Clubplanet Nightlife Community

visiting Miami?

liquidgrl

I think it depends on what you like. I'm from NYC and I was never fond of the clubbing experience there. Never a fan of Tunnel or Twilo or Exit or...(fill it in). When I lived there I really hung out at lounges and went to places like Roseland or Bowery when guys like Oakey or BT came to town. (Okay, maybe also Centro-Fly when Morillo was in town). Otherwise, I headed elsewhere for my clubbing fix. Miami, on the other hand, is the closest place I've come to in the US that reminds me of Ibiza. A number of places have multiple rooms spinning different types of music. From what I've learned in my short time on the Miami board is, everyone has very strong opinions about each club down here. If you have the time, just check out as many as you can for yourself. That's the best advice I can give. That way you'll know what you like and don't like for future reference. There are a number of promoters on this board that helped me out when I first moved here and I'm sure they'd be willing to assist you on your visit.

Originally posted by bugaloooo

ugh-Hello

ONGAKU! on Fri

ongakuflyeroct182002.jpg

Space on Sat

attachment.php?postid=943005attachment.php?postid=1083399

(Roland & Oscar G in the Patio where I be)

attachment.php?postid=1074490

OOOOPS , SORRY BOOGS :D IM JUST SO FOCUSED ON SATURDAY I 4GOT WHUT IM DOING ON FRIDAY :cool: YUP YUP , RED IS A KICK ASS PLACE TO HANG, DANCE & LISTEN TO ONE OF THE BADDEST MOTHAFUCKIN DJ'S DJ STRYKE !!! & THE KICK ASS DJ'S THAT OPEN UP 4 HIM !! THATS WHERE ILL BE :D:cool:

Originally posted by liquidgrl

I'll be visiting Miami for a week.. any ideas where should I start my partying?

I'll be coming from NYC, hows Miami in comparison?

hun if u like mid 20 something guys who are balding and only bring out $40 a night PM me, i know all about SOBE.

JESSE'S RECOMMENDATIONS (OFFICIAL CP GREETER)

FRIDAYS

Red- Stryke spinning very good tech. (opening DJ's vary); good vibe, good crowd and cheap drink specials; a must if u are visiting here

Spin- Great house music; usually have special DJ's lined up

Crobar- Good house music; vibe not so good; what Sobeton called a "lounge trying to pass itself as a club"

SATURDAY

Crobar- See above comment

Space- Fawkin great house music; has an Ibiza styled patio with great house music; Oscar G- Main room and Roly- Patio; 24 hr liquor license; almost always has a special event every week; alot of the NYers say it is the closest to a NY styled club we have here; YOU MUST CHECK THIS PLACE OUT!!!!

SUNDAY

Nikki Beach Club- chillin vibe; club actually on the beach (like with sand:tongue: ); good place to recover from the weekend

HONORABLE MENTION:

Lola (saturday)- a lounge with good deep house (DHM); reasonable drinks; good vibe; a great starting off point

Wet Willies- not a club or anything but great frozen drinks that will FUCK YOU UP!!! two stories high right on Ocean drive; a nice place to relax after a long day of sunbathing on the beach; good place to meet locals and get FUCKED UP!!!!:D

hope that this has helped u....this has been a message from: Jesse "Official CP Miami Greeter" (as voted by Meli2444, Laliux and Sunnyhost:tongue: )