Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Just heard that paul Oakenfold will be in Miami?

pimpineo

Party 93.1 presents Paul Oakenfold - FREE appearance at Virgin Megastore Miami Saturday, November 2 at 8pm for exclusive instore performance and CD signing of his newest CD, Bunkka! Purchase the album and receive free-poster and wristband-guaranteeing your place-in-line.

Guess that sums it up...

Paul Oakenfold is really trying to be the "Backstreet boys" or the "Nsync" of electronic music......signing posters...making appearances in record stores?!?! Radio station contests...COME ON!

way to keep it real and underground:rolleyes:

This is my educational guess...so DONT quote me on this...But i think Oakie is playing at Opium because he is buddy buddies with Dade S. who has ties to Opium. Dade and Oakie have remained good friends since the Shadow Lounge Days.

Originally posted by clubcrittic

Paul Oakenfold is really trying to be the "Backstreet boys" or the "Nsync" of electronic music......signing posters...making appearances in record stores?!?! Radio station contests...COME ON!

This is my educational guess...so DONT quote me on this...But i think Oakie is playing at Opium because he is buddy buddies with Dade S. who has ties to Opium. Dade and Oakie have remained good friends since the Shadow Lounge Days.

Your post has a very familiar pattern. Could it be that you have posted here before, maybe with a different name?

i have never really diggged Oakie...his only CD that i truly like was Transport and Cream Comp....the rest i can do without...i think he is HIGHLY OVER-RATED IMO....but he did impress me once, last year at ULtra during WMC....he really rocked, but the dude is still playing friggin' songs from 98-99, WTF?:blown:

Originally posted by clubcrittic

It's all about the money now...although, he did bust his ass for a long, long, long time....help the Paul Oakenfold Retirement Fund.

Oakey will be here Monday, Nov.25, 2002.

He will be playing with Hernan Cattaneo and Ariel Baund. If any of you went to the last "Conference" show we did at Shadow Lounge with Paul and Hernan, you will remember that Hernan blew the roof off the place. He really is one of the most talented DJs around.

This should be a fun show.

More info to come!

Dade S.

Even if you don't want to go in for Oakenfold.... You need to come in and see HERNAN CATTANEO ("South America" - Perfecto label) from Argentina. He plays with Oakie a lot and HE ROCKS.

I wouldn't miss him if I were you...

(See Saleen, I DO post.)

:tongue:

c a r l a

Carla,

FYI, Hernan will be on before and after Oakey so we'll get to hear him do his opening set as well as his banging closing stuff. Also, our local boy Ariel Baund has been working with HC on some tracks for Perfecto so we'll get to hear those as well.

Originally posted by ogmiami

Oakey will be here Monday, Nov.25, 2002.

He will be playing with Hernan Cattaneo and Ariel Baund. If any of you went to the last "Conference" show we did at Shadow Lounge with Paul and Hernan, you will remember that Hernan blew the roof off the place. He really is one of the most talented DJs around.

This should be a fun show.

More info to come!

Dade S.

see:rolleyes:

Seems like there's always one .......and now it's funketeer.

Here are Paul Oakenfold's tour dates:

Nov. 25: Miami (Opium Garden Nightclub)

Nov. 27: New York (Exit)

Nov. 28: New York (Republic)

Nov. 29: Dallas (the Red Jacket)

Nov. 30: Little Rock, Ark. (Nightlife Rocks)

Dec. 2: Atlanta (Eleven 50)

Dec. 3: Boston (Avalon Ballroom)

Dec. 4: Washington, D.C. (9:30 Club)

Dec. 6: Detroit (State Theater)

Dec. 7: Chicago (Riviera)

Dec. 8: Lawrence, Kan. (Granada)

Dec. 10: Denver (the Fillmore)

Dec. 11: Salt Lake City (TBC)

Dec. 13: Vancouver (Commodore Ballroom)

Dec. 14: Seattle (Northgate Theater)

Dec. 15: Portland, Ore. (Crystal Ballroom)

Dec. 16: Las Vegas (Seven)

Dec. 18: San Francisco (the Warfield)

Dec. 20: San Diego (4th & B)

Dec. 21: Los Angeles (Wiltern)