Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jroo

where can i find a job that will satisfy me

Recommended Posts

Guest jroo

i am sooo fucking bored, day in and day out. i never have enough to do, i like what im doing, but there just isnt enough of it. i get paid good for not have a degree, and everything else that ive wanted to do probably wont pay shit. im thinking about quiting and going to school fulltime just to have something different to do. this sucks. any suggestions, on good jobs, with good pay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, what do you really want? A good job w/ good pay? Or an exciting job that you are totally passionate about? Unfortunately - these things hardly ever coincide!

You might try checking out this book: What color is my parachute. It's a good tool to help you figure out about your skills and passions.

If you can parlay your passion into a well paying job - you're golden baby!

Otherwise, try and find a job that isn't too boring, pays well and leaves you plenty of time for play!

That's my advice!

BTW, I would avoid going back to school just to go. Chances are you'll get out and be in the same boat.

GL!

Ruth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest jroo
Originally posted by malanee

Well, what do you really want? A good job w/ good pay? Or an exciting job that you are totally passionate about? Unfortunately - these things hardly ever coincide!

You might try checking out this book: What color is my parachute. It's a good tool to help you figure out about your skills and passions.

If you can parlay your passion into a well paying job - you're golden baby!

Otherwise, try and find a job that isn't too boring, pays well and leaves you plenty of time for play!

That's my advice!

BTW, I would avoid going back to school just to go. Chances are you'll get out and be in the same boat.

GL!

Ruth

word, and i'll have mad amounts of bills. i found a cool job being a talent scout for sports and such, but im sure that it wont pay more than 30k a year, and i wont work for commission. thats gay. good thing now is i have plenty of time to play, but come on, its like i need a hobby at work, just to get by. i totally feel like the guy in the movie office space, only thing is, i get no memo's and everything im supposed to do, i do it, then its over with. im sure that some of you work your asses off, and cant even have a chance to breath, well, nobody reading this post during normal working hours. hey malanee, what are you going to do about a job in SF? find one yet? have any ideas? its so hard to change things up. im am amazed at your strength and courage!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by jroo

word, and i'll have mad amounts of bills. i found a cool job being a talent scout for sports and such, but im sure that it wont pay more than 30k a year, and i wont work for commission. thats gay. good thing now is i have plenty of time to play, but come on, its like i need a hobby at work, just to get by. i totally feel like the guy in the movie office space, only thing is, i get no memo's and everything im supposed to do, i do it, then its over with. im sure that some of you work your asses off, and cant even have a chance to breath, well, nobody reading this post during normal working hours. hey malanee, what are you going to do about a job in SF? find one yet? have any ideas? its so hard to change things up. im am amazed at your strength and courage!!

You are giving me way too much credit! I've had about 50 nervous break downs since I made the decision! :laugh:

I have another interview with the California Courts when I get to SF. They said they were VERY impressed with my resume and last interview. So, I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll get the job. But one never knows! Plus - it is gubment work - and they tend to be damn slow in making their decisions!

Have you tried asking your supervisor for additional work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest jroo
Originally posted by malanee

Have you tried asking your supervisor for additional work?

no, seriously, it takes a lot of balls to do what you're doing. and yes i have asked for additional work, serval times, even in front of our deputy director, and everytime i get more work. even put me 2nd in charge of a multimillion dollar program. but everything i deal with is slow and time comsuming. like 5 year projects, working with a lot of other fucks that are behind schedule. if my boss was here today, i would ask for some more to do too. i think im just gonna go home. i love what i do, and i love the technology involved, but its too fucking slow for me. i guess i need to accept the fact that im bored as shit and just fucking like it. and when i have something to do, just do it, huh? my idea of entertainment here is that i have a long rubber tube that i have tied into a bunch of knotts, so its like a small irregularly shaped ball. i sit back away from my monitor and fucking throw the ball as hard as i can against my monitor screen, then try to catch it, it bounces back at different angles. and the actually monitor as the backdrop plays with your eyes some when you're trying to track the ball thingy. now maybe you guys understand why i say some of the shit that i do. its out of complete and totall boredom. when i first got here, i didnt have a fucking second to post or do anything. alright then , im gonna quit bitching. thanks,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by jroo

no, seriously, it takes a lot of balls to do what you're doing. and yes i have asked for additional work, serval times, even in front of our deputy director, and everytime i get more work. even put me 2nd in charge of a multimillion dollar program. but everything i deal with is slow and time comsuming. like 5 year projects, working with a lot of other fucks that are behind schedule. if my boss was here today, i would ask for some more to do too. i think im just gonna go home. i love what i do, and i love the technology involved, but its too fucking slow for me. i guess i need to accept the fact that im bored as shit and just fucking like it. and when i have something to do, just do it, huh? my idea of entertainment here is that i have a long rubber tube that i have tied into a bunch of knotts, so its like a small irregularly shaped ball. i sit back away from my monitor and fucking throw the ball as hard as i can against my monitor screen, then try to catch it, it bounces back at different angles. and the actually monitor as the backdrop plays with your eyes some when you're trying to track the ball thingy. now maybe you guys understand why i say some of the shit that i do. its out of complete and totall boredom. when i first got here, i didnt have a fucking second to post or do anything. alright then , im gonna quit bitching. thanks,

Awww - thanks Jerami! As for the job, any hobbies beside surfing the net you can do at work? What interests you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by jroo

i am sooo fucking bored, day in and day out. i never have enough to do, i like what im doing, but there just isnt enough of it. i get paid good for not have a degree, and everything else that ive wanted to do probably wont pay shit.

