Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My saturday night review....

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

Well, we skipped Space. Ever have one of those nights where your crew just can't get it together and your plan doesn't come together like the A- Team... Well we skipped space. Gotta get shit together for Bizs bd.... Can't wait to see what they have in store on the patio..

But let me tell you. The other day I said Lauderdale is starting picking up. The place was on fire last night. I've never seen so much hot ass in my entire life, then I did last night. Met some djs and lights guys. Got the vip treatment at a few places. Had a absoulte blast... Now I know 80% of yous live in the miami sobe area and rarely venture up here. Here are some tracks I heard last night, and you tell me if lauderdale is cheese

dark beat

murk circles.

oscar g Space < OG I need the other 2 mixes of it. I don't have LES's mix.

Hypnotized Styrke

Jurgen Viries- The theme

underworld 2 months off..

basment jacks, get off

Cassius - The Sound Of Violence (narcotic thrust remix).mp3

Different Gear - A Little Bit Paranoid (Original Mix).mp3 < i think it was a dub...

CYN 5- Fantasy Reality (Side A).mp3

and many others that I can't remember. Mixing was good, not spectatular but heres the kicker, the crowd was loving it. Yea it was in a drunk stumbling mess kind of crowd, but none the less it was a great music. Yea it didn't get hard enough for my tastes, but let me tell you, and many many many many others I spoke to last night all agreed, there was no home boys on the corner with their ruba dub dubs and their credit cars.. Girls every where, yea I get hooked up with most drinks, but when I do pay its only 4 bucks... There is an open bar every night of the week down there, and there is no BS, you show your ID, you dress decent, you get in. SOBE IS DONE!!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER GO BACK, UNLESS ITS A HUGE EVENT.... Just not worth it. Too scary in sobe and its too dirty.

Now I've seen a lot of djs in my time, from nj, to the hamptons to nyc to miaimi to lauderdale. I was in this new bar, called BAR, and these two guys were jamming!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best raw talent I've ever seen!!!! So good I got their card. I got to speak to them for a while, they only met 3 weeks ago, ones a dj the other plays the drums... Played all hard tribal and the other dude banged it out with the drums.. We've all seen this done before but these guys were really good....... This is patio material, if i've ever seen it....The hog will back me up on this one. The had a vibe going on in there and it was awesome. It was like Oscar g meets Bob Marley... It was Jammoning man!!!!!!!

My offcial prediction, is that since there is too many djs and the beach is in serious financial trouble. Basically these semi well known djs are gonna have to start playing the "cheesy" places for dirt cheep money. Its only a matter of time, that talent is comming to lauderdale. Edgar V already plays or did play lauderdale, and i looked up reviews from a long time, ago, people like Steve lawler played there and others... times are changing.

Just my 2 cents...

Have fun in sobe, I won't be there....

oh and even the transexuals are comming to lauderdale, some guy/girl flashed me and hog her tits... Not bad for a guy:laugh:

Originally posted by saleen351

Ever have one of those nights where your crew just can't get it together and your plan doesn't come together like the A- Team... Well we skipped space.

I hate it when that happens! :mad:

Glad to hear you had a blast!

That's why I pin my hopes on Downtown. I can enjoy myself and not have to hike up to broward. Besides, I'm like 5 minutes up the road from Space nowadays.

I go to the beach nowadays, and I go direct to the clubs if at all possible. I hate milling about on the streets. All the bling-bling folk driving around, irritating the hell out of me, and otherwise making a nuisance of themselves. I was reading an article in The Street once, and the columnist was complaining about the same thing, saying that there should be a giant velvet rope on the MacArthur causeway. If you're driving an Escalade/H2/H1/lowered anything, they'll turn you away and send you to coconut grove. The columnist also lamented the fact that every night is a bloody hip-hop night in some places, with some venues being almost exclusively that.

Does anyone see things changing?

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

That's why I pin my hopes on Downtown. I can enjoy myself and not have to hike up to broward. Besides, I'm like 5 minutes up the road from Space nowadays.

I go to the beach nowadays, and I go direct to the clubs if at all possible. I hate milling about on the streets. All the bling-bling folk driving around, irritating the hell out of me, and otherwise making a nuisance of themselves. I was reading an article in The Street once, and the columnist was complaining about the same thing, saying that there should be a giant velvet rope on the MacArthur causeway. If you're driving an Escalade/H2/H1/lowered anything, they'll turn you away and send you to coconut grove. The columnist also lamented the fact that every night is a bloody hip-hop night in some places, with some venues being almost exclusively that.

Does anyone see things changing?

Very well said...

The only way things will change is when hotels and local businesses find them selves having vacantcies. A guy a few weeks ago called up Howard Stern on the radio show, and complained about the bling bling and said he'd never go back to sobe. I didn't hear it but hog who told me the story said, that tons of people called into the show and all said that it is wayyyyyyyyyy too ghetto and non will go back....

