereas that vibe was hard for me to find in nyc. but i agree with a friend of mine out here that nyc has better dancers than la does :laugh2: .

anyway, i say all of that calmly and just as i see it. i don't hate any town, and certainly can't say anything at all about miami, 'cause i've never been there. my only other frame of reference is nyc, where i'm from.

all in all, i think the club scene everywhere just has a lot of problems. there's a lot of bullshit in every city, and each of our beliefs that one city has more bullshit than another is only based on the particular clubs to which we've been, and only on those particular nights. clubs have off-nights, and clubs aren't necessarily representative of their cities. as i said, there are probably plenty of snobby clubs in l.a., but i've never been to one. a lot of it is luck of the draw, especially when you're just visiting for a short time. so, if any of you are coming this way, let the la cpers know, even though there aren't many of us. we'll let you know what's up!