Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Should Ma. have the death penalty?

jk9

I think they should, imagine being the family of these poor girls??

Shit like this pisses me off, people come to our country to make something of themselves, which alot do. Then there are some thats pull this shit...they should be killed.....

SOMERVILLE, Mass. (AP) Three men have been charged in the alleged rapes of two deaf girls, one of whom is wheelchair bound. Police are looking for three more suspects.

Jesus Pleitez, 19, and Carlos Escobar, 18, both of Somerville, and Jose Ortiz, 20, of Boston, pleaded innocent at their arraignment Monday in Somerville District Court.

The rapes occurred in Foss Park on Thursday night, after the men encountered the girls at about 7 p.m. near a doughnut shop on Broadway in Somerville, prosecutors said.

Assistant District Attorney Marian Ryan said the girls 14 and 17 left the shop and crossed the street to the park. But the men followed them and assaulted them, said Assistant District Attorney Marian Ryan.

Ryan said the 17-year-old wheelchair-bound girl was removed from her wheelchair by the men and slammed onto a park bench.

''I would suggest these are some of the most vile facts in a case of this nature,'' Ryan said.

Authorities said the men did not know the victims.

But the mother of the 17-year-old girl said she believes the rapes were committed in retaliation for a fight her son was having with the three men.

''If you're that low to go and rape a handicapped girl in a wheelchair then there's something wrong with you,'' the mother told WHDH-TV.

The three men are all immigrants from El Salvador.

School Committee Chairman Dennis Sullivan said the attacks have stunned the city.

''I think it's awful; it's shocking,'' he said.

Thomas Pyne, a court-appointed attorney for Escobar, said his client is a recent immigrant from El Salvador and speaks little English. He said Escobar has no record besides a trespassing charge

I have no idea where I stand on the death penalty. On one hand, what if the guy you send off to the chair really didn't do it - wouldn't be the first time an innocent person has been found guilty. I know those cases are few and far between, but the thought of sending someone-anyone to die just seems wrong to me.

On the other hand I know how I would feel if it was myself or my family/friends involved - I'd want to kill the bastards myself.

I don't think I will ever come to a solid conclusion for myself on the death penalty.

Originally posted by whadupg

I have no idea where I stand on the death penalty. On one hand, what if the guy you send off to the chair really didn't do it - wouldn't be the first time an innocent person has been found guilty. I know those cases are few and far between, but the thought of sending someone-anyone to die just seems wrong to me.

On the other hand I know how I would feel if it was myself or my family/friends involved - I'd want to kill the bastards myself.

I don't think I will ever come to a solid conclusion for myself on the death penalty.

Your giving yourself the death penalty?:confused::shaky:

i'm in favor of it. a lot of $$ is spent on maintaining these lossers in jail for X amount of years only for them to be elligible for parole or whatnot in X amount of years because the prison system is overcrowded.

stuff like this and the sniper case here in dc are cases that imho merit the death penalty.

Originally posted by vicman

i'm in favor of it. a lot of $$ is spent on maintaining these lossers in jail for X amount of years only for them to be elligible for parole or whatnot in X amount of years because the prison system is overcrowded.

stuff like this and the sniper case here in dc are cases that imho merit the death penalty.

Yeah, but all those poor monkeys :(