Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Holy Shit...The OFFICIAL DJ Tiesto Review

acura

Originally posted by mssabina

haha don't brag, you're making us all jealous ;)

dan, the first time we saw you that night, i recognized you when you stopped robin and he looks over to me like "who the hell is this?"... helloooooo it's digitaldan! duh. don't mind him, old man he is, the senility gets to him sometimes... lol :tongue:

:cool:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mssabina

haha don't brag, you're making us all jealous ;)

dan, the first time we saw you that night, i recognized you when you stopped robin and he looks over to me like "who the hell is this?"... helloooooo it's digitaldan! duh. don't mind him, old man he is, the senility gets to him sometimes... lol :tongue:

ya, robin did look like he was feelin it already when i saw you guys... i think the next time you saw me was when everyone was cracked out in the 8 am light so that wouldn't surprise me either :laugh: ... see you fools at PVD and hopefully we can hang out some more

Originally posted by legend38

Lemme start off by thanking Bob Goodrich, Roxy Scott and the rest of the Roxy staff who has been nothing but kind and hospitable to us. Alot of people don't realize the good that Bob Goodrich is doing for this scene right now.

What a sick night. Anyone who said they will not attend Roxy for international talent because "of the usual Roxy crowd" , would prove to be sorely mistaken. Last night Roxy was packed from wall to wall with educated Trance and Tiesto fans. The club was not at all overly packed, there was the perfect amount of dance space and yet the club was still crowded.

Noel Sanger opened up with a sick set;the guys mixing,progression,programming,track selection, etc. was flawless. He played a lil harder around 1:45 and had the crowd ready for Tiesto. Me and Deb had an opportunity to talk to Noel towards the end of the night. The guy is a real class act. We got pics and autographs and conversed for about 30 minutes. He has a cd coming out pretty soon.

The Phazon was tweaked, the club was looking tight with the visual displays, and the crowd was ready. The vibe was there; I haven't felt the vibe in a while. It's reincarnation was immense .

3 oclock came all too soon and Tiesto took the reigns. Shout out to Roninmess who started 2 HUGE Tiesto chants. Tiesto bounced in the booth the whole time;his set was a masterful. From Opening to 635 when we left i was not bored once, nor could I stop moving. :bounce:

Met some new people, Zeeker and wallflour are the only names I can muster up. The Roxy faithfuls represented strong: Deb,Bugout,Rob,Sabina,Lynne,Alan,Mike,Art,Steve,Randall,Dimitri.Karch where were you?!Sorry if I forgot anyone, but my head is splitting at the time being. It was nice to see some newer faces, sorry i cannot remember your names.

Also nice seeing Serg,Jay,Bogb,Tamara,pk1,nympho69,DaVe

Saw some trancEaddict heads as well :)

That is all i can conjure up for the time being. If last night was even a MERE indication of what Roxy has in store for us this fall and winter, the scene in NYC is about to get a whole lot more interesting.

Larry

Mike Bindra & Roxy Scott along with Roxy's management put this project together - Bobby & ALUV are doing the Sasha /Carl Cox nights.....let give credit to the right people....i wish i could have gone....but i had to work @ discotheque ...Dom Capello &

A Mendez did a very good job fri night ...and i think fridays @ discotheque are going to be successful (Tribal / Deep House)

peace

ta

Originally posted by thorinaiello

Mike Bindra & Roxy Scott along with Roxy's management put this project together - Bobby & ALUV are doing the Sasha /Carl Cox nights.....let give credit to the right people....i wish i could have gone....but i had to work @ discotheque ...Dom Capello &

A Mendez did a very good job fri night ...and i think fridays @ discotheque are going to be successful (Tribal / Deep House)

peace

ta

I'm not takin away from anyone, I was including Bindra and the rest of the people in "roxy staff" but I guess that was a blunder on my part; they really aren't roxy staff.

Regardless, I'm giving credit to the people at Roxy for taking care of us like they always have, not taking credit away from anyone.

Originally posted by lilliz77

Reading your reviews I am more excited now than ever for Tiesto here in Chi-town coming this Saturday the 26th. He will be at a Spundae Halloween event and I got my tickets today. I can't wait. Thanks for the awesome reviews and something to look forward to. :)

nice name

:blank:

I would also like to thank Bob Goodrich and Roxy Scott..

"After giving robin, larry and debbie "the wave" we rolled in and met up with THE MAN (not tiesto, hes not human) Bobby Goodrich." LOL Mike!!! hahahaha

I agree with everyone, lol sick night. I couldnt dance anymore b/c my feet were killllllling me. Stupid me wore heels. Oh well, my bad.. Now I know, sneakers for PVD!!!

It was reat seeing the normal crew (beginning of the anterage) Larry, Bugout and Rob

and great also meetin up with everyone else.. Sabina, Lynne, Alan, Mike, Art, Steve, Randall and Dimitri.

It was nice to meet Zeeker, wallflour, Bogb nympho69, Dave, Serg and pk1.

