Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CP happy hour?

kramadas

Hey, we should have a CP happy hour sometime. Not sure if its been done before, but this way we can get a chance to meet some new members, or actually be able to talk to old members without having the scream.

One obvious choice (I guess) would be Big Hunt for their Tuesday night 15 cent wing specials...the wing special starts at 7pm, but they have drink specials before then.

Its on Connecticut, right before the circle (coming from downtown).

I know McKormic and Schmick's has huge $1.95 appetizers (like shrimp cocktails, etc) with purchase of two drinks. Thats on K street.

Or if you'd like to play pool, there's Buffalo Billiards on 19th St at the Circle. They also have drink specials till 8pm.

There are a bunch of other places too, but can't think of them off the top of my head.

Any interest in something like this? ANy suggestions?

I'm always up for happy hour. . except for when I'm broke. :tongue:

The Big Hunt is always great, there's also some good places down by Gina & Co. (Mackey's, Ozio, etc.), and also good stuff down by me on the Hill, although I doubt most people will want to tramp all the way over here. I usually like my happy hours later in the week so I feel less guilty about getting tipsy, but whenever is fine for me.

:D

Originally posted by cookiegirl

I'm always up for happy hour. . except for when I'm broke. :tongue:

The Big Hunt is always great, there's also some good places down by Gina & Co. (Mackey's, Ozio, etc.), and also good stuff down by me on the Hill, although I doubt most people will want to tramp all the way over here. I usually like my happy hours later in the week so I feel less guilty about getting tipsy, but whenever is fine for me.

:D

Ya! I work on the Hill too. And there is a butt load of cheap shit down here during the week. Almost every place has some special....Sucks you have to chill with Hill people tho.....*cookiegirl leads a double life like me*

Originally posted by revaluation

Ya! I work on the Hill too. And there is a butt load of cheap shit down here during the week. Almost every place has some special....Sucks you have to chill with Hill people tho.....*cookiegirl leads a double life like me*

We can do both. The Hill is on my (yours too) way home...just get off at Union Station, right?

Originally posted by raver_mania

We can do both. The Hill is on my (yours too) way home...just get off at Union Station, right?

Yep - or Capitol South/Eastern Market on the blue/orange lines.

crank - I really like the potluck dinner idea. . . maybe we can get something together when you come back to DC :)

Originally posted by vicman

how about the fresh fields in silver springs? they have a bad ass tofu burger :D

They have some bars in Silver spring too...actually thats a great idea..HH at Silver Spring plus we can move to one of our apts for after-happy-hour-party and have a DJ spin! ;)

OK, how about for now, we say wings @Big Hunt next Tuesday, around 6pm or so. Then, we can try different places each week, or every other week...something like that.

And Crank & Cookiegirl - the potluck also seems like a great idea! It'd be nice if we can organize one before Nov 25! ( I leave for vacation then)! :D :D :D

Originally posted by magic8ball

Did this already happen??? Anyone want to organize one for sometime soon?? Maybe there can be 2, 1 in Baltimore and one in DC. I'm in Northern Virginia, but I'll drive up to DC anytime for happy hour!

No it hasn't happened yet. I was going to suggest Tues but I cannot make it this week...I would definitely be up for one next week, though!