Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lee B. @ Spin this Friday?

pod

Hey... the Phat Music Sessions people are GOOD PEOPLE. I highly doubt they would stoop to discrediting spin in order to boost their business. Also, Spin is a pretty nice venue. I've been there a few times and have never had a problem. It's clean, great sound, nice look. I've never really payed attention to the crowd there. I've made a point to try not to pay attention to crowds these days....anywhere. Just the music, my friends, my hubby and the DJ :)

Oscar: will you be there?

Mr. Davalos,

Thanks for your post and thanks for your sincerity...From reading your previous posts I could tell you werent associated with this guy...You are obviously a promoter working hard to establish a night and your resident djs...I respect that 100% ,and I hope you don't think my post had anything to do with you or your djs...

PMS(the CPmember, not the night) and I have a checkered CP past....He is disrespectful and out of line...All his posts have either been putting myself or Space/Spin DOWN or promoting your night....so unfortunately, through no fault of yours, this guy has tied himself to your party....maybe you can shake him off like a dog does a flea (or maybe your post already did that;))

Originally posted by bbflux

Oscar: will you be there?

NOPE....I'll be at ONGAKU!!!!!!:D

Originally posted by djoscarg

NOPE....I'll be at ONGAKU!!!!!!:D

Idealisticaly speaking, I'd like to go to both. I've not had a chance to go check out Stryke yet and I'd LOVE to go hear Sean (Meng) spin. Let's see how I work this out. :D

Good Morning everyone !!!

Marco: sorry to put u in this situation. You know exactly that my whole intention is to have/give the right music in the right place and with the right people.

"Papos" wearing Dolce Gabana glasses and Prada Shoes, rolling their ass off with glowsticks (like last friday @ Spin) is NOT the attitude that gives a good vibe to the good music.

Even though some must find these THEIR hommies and thats to whom they play to....

Even worst is to walk into a club @ 12:30 and witness the warm-up dj exploting the crowd with trancy tunes & nitrogen right before Parks & Wilson get the decks. Obviouse reason why Mick Parks had to start from 0 to build his set.

(OG: No opinions on this please, I know your warm up sets are the best (Sept. 1) and no one does the horn like you do......)

As far as the gorillas @ Spin & Space.... AWEFULL... @ Space thats how they make their extra cash....following all clubbers trying to bust them...then taking them outside and asking them for cash (money they can take out of Space ATM) in order to let them go... Thanks God it has never been my case !!! but I know people who have paid $200 and $300 to Space Bouncers in order to not be thrown to the cops with a joint or a pill. Either paid them well or just dont bother....FUCK IT !!!!!

Crobar is the exeption, @ Crobar at least they treat you well, they don't bother at all !!!!

When Balance brings good music to the table...I never miss...I can have MY night out......enjoy myself and learn about music...I can light my J in the middle of the dance floor..two hits and bye bye....BEAUTIFUL WOMEN ALL AROUND......what beats that???

As far as Phat Music Sessions....it has been the smallest well crafted party that has hit the beach in the last year. Good vibe, EXCELLENT MUSIC, beautiful people & cheap prices.

Even though I post under PMS, my opinion has nothing to do with the party or its people behind it. It is my sole opinion, opinion which I can support in front of anybody !!!

My only intention is to get my opinion out there about facts that are destroying Miami's scene...... I've seen enough !!!

Just in the last 2 weeks, why do you think party's such as the Tyle Stadius & J Tripwire didn't work? Why did P & W cancelled their downtempo set @ The Marlin (obviously their records were not stollen, they just didn't feel like playing....they know better it is not worth it...) Many djs just dont get inspired here..why?? because their is no support, no knowledge... why?? cause the local clubs dont know how to manage the scene....its just about $$$$$$$.

To everybody in this CP board: sorry for creating this tense thread...I just wanted to express myself about obviose thing that are happening in the local scene and which I DONT AGREE. Obviously everytime I post something some are ready to fight back......cool down OG.... I posted what I posted several weeks ago cause I had NEVER paid $30 (Sept 1) to get into a club and get back 3.5 hrs of the worst set I've witness since 1993 when I started following house music. Sorry but its the truth.

Music is Life...PEACE

Alejandro Restrepo

First off, I don't see why you're making a big deal over being hassled about drug use in a club. For the time being, drugs are illegal. The club cannot look the other way, otherwise they get shit on...they're not gonna take the heat just so Alejandro can light one up in the middle of the dancefloor...like it or not, you are breaking the law, and the club has every right to kick you out on your ass.

As far as P & W not doing a lounge set because it wasn't worth it...not true...I'm really not sure why it was cancelled, but I'm sure it wasn't because they thought we all were morons and it wasn't worth it...realistically, the party was supposed to be a small thing anyway...