Here is Noels signature...attachment.php?s=&postid=1089096

Tiesto was great..........had prob one of the best nights I have ever had at a club. Crowd was great, not tooo packed, it was definetly worth the $40 bucks. It was good to see all the Cper's..Larry, Debbie, Lynne, Bugout, Alan, Mike, Steve, Art, Carl, Robin, Sabina, Jay, and it was cool to meet some new heads, Pk1, sorry i cant remember your name but it was nice to meet you....Overall....great night,,,,got there around 12:30ish and non-stop danced till 6:45 when I left.....GREAT night.....:D

Originally posted by randall16

Tiesto was great..........had prob one of the best nights I have ever had at a club. Crowd was great, not tooo packed, it was definetly worth the $40 bucks. It was good to see all the Cper's..Larry, Debbie, Lynne, Bugout, Alan, Mike, Steve, Art, Carl, Robin, Sabina, Jay, ......

lol glad to hear that it was good to see me at roxy... :tongue:

Well I was looking at him screaming his name .,

Dancing to the music...

The music was out of this world..

and he played a lot longer than expected.

I also met some really incredible people that night.

I was around the Bar at 1 but i don't really know what any of you look like so it was really wierd.

Roxy's system was AMAZING, Tiesto on the PJHAZON was amazing.

The people in attendence were amazing.. I really think some of the best music lovers and nicest people were there.

Love was in the air.. and God Honestly I have been clubbing for a long long time, and attending Raves since 96' I have never met such nice people and felt such a closeness to a DJ in my life.

I have hope in the world once again.

I love you all, even those of you i did not meet, the fact that you were there, you contributed to a great atmosphere,

LOVE.

Miracle

Lets Hope Tiesto comes back to NY and back to Roxy soon,'

Originally posted by thorinaiello

peace

ta

we have other reasons for thankin bobby. Definitely props to every single person for putting together this amazing lineup though!

I know this is a little late in coming, but just had to say tiesto, his smiles, the set, roxy lights, phazon, the vibe, it was all great! i was a little afraid because of the things I had heard previously about roxy, but for my first night, and my first time at tiesto, everythng was perfect. oh and i saw that photo op with tiesto when he did that thoughtful pose with the magazine...mad funny!!

King Hill-Sugarhigh

Flash-The Day After (Perfecto mix)

Tangled Universe - Melodies from the Universe

Flash-Closing Session

Vimana-We came

Viframa-Cristalle

Renato Cohen-Pontepe

Mark Norman-Faith

Cygnus X-Orange Theme (Moonman's Orange juice mix)

DJ Tomcraft-Loneliness

Plastic Boy-Silver bath

GOURYELLA-GOURYELLA

DJ Tiesto-Lethal Industry

Paul Oakenfold-Southern Sun (Tiesto mix)

DJ Tiesto-Flight 643

Stamina-Skywalker

Chemical Brothers-Battle Weapon 6

Andain-Summer Calling(Airwave mix)

Jericho-Personal Reflection

Nalin & Kane-Open you eyes (club rework)

Age Of love - Age Of love was (Mr Sams Remix)

Three Drives-Carrera 2

D-Note - Shed My Skin (Mr Sam Remix)

Midway-Monkey Forest

Megamind-Taub 2002

Fire and Ice - Neverending Melody

Body-Shock - Break This

Moby-Extreme Ways (Tiesto dub)

and the encores: at 7am

Umek-Gatex(Tiesto mix)

Cygnus X-Clockwork Orange Theme (mix????)

Here's some more stuff he played.

Body-Shock - Break This

Andain - Summer Calling (Airwave CLUB Mix)

Midway - Monkey Forest

some of the songs he played that night.

Originally posted by minneec

King Hill-Sugarhigh

Flash-The Day After (Perfecto mix)

Flash-Closing Session

Vimana-We came

Viframa-Cristalle

Renato Cohen-Pontepe

Mark Norman-Faith

Cygnus X-Orange Theme (Moonman's Orange juice mix)

DJ Tomcraft-Loneliness

Plastic Boy-Silver bath

GOURYELLA-GOURYELLA

DJ Tiesto-Lethal Industry

Paul Oakenfold-Southern Sun (Tiesto mix)

DJ Tiesto-Flight 643

Stamina-Skywalker

Chemical Brothers-Battle Weapon 6

Andain-Summer Calling(Airwave mix)

Jericho-Personal Reflection

Nalin & Kane-Open you eyes (club rework)

Age Of love - Age Of love was (Mr Sams Remix)

Three Drives-Carrera 2

D-Note - Shed My Skin (Mr Sam Remix)

Midway-Monkey Forest

Megamind-Taub 2002

Fire and Ice - Neverending Melody

Body-Shock - Break This

Moby-Extreme Ways (Tiesto dub)

and the encores: at 7am

Umek-Gatex(Tiesto mix)

Cygnus X-Clockwork Orange Theme (mix????)