I agree. I am always bored at work. I used to teach and was never bored because I never had a second to relax. I worked from 6:30 am - 10 pm and could keep working all night long. NOTE: Teachers get paid shit for the hours they actually work. I loved always being busy while at work, but hated the politics and the night time/weekend commitment.

Now I work for the government and I am unchallenged and bored. I request more work and it is seen as a bad thing. I am just staying here until I figure out what I really want to do with myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by merkie

Now I work for the government and I am unchallenged and bored. I request more work and it is seen as a bad thing. I am just staying here until I figure out what I really want to do with myself.

That's my situation to a T. It is miserable here, I'm so bored, and all I hear is CNN all day long - "sniper sniper sniper sniper sniper" (my office-mate controls the TV). It's depressing and unhealthy.

Am I the only one in the world who still doesn't know what she wants to be at the ripe ol' age of 23? ;) Feels like it sometimes. . .

*sigh* :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are nuts! Ask for more work? Shit, I don't have anything to do either, but I just get a hobby.

Damn, ask for more work!? I don't even wanna do the shit I have to do. "Uh, yeah, that monkey shit you gave me to do took me about 10 nano-seconds....can I have some more?"

My work offers "classes" and stuff on public speaking, writing etc. I try to do that shit whenever I can. It's also bullshit, but it looks good on the resume, plus its a free lunch.

You guys got anything like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by cookiegirl

Am I the only one in the world who still doesn't know what she wants to be at the ripe ol' age of 23? ;) Feels like it sometimes. . .

*sigh* :(

I got that same problem, except I'm not a girl and I'm a yr older then 23. I've had 3 jobs in the past 3 yrs. all did pay good until they went bankrupt, tech jobs blow, now I'm trying the financial sector, but if this doesn't work then I have no idea. Money isn't everything, that is the one thing I have learned. I'm thinking of making a run to Miami or Vegas if all else fails..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try being 30 and not knowing!

Actually, I've been talking to a lot of people about this. I think the majority of us go through life searching for what makes us happy work-wise and life-wise. Adults change careers on an average of 7 times (or something like that)! I guess sometimes it's the journey, not the destination.

It sure makes me envy those who have a passion or genius for a certain field, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have somewhat of a diff view. i dont know what i really want to do (for a profession) and i dont think really most of us do. most people end up just get comfortable in what they do and learn to like at least certain aspects of what they do. i also dont really feel like i need to go out and find THAT THING that i really want to do. i instead focus on what i'm learning, what skills and knowledge i'm gaining. actually, i know that i'm just a really diverse person and would never be satisfied finding ONE THING that i love to do and doing that for the rest of my life.

so i'm focusing on one thing at a time. i'm reasonably satisfied with what i'm doing right now, and i hope to be doing something different in a year. people stress out so much about "what do i want to do," when really i think that people should just try to enjoy the ride and gain what they can during the process.

make sense?

so like you jroo, i know you have an interest in acting, why not go do something about it (i know you've taken the first step) and put some energy and effort into it and see where it takes you. that's also why i love being young and unattached....less other baggage to think about and just being free to do what you want

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chuck Norris says to join the Border Patrol. No day is the same.

haha.

Sorry to hear about your discontent with your current situation. You could always try the Government. It's pretty stable and secure as far as not worrying about getting fired and they will work with you on your schedule if you go back to school.

Just a thought.

Peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you want to quit, start sending out resumes and see what type of response you get. job market is pretty shity now, i would wait a year or so until i quit, in the meantime i would start studying to get into school and applying and shit to have it as a second option or to end up going to school part-time as a contingency plan.

i pretty much agree with what millie says.

and also working on govmnt contracts sucks monkey balls, the more you can get away from working in anyway w/ the govmnt the better off yiu are. try working for a private for profit type of firm and youll probably get paid more and have more work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Millie - I love that philosophy! And I would just add, the life is all about finding balance. If you aren't being fulfilled in your daily work, concentrate on finding fulfillment and happiness elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest jroo

yes, but i'll never get fired. i believe this is the hell that was meant for me. kinda like ground hog day, but strangely different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest jroo

im not growing out my hair or getting a perm , so being a male stripper is out of the question for me. besides, im fat and ugly. thanks though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest jroo
Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

pfffft yeah RIGHT :rolleyes: are not, stop that!

i think you can pull off the perm... :confused: jk ;)

thanks. i was offered a job in korea yesterday. what the fuck? so i can be bored with work then not be able to function fully outside of work? dont think everyone over there speaks english. i could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by jroo

thanks. i was offered a job in korea yesterday. what the fuck? so i can be bored with work then not be able to function fully outside of work? dont think everyone over there speaks english. i could be wrong.

They may not speak english, but some speak engrish. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×