Clubplanet Nightlife Community

where's gmc?

weyes

Hay everyone~!

Glad to see you haven't forgotten me :tongue:

I've been shifting into 5th gear with all my job hunts, and have been a wee bit tired in the noggin as of late. But it seems like it paid off, and now i'll be able to afford clubbing again!

I feel crappy for missing Carl Cox on Halloween, but im gonna try for Ferry Cortsen in December :cool:

Originally posted by gmccookny

Hay everyone~!

Glad to see you haven't forgotten me :tongue:

I've been shifting into 5th gear with all my job hunts, and have been a wee bit tired in the noggin as of late. But it seems like it paid off, and now i'll be able to afford clubbing again!

I feel crappy for missing Carl Cox on Halloween, but im gonna try for Ferry Cortsen in December :cool:

so, does that mean you found something :) ?

Originally posted by weyes

so, does that mean you found something :) ?

YEs, there are a couple of things on the table. But my dream is still, in time, to pursue my Master's in International policy, and perhaps get my phD in that, or get into diplomacy :cool:

But in the meantime, back to mundane reality and trying to earn a buck :blank:

YEs, there are a couple of things on the table. But my dream is still, in time, to pursue my Master's in International policy, and perhaps get my phD in that, or get into diplomacy :cool:

rock on to the first, and i hear you on that last statement :( .

werd dude. im going up to NY next week to (besides catching steve lawler) doing some campus visits to columbia and nyu, prospect of going back to school seems as real as ever..but i still need to pay my bills :(

Originally posted by vicman

werd dude. im going up to NY next week to (besides catching steve lawler) doing some campus visits to columbia and nyu, prospect of going back to school seems as real as ever..but i still need to pay my bills :(

nice*!

well, even if we get a spot of java at the Astor place starbucks, lets get together, man. (pm me ;)

now that i have a steady job, im back to club hunting :cool:

I was at NYU doing some grad research...in all fairness, I met some great people, and if NYU was in SoCal it would be a harder choice. It's not only the open spaces, beach and sunshine, it's the effect that has on everyone else as well. Ooof!! Winter term at NYU (did I mention it's supposed to be around eighty and sunny all weekend??)

yeah, definitly sometimes NY did get on my nerves, its like you never have any privacy, people everywhere, everything is expensive and stuff.

dunno, i'm gunna have to really take my time in deciding this after all it would mean a 4 or 5 year commitment to stay in one place to do all the course work, take qualifiers and then work on the dissertation, 'cos that school thing has to be part-time, i still gotta work to pay my bills and shit

Originally posted by sebastianxy

It's not only the open spaces, beach and sunshine, it's the effect that has on everyone else as well.

this is much easier said than understood.

when i tell people it's sunny here all the time, they think, "that's nice, but i can deal with rain." and it's true, rain isn't such a big deal in and of itself, but if you can just think to that "rainy day feeling" for a second, and then imagine feeling like that for only about one month a year (it always seems to me that it rains every day in february :D ), you can then see that you've got more days when you can just breathe - that relaxed way you do on sunny days.

if i really wanted to properly communicate how much of an effect the weather has on los angelenos, i'd have to devote a lot more time to this post :shades: ...

Originally posted by weyes

if i really wanted to properly communicate how much of an effect the weather has on los angelenos, i'd have to devote a lot more time to this post :shades: ...

Speaking of which, and not to rub it in to the east coast fellas, but I can't believe how gorgeous today was...like a freakin' postcard!

Originally posted by sebastianxy

Speaking of which, and not to rub it in to the east coast fellas, but I can't believe how gorgeous today was...like a freakin' postcard!

yeah - 70 degrees where i live, at 7 p.m. i went outside and just sat for a while.