Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So I was at the gym earlier and my mind was wandering..

ou812

Have you ever thought back to a summers past about one particular song you heard at Tempts.............and you just like looked over at your pal and though, "WTF am I hearing right, now?"

For instance, this is what I was thinking of at the gym, I had a flashback to the summer of '97 I think standing on the edge of the dancefloor (drunk as hell mind you) but I distinctly remembered hearing a mix of that that old dumbass song by the group Aqua "Barbie Girl". Does anyone else remember this? Don't ever remember hearing it again.

Anyway....................does anyone else have any stories like this, these inevitably end up being songs that Denny didn't play much subsequently............................so let's hear it.:)

tempts...mmmmm......ANGEL....it was the first song i put on my mp3 player....i bought the freaking thing in 2000....when mp3 players cost like $500.......its the only song that has yet to be removed.....forever my fav. song....i've got an angel watching MEEEEE

Originally posted by ou812

I think you guys are missing the point of my original question.

I understand exactly what you're talking about. I use my Ipod (mp3 player that holds over 1000 songs) at the gym all the time and when a particular track comes on, sometimes I zone out back to the first time I heard the track, where I was and who I was with. There are some tracks that will always take you back, full of memories. I remember the first time Denny dropped Angel years ago, and when he closed the summer with it... absolute madness and it all comes back to me when I'm in the gym in my own world.

If you're into music, an IPod is a must have! You can use it anywhere and everywhere.

:mad: :mad: :mad:Ugggghhhhh.............your still missing my point, i'm not talking about hearing a song today and having a flashback to the 1st time you heard some great song dropped at tempts years ago............Denny played "Angel" a million times after the 1st time he dropped it..........

I'm talking about some fcuked up mix of some obscure song that you'd never expect to hear at tempts (like Barbie Girl by Aqua) and then basically never heard it there again.

Originally posted by angelicious

uo812 :laugh: :laugh:

u are to funny.

happens all the time, like for instance "ice ice baby", hello

that song back in the day old and now we look at it like "hid me" but back then we were rocking it, dancing to it at school dances.lol

did I answer your question.

....i don't think so....lol...........i think he is saying.....what's a song from tempts.....that u can remember...that u would never expect denny to play.......like if u said.....i remember one time....i was making my way to the dancefloor and all of a sudden denny dropped a mix of can't touch this............lol.....that would be a good response to his thread

...did i get it!!??!

uo812 :laugh: :laugh:

u are to funny.

happens all the time, like for instance "ice ice baby", hello

that song back in the day old and now we look at it like "hid me" but back then we were rocking it, dancing to it at school dances.lol

did I answer your question.

no sorry angel, but you got it wrong too.

Ice ice baby is the type of song back in the day that you would expect to hear at a school dance

but Barbi at Tempts:confused:

Just like this past thurs at Centro a club that is supposed to be no commercial music. at 4am Shiny Disco Balls.

Your not supposed to hear that at a place like that

not even during this past summer.

I got it right ou812

ou812 where are you??

we need you!!!

i really didnt go to tempts, i was a merge girl.

temptkid are u going to dump me now.

I still let you go to Merge on fridays

but Tempts on saturdays and sundays are a must!!!

And ou812 said the Barbie song was played at Tempts in 97

not this past summer

And people I was the only person who like the Barbie song:cool:

OK Im totally not gonna answer your question right now but I have to comment on my best Tempts Moment.

I was also a Merge girl this summer so I only went to Tempts 2 times.. Last year I went to Tempts On July 4th weekend and lost ALLLLLLLLL Faith in Mistah Tsettos and swore I'd never step foot in there again.. Until one night Merge was dead, And I went over to Tempts (this was in Late August) He was blowin it up.. then out of nowhere there was this Stage show to De'Lacy with GLowing men that looked sorta like bugs.. I think I have pics of them come to think of it.. HOW THE HELL DO I POST PICS ON HERE ANYWAY.????

Back to my story, He closed with ''Your Love" a song I haden't heard in YEARS and literally tore it up and put it back together again... leaving it with a frigging 9 hour buildup AHH sick to say the least.. so I know the next time I hear that song, I"ll think of that night in Tempts. :D

Originally posted by tempkid

I still let you go to Merge on fridays

but Tempts on saturdays and sundays are a must!!!

And ou812 said the Barbie song was played at Tempts in 97

not this past summer

And people I was the only person who like the Barbie song:cool:

no hon, you have to let me go on Saturday, i dont know how long were are gonna last.

no hon, you have to let me go on Saturday, i dont know how long were are gonna last.

what are you dumping me ?

I see how it is, you get Hottie of the month and your leaving me.

Hey, it was fun why it lasted.

And I wasted my time making you a cd, I'll just give to my boy Roddie.

And ou812 I got a good example: At Tempts closing party this past summer Denny dropped "Respect" what you want, baby I got, What you need, baby I got bla bla bla something like that

and I remeber thinking am I at Tempts. It was dope though.

Sorry, was busy last nite and get 2 post............but yeah, misk & tempkid got the idea..........the only reason i mentioned "barbie girl" is cause I distinctly rememered it stuck in my head (even from 5 years ago, I think that was Denny's 1st summer at Tempts:confused: )..................talk about beeing weirded out by a song ehhhh, 5 years?................anyway, was just curious if anyone else had any similar recollections............I can think of quite a few from '96...........but that's when Greg Padulla was still mixing at Tempts............so we won't get into that:D

Originally posted by deeelite1

OK Im totally not gonna answer your question right now but I have to comment on my best Tempts Moment.

I was also a Merge girl this summer so I only went to Tempts 2 times.. Last year I went to Tempts On July 4th weekend and lost ALLLLLLLLL Faith in Mistah Tsettos and swore I'd never step foot in there again.. Until one night Merge was dead, And I went over to Tempts (this was in Late August) He was blowin it up.. then out of nowhere there was this Stage show to De'Lacy with GLowing men that looked sorta like bugs.. I think I have pics of them come to think of it.. HOW THE HELL DO I POST PICS ON HERE ANYWAY.????

Givin' you flashbacks???

DSCN2225.jpegDSCN2226.jpegDSCN2227.jpeg

Originally posted by tempkid

what are you dumping me ?

I see how it is, you get Hottie of the month and your leaving me.

Hey, it was fun why it lasted.

And I wasted my time making you a cd, I'll just give to my boy Roddie.

And ou812 I got a good example: At Tempts closing party this past summer Denny dropped "Respect" what you want, baby I got, What you need, baby I got bla bla bla something like that

and I remeber thinking am I at Tempts. It was dope though.

No tempkid i am still in love. lolol

and you still better give me the cd.

talk to u soon.

Originally posted by dramaqueenb

ok, how about when denny played hip hop in the middle of the night about 3 summers ago...he threw down "where my dogs at?" and the place went nuts!!! My personal fave is when he mixed in "HO's in this house" this summer;) He got the ol':aright: :aright: for that one!

nice to see you last night at Deko and thanks for the drink!!!

I'm sorry I didn't stop by and say by, I wasn' t allowed to!!!