Saleen is Sutra the club located inside the Voodoo Lounge or am I mistaking it with another club on Las Olas? When I was there a few weeks ago on a Friday night the DJ was playing some good Progressive, Deep, and Tribal music, but it seemed like the Hip Hop rooms were fuller (they had a Hip Hop club, and a Hip Hop lounge, though both were playing the same type of Hip Hop hits).

No offense, but comparing Las Olas to South Beach? Las Olas is full of little kiddies, is not nearly as interesting as South Beach, and while you can stroll down for 30 mins around SoBe, it takes about 5 mins to stroll around Las Olas.

Don't get me wrong, there are some nice places on Las Olas (and like you said it's also cheaper), but it's still no South Beach.

BTW, nice tracklist. I'm surprised you like "The Theme", seeing as how it's a huge Trance anthem and all...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

I need a secret tunnel system so I can get to crobar, Level (when needed), and Spin.

well if you find that tunnel system let me know. I'll be in lauderdale... Its too dangerous to go to sobe now...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by CHRles

Saleen is Sutra the club located inside the Voodoo Lounge or am I mistaking it with another club on Las Olas? When I was there a few weeks ago on a Friday night the DJ was playing some good Progressive, Deep, and Tribal music, but it seemed like the Hip Hop rooms were fuller (they had a Hip Hop club, and a Hip Hop lounge, though both were playing the same type of Hip Hop hits).

No offense, but comparing Las Olas to South Beach? Las Olas is full of little kiddies, is not nearly as interesting as South Beach, and while you can stroll down for 30 mins around SoBe, it takes about 5 mins to stroll around Las Olas.

Don't get me wrong, there are some nice places on Las Olas (and like you said it's also cheaper), but it's still no South Beach.

BTW, nice tracklist. I'm surprised you like "The Theme", seeing as how it's a huge Trance anthem and all...

sutra is next to voodo. Seprate clubs. Sutra is good but kinda cheesy but they are making strides to make it better. Vodoo is the closest to sobe you'll get. Actually better then majority of sobe clubs.. music was great and the pigeons are top notch. You can drink on the street on los olas and there is somthing for everyone. harleys, crotch rockets, cars, etc... Not sure if you walked all the way around too where zu bar is. Really nice free out door bar there... I've never seen one fight or problems on the river walk... You have clubs, rock clubs, tribal clubs, cheesy clubs, sobe style clubs, punk clubs, white hip hop clubs with top 40 etc... parking is 4 bucks, and never a problem, and it only takes you a few mins to park where as in sobe it takes 15 mins... it comes down to what you like and what your crew likes. For me living where i live, it is just not worth it to go to sobe. I can hit 30 bars and clubs all basicaly for free in the same night and only walk less then a block.. plus serving beer on the street kicks ass!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying lauderdale is the new or next sobe, I'm just saying, I like the way things are going... where as sobe is going downhill.

I have been in S. FL for a little over a year and I can not beleive how fast So Be has gone down hill. :blown: I guess down town is were the scene is turning to.

I was shoocked that the doo doo lounge actually had some decend music last night. :eek: and yes the girlies where out with a vengance.

Quote: I was in this new bar, called BAR, and these two guys were jamming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEll yea! I walked over there Fri. night to check it out since it is a new little bar and such. So im sitting there for like 10min and I could not beleive this talent was in this club the size of bedroom. That focker on the drums was going off like beavis on crack. I told Saleen he had to check these guys out. Space needs to get these guys on the patio they would probably play for hardly nothing and they are fucking sick.:eek: :eek::cool:

Lauderdale = :cheese:

BUT, I must admit, I like the fact that I am only a few miles from Ft Laudy, therefore, before I knock it anymore, I will have to come check it out again for myself. I haven't been out on Riverwalk on a weekend in AGES. Me and Heather G hit up Riverwalk and it fukken SUCKED. Zu is cute, but granted, we were there on a Thursday. LAME LAME LAME. That one bar on the corner of Las Olas and 2nd (next to Voodoo I think) was playing the worst music I had ever heard. I mean, the Humpty Dance? That song was cool for like 5 minutes when I was in 9th grade.:blown:

Is the Chili Pepper even open any more? I used to LOVE that club when I first moved down here....

And Saleen, I probably know that tranzy..... I have one that lives behind me that I used to hang with...Her and the other girlies used to party in Laudy:laugh: :laugh:

Anywhoo, glad you guys had fun this Sat:eek:

Lola:D

you should check out the BULLDOG LOUNGE in Fort Lauderdale was there last night. Definately the nicest place in FT. Laud, its away from downtown so you don't get all the idiots. It's on Oakland & AIA. music was wicked too, deep house....was pleasantly surprised....