Here's some more stuff he played.

Body-Shock - Break This

Andain - Summer Calling (Airwave CLUB Mix)

Midway - Monkey Forest

some of the songs he played that night.

Tranceaddict kids know their shit

I was a Tiesto's website..

What are you going to do this New Year's eve?

I always wanted to play in New York on new years eve, so....maybe this year.......

so he might be playing this year? That would be so fantastic.

Oh my god i hope he comes back.

TIESTO

Yup i was that girl on my bf's shoulders screaming "Tiesto I LOVE YOU"

Originally posted by jjcbebe

I was a Tiesto's website..

What are you going to do this New Year's eve?

I always wanted to play in New York on new years eve, so....maybe this year.......

so he might be playing this year? That would be so fantastic.

Oh my god i hope he comes back.

TIESTO

Yup i was that girl on my bf's shoulders screaming "Tiesto I LOVE YOU"

he is definitely coming to NYC for NYE!:D

after a 2 month leave from the clubbing scene, i couldn't have asked for much better night to comeback to :D

i don't have much else to add that hasn't been said already. everything exceeded my expectations. the phazon was much improved, the crowd was "happy" :laugh: reminded me a lot of the PVD crowd at SF, the lights and visuals were hot, and tiesto did a surprising encore. i got a pic w/ him, and minneec got an autographed poster.

yesh yesh the looong bus ride and exorbitant cover were worth it. hopefully i'll meet more of you at PVD. i recognized some of you from Area2 and Sasha.

here's a shot of hitokiri24, minneec, and i from that night

jay_mindy_ct.jpg

Originally posted by hitokiri24

also i wanna find the track that noel sanger dropped it was the track right before tiesto came on very trancy.... uhm.... sasha played it on his live set at Privilage Manumission round the 30min i dunno it tho it goes like ...your in light...oO(i dunno clueless...) its mad hot any help pls:tongue:

does anyone know which one this was??? I was just listening to the Sasha set and it is definitely a cool track.

Originally posted by barosoap

after a 2 month leave from the clubbing scene, i couldn't have asked for much better night to comeback to :D

i don't have much else to add that hasn't been said already. everything exceeded my expectations. the phazon was much improved, the crowd was "happy" :laugh: reminded me a lot of the PVD crowd at SF, the lights and visuals were hot, and tiesto did a surprising encore. i got a pic w/ him, and minneec got an autographed poster.

yesh yesh the looong bus ride and exorbitant cover were worth it. hopefully i'll meet more of you at PVD. i recognized some of you from Area2 and Sasha.

here's a shot of hitokiri24, minneec, and i from that night

jay_mindy_ct.jpg

I recognize you.. we didnt actually meet but you bumped into me and said sorry.. lol

I recognize the guy in the red shirt. The bigger pic is what i was wearing for Tiesto it was a White whirt with flowers and exaggerated bell sleeves. i also has on glo bracelets.

ok well i hope that helped. I was also ravign with heels on. tons were askign me how i do that,

Originally posted by bebby6919

I recognize you.. we didnt actually meet but you bumped into me and said sorry.. lol

yes! i remember that! sorry, i was all over the place, but i'll be better at pvd. ;) oh, you and your bf are a very cute couple btw.

Originally posted by jjcbebe

I recognize the guy in the red shirt.

That's Jay, hitokiri24, the girl in the middle is Mindy, minneec, and I'm Christina, the girl on the right.

Originally posted by zeeker

does anyone know which one this was??? I was just listening to the Sasha set and it is definitely a cool track.

i think we IDed it to be Underworld - "Two Months Off" male vocals singing "you bring light in..." and he might've also dropped Junkie XL - "Breezer"

Anyway, here's the tracklisting w/ times from the Sasha set. It starts at 95 min b/c someone had spun b4 him. Enjoy!

Sasha (1 hour 30 minutes) Live at Privilege 8/02

95:38 intro

98:50 Dark Suite ft. Aura - "Dark Sweet Piano [Dr Kucho Weekend Remix]" (Illustrious)

104:49 Iio - "Made At The End [scumfrog Remix]" (white label)

112:08 Classified Project - "Eyecatcher [snafu Mix]" (Sadie Records)

117:06 Junkie XL - "Breezer" (white label)

125:37 Underworld - "Two Months Off [King Unique Remix]" (JBO records)

132:31 Dot Allison - "We're Only Science [slam Remix]" (white label)

139:40 Barry Van Gardigen - "Resolution" (Sadie Records)

145:20 Yunus - "Euprates" (white label)

151:44 Head Honcho - "Walls of Jericho [slacker Mix]" (white label)

158:39 Rise - "Mode" (white label)

165:03 Sasha & Junkie XL - "Beauty" (white label)

172:53 Chemical Brothers - "Electronic Battle Weapon 6" (Freestyle Dust)

181:29 Sasha vs Underworld - "Xpander vs Cowgirl" (white label)