Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone Ever Take The Cpa Exam???

i have never taken the exam but i do have freinds that are accoutants and they have all taken the exam. The exam is actually being given today and tomorrow... good luck to all my friends taking it!!!

I happen to work for an accounting review course... Becker Conviser Professional REveiw, maybe you've heard of it. If you have some questions i can prob answer them. :D

My girlfriend took the first part today, and is taking the second tomorrow. She took off from work for a week, and has been studying over 8hours a day everyday. Yesterday she got her period too. She is a total bitch. Currently I am hiding in the other room on the computer while she studys. She is pure 100 percent evil. :knife:

Good luck on your test though!

take it ASAP...there's changes coming and if u pass 2 certain parts u wont have to retake them when the changes come.

ill be taking the new CPA exam and im guessing so will u....im prolly gona go with the Person/Wolinsky review course...they seem to be the best.

i go to QC where the test was being administered ...today the fuckin campus was mobbbbbed. people parked on sidewalks..driveways..hydrants..pure madness. the cops didnt give any tickets out though..nice of them .

CPA exam is one of the hardest exams out there....some think its harder than the BAR. the problem is that there is so much material that u have to cover...FARE which makes up 50%-60% of the exam is rough....the LAW part is pretty straight forward and the audit sections can be a killer.

i suggest u take Goverment and Non -Profit accounting in school..its a pretty decent part of the exam... Financial Statement Analysis is also critical....

dude..i didnt know u were an accounting major?

well i wasnt an accouting major and never considered it...

im actually a marketing/management major at adelphi....and you have to take acc1 and 2 which is the basics....but my teacher from last semester says that i pick up the concepts right away and i should seriously consider it...so im gonna graduate next semester and hopefully get into the ms-program at baruch....i have the grades so hopefully it would not be a problem...the program is specifically designed for people like me...it is for peopel who want to have a masters in accounting and one of the requiremtents is to have a BA in the business field other then accounting....so its perfect...

thats good stuff....im debating whether i should go for my MBA. i wont really need it once i get my CPA license...but it looks really good..and ur base salary is somewhere around 80,000 with an MBA ...so....i shall see...one thing is for certain..im not paying for it...the firm i work for (hopefully) will hook it up

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

take it ASAP...there's changes coming and if u pass 2 certain parts u wont have to retake them when the changes come.

ill be taking the new CPA exam and im guessing so will u....im prolly gona go with the Person/Wolinsky review course...they seem to be the best.

i go to QC where the test was being administered ...today the fuckin campus was mobbbbbed. people parked on sidewalks..driveways..hydrants..pure madness. the cops didnt give any tickets out though..nice of them .

CPA exam is one of the hardest exams out there....some think its harder than the BAR. the problem is that there is so much material that u have to cover...FARE which makes up 50%-60% of the exam is rough....the LAW part is pretty straight forward and the audit sections can be a killer.

i suggest u take Goverment and Non -Profit accounting in school..its a pretty decent part of the exam... Financial Statement Analysis is also critical....

dude..i didnt know u were an accounting major?

cpa is definetly very hard... but its not as hard as the bar.. that is a crazy hard test..

but then again, the actuarial exam abuses them both..

the changes are not for the worse....dont get so hyper about it

its becoming computerized (like the GMAT) with more multiple choice questions and less essays

rumors of an added section are false too

The section that is being added is economics. Starting next november (i belive) is when the changes go into effect. It will be computerized and it will be offered about 8 times a year, opposed to the 2 times a year its offered now.

Price Waterhouse, McGladrey & Pullen and a couple other firms pick up the price of course if you work for them (and im talking about Becker Conviser, not Person/Wolinsky, even though im sure Person has offers too). We also have pretty good offers with about 15 other firms.

The exam itself is pretty hard. I have freinds that are now taking it for the 3rd and 4th time.

there are also diffrent rules for dif states. IF your sitting for the test in NJ, you have to sit for all 4 parts the first time, you have to pass atleast 2 parts and if you fail the other 2 you have to get a score of atleast 50 for it to count. In NY you dont have to sit for all 4 the first time, you have to pass atleast 2 parts, but you can get a 30 in the other 2 and it'll still count.

If you wanna know anything else lemme know.

www.beckerconviser.com :)

Originally posted by AcidCrackwhore

The section that is being added is economics. Starting next november (i belive) is when the changes go into effect. It will be computerized and it will be offered about 8 times a year, opposed to the 2 times a year its offered now.

there isnt an econcomics section!!!!

one section is being changed to "business environment"

and the topics are being moved around

Eric ..there will be added sections...and actually one of them will most likely be Economics...how do i know this?....i sat down and spoke to one of the owners of Person/Wolinsky...and if he doesnt know what he's talkin about ...who does?...im not really stressing it but i think it will be a little harder...

Floyd........the actuary exams r reeeeeedonculous!..theres like 6 or 7 right?? but when u become an actuary...god damn ur rollin in some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Eric ..there will be added sections...and actually one of them will most likely be Economics...how do i know this?....i sat down and spoke to one of the owners of Person/Wolinsky...and if he doesnt know what he's talkin about ...who does?...im not really stressing it but i think it will be a little harder...

Floyd........the actuary exams r reeeeeedonculous!..theres like 6 or 7 right?? but when u become an actuary...god damn ur rollin in some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

yea thats what i've heard!

lol

yea i believe theres 7.. but your right, once you get in your defiently hooked up.. good luck w/ the cpa