Originally posted by pms

Marco: sorry to put u in this situation. You know exactly that my whole intention is to have/give the right music in the right place and with the right people.

"Papos" wearing Dolce Gabana glasses and Prada Shoes, rolling their ass off with glowsticks (like last friday @ Spin) is NOT the attitude that gives a good vibe to the good music.

Even though some must find these THEIR hommies and thats to whom they play to....

Even worst is to walk into a club @ 12:30 and witness the warm-up dj exploting the crowd with trancy tunes & nitrogen right before Parks & Wilson get the decks. Obviouse reason why Mick Parks had to start from 0 to build his set.

(OG: No opinions on this please, I know your warm up sets are the best (Sept. 1) and no one does the horn like you do......)

As far as the gorillas @ Spin & Space.... AWEFULL... @ Space thats how they make their extra cash....following all clubbers trying to bust them...then taking them outside and asking them for cash (money they can take out of Space ATM) in order to let them go... Thanks God it has never been my case !!! but I know people who have paid $200 and $300 to Space Bouncers in order to not be thrown to the cops with a joint or a pill. Either paid them well or just dont bother....FUCK IT !!!!!

Crobar is the exeption, @ Crobar at least they treat you well, they don't bother at all !!!!

When Balance brings good music to the table...I never miss...I can have MY night out......enjoy myself and learn about music...I can light my J in the middle of the dance floor..two hits and bye bye....BEAUTIFUL WOMEN ALL AROUND......what beats that???

As far as Phat Music Sessions....it has been the smallest well crafted party that has hit the beach in the last year. Good vibe, EXCELLENT MUSIC, beautiful people & cheap prices.

Even though I post under PMS, my opinion has nothing to do with the party or its people behind it. It is my sole opinion, opinion which I can support in front of anybody !!!

My only intention is to get my opinion out there about facts that are destroying Miami's scene...... I've seen enough !!!

Just in the last 2 weeks, why do you think party's such as the Tyle Stadius & J Tripwire didn't work? Why did P & W cancelled their downtempo set @ The Marlin (obviously their records were not stollen, they just didn't feel like playing....they know better it is not worth it...) Many djs just dont get inspired here..why?? because their is no support, no knowledge... why?? cause the local clubs dont know how to manage the scene....its just about $$$$$$$.

To everybody in this CP board: sorry for creating this tense thread...I just wanted to express myself about obviose thing that are happening in the local scene and which I DONT AGREE. Obviously everytime I post something some are ready to fight back......cool down OG.... I posted what I posted several weeks ago cause I had NEVER paid $30 (Sept 1) to get into a club and get back 3.5 hrs of the worst set I've witness since 1993 when I started following house music. Sorry but its the truth.

Music is Life...PEACE

Alejandro Restrepo

You're arguments are ridiculous....you make absolutely no sense....You condemn people for not allowing you to break the law, yet at the same time you condemn them for breaking the law....plus you make these sweeping accusations based on second party heresay....

You come off as an angry person with a chip on your shoulder....If you really beleive what you write, then do yourself a favor and don't bother with the "PAPO" clubs anymore....Stick to the "cool people" that "wear the right designer clothes" and "do the right drugs" and "know what REAL music is" clubs....you will be much happier there....(I wasnt aware of Crobar's open drug policy)

As for your opinions of me or my sets, you are entitled to that and I respect that 100%....but opinion is not truth, opinion is opinion......and you know what they say about opinions....

I'll be happy to refund your 30$ (and I'll even let you hit the horn once if you behave):laugh:

so you've been following House music since 93' huh?

should've known you were a rookie....come back and listen to me again in a couple of years, maybe then you will understand, for now I may be over your head......by 93' I had spread the gospel of house across the globe , had produced a handful of house classics and had gained the respect of my peers.....And ten years later I still have to put up with know-it-alls like you...

GOOD LUCK,

SEE YOU AT SPACE :D

i really understand where u r coming from barbie. but, unfortunately if you are single like me. i have no significant other like u have chris. so i am constantly scoping out the beautiful ladies of miami. and the crowd. i have always enjoyed the crowds at spin..space..etc...but i do have to say that lee burridge will bring out a great crowd this friday. i can just feel it. tell chris the he better join jme for a bowl later on in the evening...hehehehe

by 93' I had spread the gospel of house across the globe

Can I get a hallelujah! (strike up the fat black chick singing) :)

I'd love to hear those classics again...I was but a young'un when they were being played :)

I'm still trying to track down some of those records Oscar made in '93. Some of them still sound fresh today and are still played today. You would be surprised to know how many of their 'Murk' records are still played today. :)

DHM @ Lola anyone? :)

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

are you restricted?