Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New to NYC, club advice PLEEZE!!

YO! so im new to this board...i live near Philly and haven't been clubbing much...been about five times and went to the same place...Club Shampoo...absolutely loved it! anyway, the friday after Thanksgiving im going to be in NYC till monday...i want to go clubbing really bad, but i have no idea where to go! my friend said Exit sounded great, but again...shes never been...:(

SO I'M ASKING THIS:: help me!! :) please...give me the scoop on the NYC club scene. what are the good clubs basically?? im into all music..as long as my ass can shake to it im good ;) and im 18..pretty sure that will make a difference.

thank you for all the help...

Awwww poor baby! :laugh:

I can't even begin to tell you where to try as I am one old motherfucker. LOL I DO know that Arc doesn't have a liquor license, so it may be 18 to party, 21 to drink like it used to be at Buzz in DC. Does anyone else know? Danny Tenaglia throws the Be Yourself party there on Fridays, I think guests come on Saturdays. I've only been to Danny so far.

Wherever you go, you'll have fun. You'll be in New York, for fucks' sake! ;)

THANKSGIVING FRIDAY...

Possibly the night Danny Tenaglia is Having a 30 Years since the 8 Track celebration... CLASSICS NIGHT... Woo Hoo... I will be there if that is the date... But again it has not been confirmed... So we shall see... But Anyhow yes it is 18 to enter...

As long as you like... Deep Dark Sexy Beats... You will like Vinyl Friday... " BE YOUR SELF "

Enjoy !

Peace...

Scott

well not to be a cunt....

but your 18....and your bridge n tunnel...so

GO TO EXIT.

YOU WILL LOVE IT!!

AMAZING PLACE.......HUGE

GO........and vinyl closed.....lol

Jaysea

or....if your into Trance. Webster hall.....is 18+ all TRANCE, cool big club

lol

if you want to dance to good music. ARC ARC ARC.fri/sat

if you want to dance to semi ok music with pretty good looking ladies and drinks. Roxy Roxy- fri,

if you wanan go to a big bad trashy place. go to exit but it sucks there. but its big and has lots of people.many rooms, dif styles of music.

SHELTER-good music, i hear. but ive never been. just hear its real good. i'll be there this weekend for the 1st time checkin it out hopefully.

Originally posted by camel03

wow..thanks! u guys are awesome! but a quick question...neone been to Exit? bc my friend seemed really interested in that one...gimmie the scoop...

camel

:spin:

ok listen exit is a great time... all these people hate it and dont even know why... i would defiantly come there and i guarentee you will have a good time

ayyiighht man,

you want the scoop, you got the scoop. screw this B&T bullshit. exit sucks. junior sucks. danny t is the man, arc on friday is a can't loose. although deep dish is spinning a 9 hr set at exit on 11/15. anyway, shelter is a great spot with great music. great dj's always. not the top of the world names but solid lineup. roxy is new. i don't consider it a club prior to this september. from sept-nov. you got sandra collins, tall paul, dj tiesto, carl cox, pvd. not too shabby. you wanna do something not huge club like, check the sullivan lounge in the west village. beautiful people, decent music. liquids is usually alright with music too, when i've been there. anyway, good luck to ur 18 year old ass.

Thanks a lot! I have heard that he isn't as good live, but I just bought Essential Mix yesterday and LOVE it!! I haven't heard the brand new Live at Roxy one yet, has anyone else? I'm going to check him out. Even my thugged-out, hip-hop loving boy was dancing his ASS off yesterday when I put on Essential Mix! :laugh:

Also, who's been to the tribal party on Sunday at ARC? How is it?