Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Latin Rock: Babasonicos Live! Monday, Nov 18@ Lola

djburrito

Rock'n Lola presents December 16

titulobaba.jpg

babasonicos.jpg

"Bábasonicos is the most intriguing band to come out of Argentina in a long while. The sextet's bittersweet retro tendencies and shimmering rock'n roll soundscapes are simply addictive" Rolling Stone Magazine

jessi.gif

Bábasonicos Live!

December 16

Doors open @ 10pm

Free admision

Lola is located @ 243, 23rd Street , Miami Beach

To learn more about Bábasonicos click here

Originally posted by meng

Damn! Babasonicos are really cool...they're like the Argentinian version of the Beastie Boys....sort of.....but cool nonetheless....I'd like to go sheck this out!

What's the cover?

Hi Meng, thanks to the fact that the band will be here in Miami on their way to Los Angeles...the concert will be absolutely free of charge...zip...zero...nada!

U can't get a better deal than that ;)

Hope to see you there

cheers!

Dj Burrito

(Jack Of All Trades)

loonbur_2.gif

Well I guess I have no excuse to not go then! That's awesome! I've heard so many good things about Babsonicos from my Argentinian buddies, I'd definitely have to check out what these guys are like LIVE. What time do they go on?

Well I guess I have no excuse to not go then! That's awesome! I've heard so many good things about Babsonicos from my Argentinian buddies, I'd definitely have to check out what these guys are like LIVE. What time do they go on?

Bábasonicos will probably go on around 11:30 / 12

They sound great and are really good performers...not amateurs, that's for sure...these guys are used to playing stadiums...and know how to work a crowd...expect anything!

In the mean time, you can check out what I'm going to be playing...Manu Chao, Kinky, Celso Piña, Molotov, Soda Stereo, etc...trust me...the "etc" is the best ;)

cheers!

loonbur_2.gif

I got it all...and Lalo, I know you are busting my chops, so I'm not even going to answer.

It's kinda hard to cover it all in one night but I have somewhat of a format already figured out...I play the newer stuff first and then I play the classics for the survivors...so far, no complaints...so, I must be doing something good ;)

Come check it out Lalo, turn the TV off!!!

Originally posted by djburrito

I got it all...and Lalo, I know you are busting my chops, so I'm not even going to answer.

It's kinda hard to cover it all in one night but I have somewhat of a format already figured out...I play the newer stuff first and then I play the classics for the survivors...so far, no complaints...so, I must be doing something good ;)

Come check it out Lalo, turn the TV off!!!

Congrats Burrito...I will play present this coming Monday.

BTW, someone called U DJ Taco?, o es el burro en primavera q' se saco el taco???:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

got some Divididos or Sumo in your playlist, mr. Burrito? ;)

Hey Meng, I have a pretty complete collection of tracks...but, of course, I'm humble when it comes to suggestions.

I would really appretiate if you gave me some names of artist and tracks you would like to hear at a party such as Rock'n Lola...it's obvious that the party is for the people and want the people to be happy.

Cheers and thanks for the support

Dj Burrito

( Jack Of All Trades )

To send me an e-mail click here

sounds good....now you've given me permission to hassle you with requests as you play and I drink my drinks!

It's all good man, actually...can you reply with names of bands and tracks you'd suggest...I don't want to be short of tracks for the more knowledgeable.

peace out!

Soul Donkey

It's all good man, actually...can you reply with names of bands and tracks you'd suggest...I don't want to be short of tracks for the more knowledgeable.

peace out!

Soul Donkey

Do U have any good old Virus?? "Soy moderno no fumo mas"...?

It will be nice to hear sumthin like that...:cool:

BTW, where is your picture?? It ain't the same w/out the popping out eyes and the poncho :D

peace out!

Soul Donkey

Actually I don't know many artists.....but here are few that I do know: Sumo, Divididos, Soda Stereo, Fabulosos Cadillacs...if I think of any more I'll let you know...

Originally posted by vipnerd

Do U have any good old Virus?? "Soy moderno no fumo mas"...?

It will be nice to hear sumthin like that...:cool:

BTW, where is your picture?? It ain't the same w/out the popping out eyes and the poncho :D

I got your Virus right here VIP, just get there and I'll do the rest...oh, and by the way...sorry, here's my eye-poping-poncho-wearing-sensation!!!

:laugh:

loonbur_2.gif

Originally posted by marcodavalos

I'll be there Monday. Nice guest DJ Burrito. Felicita a Melissa.

Saludos,

MD

Gracias Marco, Melissa is definitively getting the hang of things, I see a lot of potential not only on the party but also with Meli as a great promoter, she's got lots of motivation and I appretiate that quality very much.

Kudos

Dj Burrito

(Jack Of All Trades)

loonbur_2.gif

Actually I don't know many artists.....but here are few that I do know: Sumo, Divididos, Soda Stereo, Fabulosos Cadillacs...if I think of any more I'll let you know...

Cool, thanks for the prompt response Meng!

ps. don't forget Tereso tonite

loonbur_2.gif

Cool, thanks for the prompt response Meng!

ps. don't forget Tereso tonite

loonbur_2.gif

Yeah I know but I need to talk to Juan, Alejo, or Marcelo to find out at what time they go on 'cuz I'm going to see Satoshi at Lola...I've never seen Satoshi live and I've only been listening to(or playing with) Tereso for almost ten years now so whether I go to see Tereso or not depends on whether or not they go on early enough....thanks for the reminder.